Rate your state

PDA

kungfuhippie
October 12, 2006, 05:47 PM
Okay, The Brady Bunch has given D's and F's to all the free states. And the communist society called California got an A-

So I'd like to know where to move after college. I know I can look up the state gun laws but what I really want to know is;

1. The major pro's and con's for living in your state (not another state)

2. The gun laws you don't like in your state. (The major PITA ones)

3. Where you'd move to if you don't like your state, and why.

My firearm related list of wants is;

1. a shall issue state
2. No state AWB
3. No waiting period
4. No purchase limits
5. No registration
6. Good hunting opportunities

Thanks everybody.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rate your state" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
exar
October 12, 2006, 06:02 PM
INDIANA
1. pros-good people, really good lookin' girls and plenty of 'em, lots of stuff to do outdoors, decent job opportunities(especially around Indy).

cons- small town syndrome kicks in sometimes. Not many clubs to party at(except for Indy). Can't rifle hunt(you can in KY)

2. I like all of our laws, nothing bad that I can think of. Hardly any restrictions.

3. Tennessee- I was born there, some family there, similar culture there(a little too religious for my tastes)

Your entire list of wants (A crap load of deer and fowel) and more (Lifetime permits for CCW) are all met here in the Hoosier state!! GO COLTS!!:D

DouglasW
October 12, 2006, 06:04 PM
Colorado meets many of your requirements, and is the best place I've ever lived.

Shall issue, No state AWB (though Denver still enforces its own AWB). No waiting periods or registrations, etc.

Generally, the further from the Denver-Boulder corridor, the more gun-friendly I've found things.

If I wasn't tied to Denver for work, I'd certainly look further south/west in Colorado (Gunnison, Durango, etc.). Beautiful country!

Good luck.

Glockfan.45
October 12, 2006, 06:08 PM
Illinois

CONS

1.) Chicago

2.) No CCW

3.) No NFA items allowed

4) F.O.I.D cards

5.) 3 day waiting period on handguns, 1 day waiting period on rifles, and shotguns

PROS

1.) Assualt weapons legal (for now :uhoh: )

2.) Hi-Cap Magazines legal

3.) .50BMG calibers legal

4.) No purchase limits

5.) Excellent hunting

Sisco
October 12, 2006, 06:10 PM
After January 1 when CCW becomes effective Kansas gets 6 out of 6.

cmidkiff
October 12, 2006, 06:18 PM
Missouri:

1. a shall issue state
A Yup, good in 28 states (and _any_ valid permit is good here)

2. No state AWB
B Even NFA weapons are fine, unless you want a silencer (muffler's are verbotten).

3. No waiting period
D for 'depends'... Permit to aquire for handguns needed from sheriff. Depends on your sheriff, could be 10 minutes, could be 7 days. This is the next law we are attacking... hopefully it'll be gone soon! In my county, it's 10 minutes and 10 dollars. Still a PITA!

4. No purchase limits
A

5. No registration
F I consider the Permit to aquire as de-facto handgun registration (though it's not supposed to be!) As above, perhaps in the next year or so we'll be rid of this outdated jim crow BS.

C Deer, turkey, quail, pheasant... you're not going to find Moose and such here, nor are you going to find prarie dogs.

highlander 5
October 12, 2006, 06:27 PM
Mass:what: :banghead: :banghead: , WHAT EVER YOU DO DON"T COME HERE IT SUCKS.
not enough room to give specifics. I've lived here all my life and can't wait to retire so i can sell my house and get the hell out of dodge

PlayboyPenguin
October 12, 2006, 06:29 PM
Oregon is pretty good.

No waiting period.
We have shall issue CCW.
Good hunting.
No purchase limits.
Not sure about AWB since this is outside my current interests.

Eyesac
October 12, 2006, 06:34 PM
1. a shall issue state
Just about as easy as can be, good for 5 years, no where you can't carry except schools and federal buildings (I hear some states you can't enter bars), even if there's a sign saying you can't carry...:neener:

2. No state AWB
You can get just about anything.

3. No waiting period

4. No purchase limits

5. No registration
Nope. Also, no paperwork at all for private party transfers, no dros fees if you have a CCW. However CCW requires you to qualify with each gun you will carry, but no serial numbers or anthing, infact I qualified with half my friends guns.

Very hunter friendly.

Northern Nevada's great, Reno has lower unemployment than the national average, housing prices are acceptable, people are nice (I would never have thought you could say one town is nicer than another, but I just moved from CA and it's night and day). You got mountains, desert, Tahoe, and the beach is 3hrs away... good spot I tell ya!

kungfuhippie
October 12, 2006, 06:35 PM
thanks everyone.

Now don't worry, Illinois was off the list a while ago, along with Mass. Hawaii, and Jersey they all seam as bad off as California with their gun laws.

And as far as hunting moose...

If I ever shot a moose in California the zoo keeper would call the cops:neener:

And our deer here in southern california are little delicate deer, probably from west hollywood :eek: (California joke)

wingnutx
October 12, 2006, 06:36 PM
ARIZONA

1. a shall issue state YES
2. No state AWB YES
3. No waiting period YES
4. No purchase limits YES
5. No registration YES
6. Good hunting opportunities I think so

marklbucla
October 12, 2006, 06:36 PM
1. Pros/Cons:

Pros:
Land is cheap compared to **********. I'm from Los Angeles; what costs about $250K here is over a million back home.
Traffic is nothing compared to LA.
Crime is lower, but then again, I don't know how the rate compares.
Definitely gun friendly.
People are definitely friendlier (at least they appear to be).
Air is cleaner.
I don't know if this is a pro or not, but we get weather here.
Most things are cheaper.
Don't know if this is a pro or not, but there aren't that many people here- fewer stores and things to do.

