SocDems are trying to ban the firearms in our country

PDA

Medusa
October 12, 2006, 12:15 PM
http://www.postimees.ee/121006/esileht/siseuudised/222980.php?r (in estonian, use on-line translator).
Shortly, social-democrats disagree with the gunlaw and want to remove the part that allows the civilians to aquire firearms for "protection of life and property". And they demand limiting the number of firearms in society.

Their reasons: state must provide the security of civilians (ie call 911 and wait), but this little detail has been unnoticed that the police is a mythical creature (like UFO - many have heard of but few have actually seen them) in rural areas, even in cities they are hard to come by. Last event - a guy had to kill the intruder; they did call the PD but patrol car showed up almost an hour later. In the capitol.

Also, lately some actions have happened, such as a guy shooting and killing a social worker and wounding another with illegal TT, or couple of days ago another stabbing another social worker, all in the social security office. Almost all criminal uses of firearms have been with illegal firearms, mostly illegal TTs. This actions are also referred to as a reason to use more gun-control. Which brings up next point: another bright idea, every gun-owning civilian must visit a psychiatrist once every year for sanity check.

For information, in last 5 years there have been less than 10 incidents where legal gun-owners have used their legal guns in anger. Several years ago the hollowpoint ammo for SD ban was forced in, now this.

My worries are that they have fallen in love into the UK gunlaws and are trying to implement them here :cuss: :barf: :banghead: Which makes another point for me to bail this country and maybe emigrate into US to some very gun-friendly state (to work for those who actually care for their people's safety).

Reimo

If you enjoyed reading about "SocDems are trying to ban the firearms in our country" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mr Kablammo
October 12, 2006, 06:58 PM
Go to the US embassy and check into joining the US armed forces. That part of the world may devolve again into the savagery of the two prior wars.

jrfoxx
October 12, 2006, 07:06 PM
I wish I had some advice to offer you on how to see to it that this doesn't happen i your country, but I dont know how your laws or political structure works honestly, so I will have to do some reading up on Estonia and its political system and see what I can learn and maybe offer you some advice other than the obvious, which is what we try to do here in America, Vote those people out of office, and vote for politicians who support your right to keep and bear arms.
Also, if you wouldnt mind, could you explain what a "TT" is in reference to this sentence from your post: "Almost all criminal uses of firearms have been with illegal firearms, mostly illegal TTs."?
Apologies for my ignorance if this is something obvious, I can be a little slow sometimes.

mp510
October 13, 2006, 02:12 AM
The TT is reffering to the TT-33 Tokarev, which was the Soviet issue pistol durng the second World War. It ischambered for 7.62x25, and was copied throughout the Comunist world.

Medusa
October 13, 2006, 11:19 AM
Apologies for my ignorance if this is something obvious, I can be a little slow sometimes.
Sorry that I wasn't more specific. What MP said of TT-s, there are thousands of them in country, mostly leftovers of red army when they left..

But is joining the US armerd forces thinkable if I have already done local duties?

Trouble is that the socdems actually were to most sensible party in this country, and I did vote for them :barf: . Who do I vote for now - one supports commies, one only "bold and beautiful", now one supports criminals...
:cuss:

If you enjoyed reading about "SocDems are trying to ban the firearms in our country" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!