Who makes a left-handed flinty Kentucky/penn rifle?

PDA

1KPerDay
October 11, 2006, 04:39 PM
I shoot long guns lefty and would like a flintlock. A kit would be preferable but I'd also consider nice tiger-striped maple stocks with browned furniture.:cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Who makes a left-handed flinty Kentucky/penn rifle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1KPerDay
October 11, 2006, 04:41 PM
BTW, NOT CVA. I've built enough of them to know I don't want to build any more. :D

sundance44s
October 11, 2006, 05:10 PM
Dixie gun works has a lefty ..on sale right now too ..can`t remember who it`s made by though . ya might give it a look see though .

Keegster
October 11, 2006, 05:42 PM
Yeah, check out this link. They have the hawken and Lyman great plains rifle in left hand. Although I also am left handed and I have had no problem shooting right handed rifles.

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=l%2Fh&x=0&y=0

rebel16
October 11, 2006, 09:32 PM
Try a right handed flinter before you spend on a lefty. I'm a lefty and the flash isn't noticible. Matter of fact, I don't see it at all. The view is blocked by my nose.

Loyalist Dave
October 12, 2006, 08:31 AM
Tennessee Valley Manufacturing "TVM" makes left handed guns from parts, to kits to finished items.
Google "TVM Rifles".

LD

1KPerDay
October 12, 2006, 11:41 AM
Is TVM a reputable company? Anyone dealt with them? Are they italian parts like everything else?

sundance44s
October 12, 2006, 12:33 PM
TVM will build with what you want as far as parts .. most folks i know that shoot the TVM guns have Green Mountain barrels and L&R locks and Davis triggers ...but they`ll pretty much put what you prefer in to them . They are well built good guns at a fair price .

1KPerDay
October 13, 2006, 04:12 PM
I checked out the site... they look amazing. I want one of each. *droool*:cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Who makes a left-handed flinty Kentucky/penn rifle?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!