Cons:
Don't know if this is a con to you, but everybody here is either White or Black.
The food here really sucks. For ethnic food, you pay more to get worse food. The exception is the Barbeque because I don't know how good it is on an objective scale. I can say that I like places in Torrance better though.
There's a lack of street signs where I live. It's a lot easier to get lost here than it is in LA.
I don't know if this is a con or not, but we get weather here. It's a con for me!
It's hard to understand people with a thick Southern accent. A lot of people mumble and don't enunciate here.
There are so few people here, it's hard to find a good job.
Can't buy alcohol on Sundays.

My CCW says that I can't carry in places that serve alcohol. My ********** permit allowed me to do that as long as it wasnt' a bar!

Probably to North Carolina because there are major cities there without giving up the lower cost of living.

knuckles
October 12, 2006, 06:37 PM
No one mentioned Vermont?

thumbody
October 12, 2006, 06:40 PM
Michigan
1. a shall issue state
Yes

2. No state AWB
No ban.

3. No waiting period
nope

4. No purchase limits
nope

5. No registration
None for long guns, for handguns , they must be taken to the County Sheriff for a "Safety Inspection" which consists of them recording the serial # and issuing a Safety Inspection Certificate.( In my opinion this IS a form of registration)

One of the largest herds of deer,plenty of turkey,rabbits etc. The Pheasant and partridge go in cycles, not as plentiful latelyIn the Northern Lower Peninsula there is elk hunting if you're lucky enough to get your name drawn and there are bear in the Upper Peninsula.
Plenty of State Game land for those who do not have access to private land.

Michigan's constitution also Acknowledges the right to own firearms

real_name
October 12, 2006, 06:41 PM
TN is as good as I deserve, which is pretty good.

Not sure about the range of hunting as I don't partake, but there's many, many who do.
The gun stores make you wait a few minutes when you buy a gun while they talk to TBI, which in my opinion is a ploy to let me look at more guns.
We actually have open carry, which you don't really see much but does cover you for those moments when you accidently flash your gun.
I keep telling my wife there's a minimum purchase limit of one handgun per month, but I'm still waiting for that to become actual legislation.

Oh and we don't have the house prices insanity that some other places have, but we do earn real money.

ozarkhillbilly
October 12, 2006, 06:47 PM
cmidkiff

B Even NFA weapons are fine, unless you want a silencer (muffler's are verbotten).

Lets work on this one, call your state rep and complain, that's what I am doing.

AirForceShooter
October 12, 2006, 06:47 PM
The Gunshine State:
Florida

AFS

tenbase
October 12, 2006, 06:57 PM
Disclaimer: The following information is correct to the best of my knowledge. No warranties expressed or implied.

1. The major pro's and con's for living in your state

Pros:

Shall-issue.
Statewide preemption.
Open carry with no permits and few forbidden areas.
No AWB.
No waiting periods.
Fairly low crime rate, even in Northern Virginia which is on the DC border (the Potomac is like a moat).
NFA friendly - MGs, cans, SBRs, SBS, AOWs all ok.
No registration except for MGs.
No duty to retreat unless you "started" the confrontation.

Cons:

Silly broken law which forbids CCW in any restaurant that serves alcohol (you must open carry).
One handgun a month, unless you have a CHL. State Police retains handgun sales records for a year to enforce this.
MGs are registered at the state level. Fairfax County requires a questionnaire for CLEO signoff.
AFAIK, one cannot conceal a loaded gun in your vehicle (ie, center console, glovebox) without a CHL.
No open carry in state parks, must have a CHL and the gun must be concealed.
Lethal force cannot be used to defend property.

One handgun a month. Pointless. Then again I couldn't afford to buy one a month :)
Aforementioned "restaurant ban".
Aforementioned in-car concealement ban. What the hell, I can carry a cocked and locked 1911 on the passenger seat, but not in my console? :rolleyes:

Back to southern Idaho, or Wyoming. Just too many people living in the DC metro area these days. Virginia is a good place to live overall, but NoVA is expensive and crowded.

PlayboyPenguin
October 12, 2006, 06:57 PM
The Gunshine State:
Florida
Florida? Didn't I read that you crazy people made it legal to just shoot anyone on site not too long ago? I'm pretty sure it was in all the papers. :neener:

cbsbyte
October 12, 2006, 07:04 PM
Mass was a pretty good state to live in up untill 1998 when a very strict Gun control bill was passed in both houses and signed into law by a Republican Governor. Note, We had several important pro gun wins in the state legislature during the last few years and no new guns laws have been passed. Will it ever be like Vermont or NH, no, but we can still hope to roll back some of the "worst in the nation" gun laws that where passed in 1998.

Pros:
*Class A LTC "All lawful purposes" (CCW permit) is easy to get in a majority of towns in the state.
*FID (non high capacity long gun) is Shall issue.
*NFA is legal with a state issued license.
*Open carry is legal on your own property, and/or during hunting season (hunting license required) in most state forest etc.
*Decent hunting in most parts of the state. We have more than enough deer, and Black bear to go around.
*Castle docturne
*No waiting periods
*Home for S&W, Kahr, Savage and other gun manufactures.
*Californians are worse off then we are in this state.

