NPR Talk of the Nation AWB

PDA

Jack T.
May 15, 2003, 03:10 PM
Talk of the Nation on NPR today is discussing the AWB. . .Might be worth listening to. . .And it might not

If you enjoyed reading about "NPR Talk of the Nation AWB" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jack T.
May 15, 2003, 03:41 PM
Hope nobody listened to it. . .Chris Cox of the NRA made some good points. . .Then some brain trust from the Brady bunch talked more about not needing semi-autos for civilian use and how 90% of Americans and the majority of the NRA supports the AWB.

Turned my stomach.

TechBrute
May 15, 2003, 03:53 PM
I avoid listening to those shows. Usually doesn't accomplish much except raising my blood pressure. It's usually just two stupid people spouting made up statistics and I usually hate both of them by the time it's over.

scottgun
May 15, 2003, 04:49 PM
Its always good to hear the other side's point of view, as twisted and uninformed as it maybe. There's a group of people out there who hear this and believe it.

I never tune into NPR, however if someone else has it on, it's good for a few laughs at how pompous and uninformed they are.

gun-fucious
May 15, 2003, 05:06 PM
Host
Neal Conan

Thurday, May 15, 2003
The story of former New York Times reporter Jayson Blair continues to fuel discussions of how the news gets reported. We'll look at what media organizations do to make sure the facts are correct and the stories are original.
Should gun victims have the right to sue gun makers? Should the NRA have the right to attack political opponents on television? And do we need a ban on assault weapons? We'll discuss the tough questions Washington is facing about gun control.

The audio for this program will be available online after 6pm ET, 3PM PT.

http://www.npr.org/programs/totn/index.html

Standing Wolf
May 15, 2003, 06:15 PM
I avoid the national leftist extremist self-styled "news" media. If I wanted my intelligence insulted, I'd find a rap radio station.

Combat-wombat
May 15, 2003, 06:38 PM
In most cases it's good to hear the other point ov view, but on this topic the other point of view is so full of B.S., and gets so much media attention, that it is sickening to listen to.

If you enjoyed reading about "NPR Talk of the Nation AWB" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!