Cons:
*May Issue LTC (pistol permit/high capacity) state.
*All gun sales recorded by the state.
*Restictive handgun laws: All handguns to be sold in the state must pass the State's and Attorney General's requirements before being sold in the state.
*Non sunsetting AWB.
*No public stand your ground.
*Guns must be locked up at all times when not under ones direct control.
*Too many blissninnies in the state. 'Think of the childern'.
* can't buy ammo or reloading supplies mail order.

If I could move anywhere it would be Vermont. A liberal state with no gun laws.

Chipperman
October 12, 2006, 07:11 PM
Mass addendum to above:

Pro- Only places off limits are schools and court houses. OK to carry in restaurants, bars, banks, etc.

NFA is a mixed bag. You need the license to get any. MGs and SBRs are ok. SBS and Suppressors are no go.

Regular Capacity mags are ok IF you have a Class A license and the mags are Pre-Ban.

MA is a very odd state. If you are lucky enough to live in a good town, it's not so bad. If you live in an anti-gun town, your life stinks. The biggest problem for ME is that I cannot get a lot of new handguns. Otherwise I'm ok. I can CCW with hi-caps, I own machine guns, etc.

Stauble
October 12, 2006, 07:19 PM
my only gripe about Florida is that we have no open carry. if we did then id say we have the best laws.

as long as you stay out of South east Florida (where i am) then you're good. the rest of the state is very gun friendly. even where i am isnt too terribly bad.

Mousegun
October 12, 2006, 07:30 PM
Tennessee

From real_name -- """TN is as good as I deserve, which is pretty good."""

True but he forgot to mention the nuisance, no carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. That is a bad one because it is just a PITA restriction.

real_name
October 12, 2006, 07:34 PM
no carry in restaurants that serve alcohol

Agreed, and included in my evaluation of TN, pretty good falls far below perfect.
But when you grew up in England pretty good is still great.

oops!
October 12, 2006, 07:36 PM
Ky. I spend my time between Ky. and Tx. Both are OK for guns. Ky. is slightly better, due to open carry, cheaper CHL and loaded pistol in a glove box is not concealed.

Hunting/ fishing are great, the average buck I kill in Ky. each year would cost $5k-$10k in Tx.

Land is reasonable, taxes are about 1/2 of what I pay in Tx.

It costs more in taxes, utilities and license fees etc. to keep 3 vehicles and an apartment in Tx. than it does for a $200k home, 3,200 acres and 2 vehicles and Ky. income tax.:cuss:

G.I.Bill
October 12, 2006, 07:42 PM
Texas.
very gun friendly
-shall issue
-No AWB
-NFA ok
-No magazine restrictions
-No limits on number of purchases
-No waiting period
-Excellent hunting

However, many people complain of "small" deer and something like 90% of Texas land is privately owned so you need a lease or a good friend with some land. As far as tacticool weapons you can own whatever you can afford. Most gun ranges are friendly to all shooters but some have restrictions on military type firearms, however there are complete ranges dedicated to tactical shooting with 500 yard ranges, bays, shoot houses, etc. People are friendly and the job market is good with several large cities to choose from and there is still open land available for purchase. The houses and cost of living is generally very affordable.

DouglasW
October 12, 2006, 07:51 PM
Reading posts about other states reminded me:

Additional Colorado points:
'castle' doctrine
thousands (millions?) of acres of public land -- lots of hunting options, in addition to phenomenal camping/hiking etc.
only restrictions on CCW is public elementary, middle, and high schools, courthouses and other buildings with permanent metal detectors.
Open carry allowed statewide...though you're sure to get hassled in the Denver-Boulder area

MountainBear
October 12, 2006, 08:12 PM
Adendum to Playboy's Oregon comments:
Ther is NO AWB in Oregon.
All the class three toys are legal if you follow the fed laws.
If you get on the other side of the state from Portland (read anywhere east of the I-5 corridor), the hunting is both varied and exceptional.
Lots of public land to hunt on, both BLM and USFS.

Only downside is we have a jackass democrat as a govenor at the moment and even though the republicans carry something like all but five counties in the state, those five we don't carry are ultra liberal and highly populated (Portland area(at least 2 counties) Salem, and Eugene, Corvallis urban areas). So just how long we can count on having all these good things is in question.

kungfuhippie
October 12, 2006, 08:38 PM
My sister moved to Washington state from Monterey (hippie land) So glad at least I'm in a red county (San Bernardino)

Anyway when I went to visit her, my first time in Wa. I went to a store called Ranch and Home or something like that. I could just pick up any ammo I wanted and go buy it! Hunting supplies were plentiful! I didn't check to see if the Wal Marts there sell rifles (I'm left handed and they can get a L.H. rifle easier than the local guys who don't want to bother)

I may go there, if I avoid Seattle (Kind of reminded me of San Francisco:barf: ). But I may just move away from the left coast to get back to reality. Here talking on a lunch break discretly with a fellow hunter/co-worker about hunting results in threats of termination from the anti-gun nazis in HR.:fire:

I got a new job about a week later:neener: and my new boss has a .50 BMG and loves to hunt upland game.:D

My supervisor owns a shotgun for !!!GASP!!! home defense.

The Secretary's Boy Friend loves to target shoot:D

I like my new job it makes it tolerable here until 2008

AF_INT1N0
October 12, 2006, 09:11 PM
The Peoples Republik of **********.. F--

"But as the locals say... At least the weather is nice..:banghead: :banghead:

kludge
October 12, 2006, 10:30 PM
INDIANA
1. pros-good people, really good lookin' girls and plenty of 'em, lots of stuff to do outdoors, decent job opportunities(especially around Indy).

cons- small town syndrome kicks in sometimes. Not many clubs to party at(except for Indy). Can't rifle hunt(you can in KY)

2. I like all of our laws, nothing bad that I can think of. Hardly any restrictions.

3. Tennessee- I was born there, some family there, similar culture there(a little too religious for my tastes)

Your entire list of wants (A crap load of deer and fowel) and more (Lifetime permits for CCW) are all met here in the Hoosier state!! GO COLTS!!:D

I'll just add that the deer in Indiana are corn fed. None of that gamey acorn fed Michigan deer. :neener:

v8stang289
October 12, 2006, 10:47 PM
NC is the place to be

pros- shall issue, no weapons ban, no waiting period, no purchase limits, no registration, and best of all good hunting.

the hunting varys from place to place in the state but there are some large deer in N.C. i live in lenoir county, and we have average deer around here. They arent monsters by any means, but they are respectable. we have a couple 10 pt bucks on the wall that weighed around 200lbs and have over
17" inside spread.

Hogfan1911
October 12, 2006, 10:58 PM
Shall-issue. Recoginzed by/recognizes most other states. No AWB. Carry in restaurants that serve booze. Permit process is pretty quick & straightforward. No gun/month limit. Best areas are central or northwest parts of the state (NW is growing like mad...all that Wal-Mart $$$). Outstanding hunting & fishing opportunities, lots of public land, easy to get away from everyone else if you're willing to put in a little effort. TONS of gorgeous women, especially if you're in a college town. Great food in the South, despite what some yankee transplants might think.:p Cons? None I can think of as far as guns are concerned. Culturally, it depends on you & your personal preferences, & I can't speak to those.....

FTF
October 12, 2006, 10:59 PM
Georgia good, with a couple exceptions

Pros:

*You can buy anything including Class 3 (may vary with CLEO by county)
*Don't have to wait to buy anything
*Carry permit exempts you from NICS check
*Generally friendly locals although ATL is becoming socialist.
*Lots of land but you have to get away from the main cities to get to it/buy it.
*Job market is good, but you have to be close to the stupid cities (good/bad)

Cons:

*Carry permit can take up to 6 months to issue even though the law says 2.
*CCW laws vague... no carry in publicly owned buildings, places that serve alcohol for consumption, NO CARRY ON PUBLIC TRANSIT OR ADJACENT PARKING LOTS (that is a freaking dangerous part of ATL), no "public gatherings" which is vague and basically up to officer discretion.

But... it's really gun friendly in my opinion. I think FL would be better though given it's proximity. I'm not complaining, I like it here, but I DO wish the CCW laws were worded more clearly and the stupid alcohol factor was limited to bars and mass transit was removed. Of course, closer to Atlanta you're going to run into more resistance, but a few of us are bucking the system and trying to draw attention (good attention) to the cause.

real_name
October 12, 2006, 11:00 PM
The South is winning so far...

Axman
October 12, 2006, 11:42 PM
I'm with wingnutz on this one, AZ is awesome. Plus we are allowed open carry! Hunting is a good mix of game like bighorn sheep and bison along with the variety of deer and other various game.

CRAZY-G
October 13, 2006, 12:00 AM
Montana meets all your requirements as far as I know

.38 Special
October 13, 2006, 12:09 AM
California

1. a shall issue state
Uh, no.

2. No state AWB
You didn't really want one anyway.

3. No waiting period
Suffering is good for the soul.

4. No purchase limits
Your wife would just yell at you if you bought more than one a month.

5. No registration
All the good guns are on the banned list anyway, so you might as well buy private party.

In all seriousness, pig hunting in California is pretty outstanding.

carlrodd
October 13, 2006, 12:14 AM
Delaware

+s:

-open carry legal
-no purchase limits
-no AWB
-no hi cap ban
-TAX FREE SHOPPING!:D

-s:

-may issue

got cope?
October 13, 2006, 03:51 AM
no carry during primitive weapons seasons

no carry on WMA's or state parks.

no carry in church.

and I agree the "public gathering" is very vague in description. Needs to be more defined.

and a good, open carry is allowed.

EvisceratorSrB
October 13, 2006, 04:36 AM
California::barf:

Pros:
Howitzer cannons allowed
Fully-auto MG's are REQUIRED
CCW ... or else
No magazines with capacities UNDER 10 rounds
Grenade launchers anyone?

Cons:
I really can't think of anything...:rolleyes:

crazed_ss
October 13, 2006, 04:54 AM
Let's see...

1. a shall issue state - NOPE
2. No state AWB - NOPE
3. No waiting period - NOPE
4. No purchase limits - NOPE
5. No registration - No registration for long guns. Handguns are registered when bought/transferred
6. Good hunting opportunities - ???

D- :fire:

Keith Wheeler
October 13, 2006, 09:05 AM
More on Arkansas

NFA friendly, though there's this bizarre state law that you have to inform the state police if you have a full-auto of over .30? I can't remember, it's arcane.

Hunting? More white-tail than you can shake a boom-stick at. Plenty of small game. Ah yeah, and we're the duck hunting center of the universe. Plenty of good fishing too, as well as lots of other wonderful outdoors type things to do -- hiking, camping, caving, searching the swamps for the Fouke monster. Arizona is great, but all that openess freaks me out. I like being able to get lost in the woods.

The big cities are big enough to have "big city" things to do without being overwhelming.

Downside? Well, there are a couple of towns that I don't go through without having "any firearm, other than fully-automatic, with barrel length of less than 12", designed or adapted to be fired with one hand..."

thumbody
October 13, 2006, 09:10 AM
kludge

I'll just add that the deer in Indiana are corn fed. None of that gamey acorn fed Michigan deer. :neener:

If you stay in the southern third of the state the deer are fed better than the cattle around here. Once you get north of West Branch then you get less farmland and more forest.
I have had venison from both areas and I'll agree the farmland deer do taste much better.

The Drew
October 13, 2006, 09:17 AM
I give PA an A-

mainly for the keeping of sales records by the state police for all handguns. And you must transfer a handgun through a dealer. Although according to the state supreme court... It isn't registration (which would be illegal)

Protein anchor
October 13, 2006, 09:56 AM
I agree with Cb...MA has some strange issues.

I really do not like that I cannot order ammo from other states...can somebody tell me the logic behind this? As long as you have a LTC or other card, should you not be able to do so? Even if there is a rigorous application process...it would save some bucks. Do not get me started on the super-secret approved weapons list...what a crock. :)

American By Blood
October 13, 2006, 10:00 AM
MARYLAND

1. a shall issue state

May issue. If you're very lucky and special. Even then your permit will only be valid while you're engaged in certain activities (IE taking a large cash deposit to the bank, assuming that's why you were granted the permit).

There's a growing movement for shall-issue, but the state is very politically volatile. We have an incredibly important gubernatorial election in a few weeks. If the result is red the forces of light will have a few more years to gain momentum. Should the race go blue then we have a very dark four years (at least) ahead of us.

2. No state AWB

A little from column A, a little from column B. Most "assault weapons" are legal here. AKs, ARs, FALs, you name it. However, "assault pistols" such as Tec-9s and non-carbine Uzis are out.

We also have a rather weak high capacity magazine ban that prevents us from buying any mags over 20 rounds in-state or via mailorder/the internet. However, hicaps are legal to possess and there's nothing stopping us from heading to PA and VA to outfit our rifles. We cannot, however, trade mags with our friends or ask them to pick some up for us on their next VA/PA run. Any transfer of hicaps is illegal.

Unfortunately, "assault weapons" are treated differently from other rifles here. Pump actions, bolt guns, etc are all considered "unregulated" firearms under our laws and buying them from an FFL requires only the proper money and a clean NICS check. Cash and carry, assuming the ATF doesn't delay you. Paperless private transfers are good to go as well. Pistols and AWs, on the other hand, are "regulated" and require a special check by the State Police and a waiting period. You can only purchase one regulated firearm a month and private transfers are illegal. I'm pretty sure the State Police keep records of these checks, thus creating a backdoor registration of some guns. Lots of folks who owned ARs got "the knock" when the Beltway Sniper case was still under investigation.

Not sure about class IIIs. Out of my price range and I hate legal hoops.

All of this could change very soon, though. If Mayor O'Malley is elected governor in a few weeks a state AWB is almost guaranteed. We only narrowly defeated one recently.

3. No waiting period

See above.

4. No purchase limits

One per month on the "regulated" firearms. As many as your paycheck, gun safe, and significant other will allow for the "unregulated" stuff.

5. No registration

Nada on the "unregulated." Likely backdoor on pistols and EBRs.

Can't say. Not a hunter. Great countryside, though.

All in all, I'd recommend staying away unless you like leftists, crime, and humidity. Stick to the first world.

Srigs
October 13, 2006, 10:08 AM
For Minnesota,

1. a shall issue state? YES
2. No state AWB? None
3. No waiting period? None with a purchase permit (free and good for a year with no limit on number to purchase) or a carry permit good for five years
4. No purchase limits? None
5. No registration? None not even with the carry permit.
6. Good hunting opportunities? During Deer and Duck/Goose/ other upland bird we have 600 to 700k hunters out shooting things every weekend. Over 12% of the total population of the state!
7. Carry Open? YES
8. Brandishing Laws? NO
9. Can own sound reducers? NO :mad:
10. Carry in schools? Post secondary Yes. Primary maybe with permission of the principle or supper!
11. Can carry in bars? YES
12. Can carry in State Parks? YES
13. NFA OK? YES

All in all Minnesota rates about a A-! :)

moewadle
October 13, 2006, 10:19 AM
I do not know what AWB means but will summarize Iowa gun laws: For handguns you have to go to the local Sheriff's office and acquire for $15 a "permit to acquire a handgun." The office simply checkes NCIS records to make sure you are not a felon, etc and issues the permit to acquire. Note this is NOT a permit to carry. Then for one year you can buy all the handguns you want with not limit and no waiting period. You do not otherwise have to register these handguns. You can legally sell these privately to a NON-FFL if you wish as long as that person has a current permit to acquire. At the end of a year you have to get another permit that lasts a year.

As far as permit to carry a concealed weapon you have to apply at local sheriff's office. I do not CCW. I was told by a gun dealer that every county is different in how permissive the sheriff's office is in issuing these. In some counties it is very hard to get one without real proof such as "I am a guard for armored car service." or "I have to transport large amounts of cash to the bank at night." In other counties it is really easy apparently.

For purchase of long guns it is simply a matter of the dealer filling out the federal form and you can sell long guns to private individuals with no restriction if you are a private individual.

Hunting in Iowa is White Tail Deer, mostly with slug shotguns but in a narrow strip of southern Iowa can use centerfire rifles. Also, wild turkey, pheasant, small game. Some coyote hunting apparently.

I like Iowa because there is open space, little pollution, friendly nice people, very educated populace. If I moved from Iowa I would move to Oregon.

rangerruck
October 13, 2006, 10:20 AM
texas fits all your criteria, plus lots of reciprocity, lots of gun shows, lots of gun ranges, and you can hunt literally anything here, including lots of hogs and exotics. Plus , come on , I mean , we are talkin about Texas! Desserts and Plateaus in the west, rolling hills and pine in the East, Mountains and snow up Norht , The gulf coast and great fishing to the south.

Aggie's Revenge
October 13, 2006, 11:11 AM
Oklahoma

Take all of the responses from Texas and cut and paste it here.

tuna
October 13, 2006, 11:36 AM
Where's Manedwolf to rub in how much better NH is than MA?

I'd like to hear more on other New England States. I'm planning on eventually becoming a refugee to either ME, NH or VT.
This is a great thread for info.

AJ Dual
October 13, 2006, 11:52 AM
Concealed Carry - NO*
Waiting Period - Handguns, 2 business days, long guns, none.
Purchase/Ownership Permits or Licenses - NO
State Constitution RKBA Amendment - YES (Worded for individual right, "all lawful purposes" verbiage included.)
State Gun Law Preemption - YES
Range Protection - YES
Ammo, gun, magazine bans? - NO (nothing other than Fed, laws.)
NFA/Class III - YES (predictably, big city CLEO's are problematic for form 4's)
Right To Hunt? - YES
Good Hunting Opportunities - YES/NO Lots, lots, lots, of hunting. Might seem "crowded" to those used to the western U.S. though. Northwestern WI is pretty good though.

Earlier, I used to give WI an A-/B+ for it's gun environment, but as CCW became so common across the U.S. I keep dropping it, right now it's about a C+/C-, take CCW out of the equation, WI bounces back up to A-, IMO.

* We are oh so close to CCW, and have come within a hairs breadth each time it's come up in the legislature since 2000, the last two times even on 2/3rds supermajority veto override failing by 1-2 turncoat voters bribed off by the Governor. Tuesday, November 6th will decide if we get CCW in WI. I am cautiously optimistic the Republican Governor challenger will win, and pro-RKBA legislators will hold at least a minimum 51% majority in the Capitol.

If that comes to pass, WI's CCW bill may well be one of the best in the nation with as few BS limitations as anywhere. The pro-CCW forces will be in no mood to compromise, nor will they need to.

silhanek
October 13, 2006, 12:14 PM
ARIZONA

1. a shall issue state YES
2. No state AWB YES
3. No waiting period YES
4. No purchase limits YES
5. No registration YES
6. Good hunting opportunities I think so

+1 :)

Pros: Many good gun shops in the state and even a good amount of decent gun shows per year. Many ranges to go shoot at and also a lot of open land to find a place to shoot also.

In the last 2 years they have eliminated the CCW renewal and shortened the original class from 16 hours to 8 hours.

Cons - The state law is that you can't carry in an establishment that servers any alcohol. Not only does this eliminate bars, but almost all restaurants. They've passed bills twice to change this, but the governer has vetoed them. Hopefully a new governer will be selected next month and CCW laws changed next year.

Rumble
October 13, 2006, 12:26 PM
1. Shall issue state: Check. Very short turnaround; no training requirement (good or bad, depends on your opinion); very low cost (less than $30, I think)

2. No state AWB: Check.

3. No waiting period: Check.

4. No purchase limits: Check.

5. No registration: Erm. There is a "backdoor" registration, I would say, because the state po get purchase records.

6. Good hunting opportunities: Check. Far as I know. I don't hunt, so I have little knowledge of it. I know that opening day of deer season round where I live is a de facto holiday.

I'm new to PA, but I'm pretty happy here. I live in Pittsburgh, but I'm soon to be moving to a more rural area closer to my work (I got a 100+ mile round-trip commute these days, and it's really beginning to frost my posterior). The scenery is nice out here in Western PA, real estate is inexpensive, and life is on the whole pretty good. On the other hand, property taxes are high, the squeaky wheels in the legislature are from the big cities, and our governator is an anti, so...it's mixed in that sense.

On the whole, I'm rather satisfied, though.

TheArchDuke
October 13, 2006, 12:38 PM
California:

CONS:
1.Dianne Feinstein

PROS:
We can own guns...for now.

offthepaper
October 13, 2006, 12:40 PM
MARYLAND

AMERICAN BY BLOOD:
---------------
Yes, the coming Gov's race is huge in this state. If MOM prevails, it will be very bad news indeed for Maryland gun owners. An AWB could be just the very start of antis agenda in this state. :cuss: :banghead:

Protein anchor
October 13, 2006, 12:46 PM
100 bucks and 50-100 for the training! Turnaround time is about 4-6 weeks. :)

Mr White
October 13, 2006, 01:17 PM
1. a shall issue state: YES

2. No state AWB: Bring the AW's you want, and buy more when you get here!

3. No waiting period: Obtaining my CCW took all of 45 minutes, and that included getting thru the metal detectors in the courthouse and 20 minutes to fill out the form.

4. No purchase limits: The only limit is the size of your wallet.

5. No registration: You do have to register your car.

6. Good hunting opportunities: Lots of public land. Game Commission owns about 1.5M acres for public hunting. About 2.5M acres of farmland open to public hunting. 2.5M acres in state forests and parks, much of which is open to hunting. LOTS more land around the state open for hunting.

Downsides:
*Depending on your field, you might have a tough time getting a job.
*Taxes are somewhat high.
*Our Governor is an idiot.
*You can't buy liquor in stores. The state contols distribution of all alcohol other than beer.
*We're surrounded by communist states (NY, NJ, MD)
*Our closest ally is WV.
*The best football team in the state right now is the Eagles.
*The weather generally sucks, but we don't get hurricaines, earthquakes, mudslides, volcanic eruptions or major wildfires.

The state house just had a special session on curbing violence and some of the libs intruduced the usual gun-control bills. They got shot down so fast and so soundly that I kind of felt sorry for the poor libs, but just for a second.

neoncowboy
October 13, 2006, 01:25 PM
I'd move to WY, ID or MT...especially WY.

Here's a map I have that compares CCW prohibited places from state to state.

http://georgiacarry.org/cms/?page_id=3

Note: Georgia is shall issue...but there are so many prohibited places that the license is worthless.

kungfuhippie
October 13, 2006, 03:22 PM
Not to be a jerk:eek: but I really appreciate the ones who commented on living in their state, not just gun laws. I do like a personal opinion on the gun laws, but anyone can look them up so going into great detail is not necessary. The political insite is great and hunting oportunities are great to share.

Here's my attempt at answering my questions, should have done this first off

PRO's
Nice weather (we always say that though it's a lie)
close to mountains, beach, desert.
lots of work oportunities and the most variety of merchandise (except guns)
several local gun shows with in 2 hrs. drive
Vegas (if you like that) is a few hours away.
good hog hunting (not my thing)
deer, sheep, coyote, upland bird, illegial imigrants:neener: (just kidding) all pose good hunting options.

CON's
Illegial imigration
1 in 4 chance of the next car accident being with an uninsured driver
traffic (many days 1-1/2 hrs. to go 30 miles to work)
crime-violent and not
no good deer to hunt
crowded everywhere except out in the desert
housing costs way too much
to many liberal hippie types that hate freedom

2. The gun laws I don't like;
-practically no ccw permits issued:fire:
-10 day gun wait:cuss:
-Assault Weapon Ban:fire:
-Hand Gun registration:cuss:
-50bmg ban:barf:
-hi cap mag ban:barf:
-Saturday night special rules:fire:
-some cities (Pomona) record when you buy ammo, how much what type where etc.:banghead:
-Practically no open carry (only low population counties)

3. Not sure yet
Just know it won't be ILL, NY, NJ, Ma might have forgotten one.

Stevie-Ray
October 13, 2006, 03:22 PM
In all seriousness, pig hunting in California is pretty outstanding.And you get used to the recoil of a slingshot rather quickly.:neener:

selector67
October 13, 2006, 11:12 PM
Lets see how the antis:cuss: view each state http://www.stategunlaws.org/

Cosmoline
October 13, 2006, 11:34 PM
ALASKA

Pros: Best environment bar none, best hunting bar none, best fishing bar none, reasonable license fees for residents, diverse climates, enormous size, very remote from relatives, only one overcrowded city, no state taxes.

Cons: Few roads, some regions of intense cold in winter, seasonal darkness north of sixty, high COL outside major urban area, long distances between towns and villages, small but frequently hostile local and state government.

Gun laws I don't like: Can't openly carry my loaded rifle into banks or airports. Can't shoot holes in many things that need shooting, at least in town.

Everytime I go outside on business I wonder how you people can live down there. It's so crowded and overdeveloped.

spankaveli
October 13, 2006, 11:57 PM
Louisiana and Florida have your requirements.

Florida has the stand your ground law. :cool:

Edit: Florida is also a shall issue for out of state licenses.

statelineblues
October 13, 2006, 11:59 PM
D-- :cuss: :cuss: :banghead: :banghead: :fire:

Need I say more?

The ONLY reason I don't give it an "F"-

on the plus side, good paying jobs and the highest per capita income on the east coast, so my suggestion is work in Jersey but live in PA!!!!

crunker
October 14, 2006, 12:03 AM
NJ: totally lame

Assault weapons ban: in effect
No high-cap mags
virtually impossible to get CCW unless you're a cop or armored car gaurd
handgun registration
extensive licensing
handgun permit to purchase
handgun license
general firearm license
no waiting period

Geronimo45
October 14, 2006, 12:21 AM
Texas - No AWB, no trouble with any kind of NFA as long as it's Fed-legal, no waiting period. Shall issue.
Cons? No open carry. This rates it a B+ because we hit 100 through most of the summer, and the summer is most of the year.
Guns in cars? Pistols can be loaded and accessible - but must be hidden - if you are 'travelling'. Now, 'travelling' has a wider definition than before - but it's still iffy when you just want a gun in the car wherever you go. As for rifles and shotguns... if you want to CC a rifle, do it. No laws against it. Carry it openly if you like. Legal to tote rifles and shotguns, and to put them in gun racks in the car for as long as you like... probably an exception for school parking lots, though.
The police here - well, haven't met many but those I have known are level-headed and fine folks all around.
The biggest problem is that there's no open carry, and it's hot.
Another good point: The places you can't go to while carrying - aside from .gov buildings - must have ordinance 30.06 in English and Spanish and posted clearly to be valid. No carry to... I think it's to places that get 51% or more of their income from alcohol sales.

Do not mess with the Governor of the state, though. He's got constitutional rights to assemble the Texas Rangers, and lead 'em. Probably means he could invade Mexico if he wanted to.

camacho
October 14, 2006, 01:17 AM
Florida! For reasons already mentioned.
However, avoid the SE part. The cost of housing and insurance (all kind) is shocking!

Essex County
October 15, 2006, 11:37 AM
You can't posess a silencer. Thank God it's the only law....Essex

phantomak47
October 15, 2006, 11:46 AM
Texas

Pros

Lots of people more informed than me about specific Texas Laws, but overall a pretty good place that is gun friendly.

Cons

Concealed Carry class is very long compared to all over states, Florida was much easier to get, even Massachusetts had a shorter class and wasnt as expensive.

Prince Yamato
October 15, 2006, 12:24 PM
What? No New Mexico?

Assault Weapons Ban: Nope
CCW: Yes
Open Carry: Yes
NFA Friendly: Yes
Good Hunting: Yes
Castle Doctrine: Yes

Top that off with a full 4 seasons and little precipitation and you have the makings of probably one of the best states. (oh yeah, a good economy to boot).

TechBrute
October 15, 2006, 12:49 PM
Texas has everything you want. I'm not much of a hunter, though, so I can't comment on the quality of the hunting.

My only complaints are:
No open carry - I doubt I would, but I want the choice.
Expensive CHL - Most classes are $100+, and the license cost brings your total to around $250-300, depending on how much your class costs.

coyote_jr
October 15, 2006, 12:57 PM
Do not move to Rhode Island. There that was easy.

22-rimfire
October 15, 2006, 02:40 PM
Beyond being a "shall issue" state, my first suggestion is that it is in a state that you can get a good job. The second should be a climate and provide the quality of life that you like. Personally, I avoid places that are likely to be hurricane, earthquake, volcanic eruption, of tsunami prone. I could live with the hurricanes though. With the other stuff, it is just a matter of being outside a reasonable destruction radius.

Living in TN is a good choice as long as it is not in Memphis. Memphis sucks! It will also be pretty much destroyed when the BIG New Madrid quake happens. That could be tomorrow or could be in 100-years. No personal income tax either.

The Lone Haranguer
October 15, 2006, 03:19 PM
1. a shall issue state
2. No state AWB
3. No waiting period
4. No purchase limits
5. No registration

Arizona -- all of the above.

I am a native of California and lived there until 2003. Little needs to be said about their ridiculous hoops you have to jump through. :rolleyes: I tried the Las Vegas, NV area and didn't like that at all. In Clark County (where Vegas is located) you are supposed to register all your handguns upon arrival, as well as any handguns you purchase, with the LVMPD. Another form of registration is the requirement to qualify with your prospective carry gun, which is listed on your permit right down to the physical description, caliber and serial number. After a series of crap jobs I said "screw this," went to Arizona in mid-2005 and have been very pleased. Now if their taxes and car insurance rates were lower ... but that was not addressed in the topic. ;)

Sean Dempsey
October 15, 2006, 03:27 PM
Utah!

Shall Issue - Permit is 60 dollars and then 10 dollars every few years to renew.

High capacity mags - sure!

can carry most places, even bars (not federal bldgs, church grounds, posted places, secure areas of airport)

Umm, yeah it's actually been a pretty good state for guns and CCW. Something like 60,000 permits have been issued since the start of them in 1994.

Of course, there's the other side of utah which you'd have to consider, but /shrug, I've lived here my whole life and gotten used to it.

Ala Dan
October 15, 2006, 03:31 PM
but states I'd move too in a heatbeat: (in order)

01. Tennessee, obviously 1st choice
02. Montana
03. Wyoming
04. North Dakota
05. Idaho
06. Arizona
07. North Carolina
08. Nebraska
09. Colorado
10. South Dakota

garyk/nm
October 15, 2006, 09:06 PM
Like Texas, only better!!! :neener:
Open carry OK statewide, though not advisable in Santa Fe.
Concealed in vehicle is perfectly fine.
Class 3 and AOW, it's all good.
Shall issue, and very easy to get.

Cons:
Can't CCW anywhere that sells alcohol. This means no carry in Wally or most any grocery or stop-and-rob. We're working on this one.
The Governor is a major dorkwad. His ambition to become pres is clear for all to see, and he caters to all manner of special interests (mostly himself, though).

Oh yeah, the hunting is world-class.

SoCalShooter
October 15, 2006, 09:08 PM
I live in California 'nuff said'

Banshee
October 15, 2006, 09:25 PM
Tennessee

1. a shall issue state....yes
2. No state AWB.....No AWB
3. No waiting period....No waiting period
4. No purchase limits......no purchase limits
5. No registration..... just the background check
6. Good hunting opportunities..... good hunting

KnifeLawGuy
October 16, 2006, 12:50 AM
New Hampshire:

Pros:

+ One of the friendliest "shall issue" states: $10 permit, valid for four years, no fingerprints, no training requirement, permits issued (or denied) within 14 days by law (often less in practice), with denials appealable to district court.

+ open carry state

+ No assault weapons ban, class III friendly -- machine guns, suppressors, etc.

+ No waiting periods -- fill out your Form 4473, pass the NICS instant check, pay for your purchase, and walk out the door with your new gun! Often takes ten minutes or less!

+ Good hunting. In fact, hunting is one of the state's big income generators (along with all the visitors who come to see the spectacular Fall foliage).

+ No state income tax

+ No sales tax.

+ Sparsely populated for an Eastern state (approx one-fifth the population of Massachusetts, with about the same land area)

+ Enjoy actual seasons!

Cons:

- Gets cold in winter, with lots of snow some years (unless you like snow, then this is a plus!)

- Skiing in the East not like skiing out West. Hint: lots of ice! (on the plus side: you learn to use the edges of your skis really well!)

- Property taxes high, although still compares favorably with Taxachusetts, er, Massachusetts, our Southern neighbor.

Good luck with your choice!

razorburn
October 16, 2006, 12:55 AM
Go where you can find a job, man. You won't care about any of that stuff if you don't have any money to pay the bills. A friend of a friend just left today for Mississippi after completing his PHd in economics, he's been looking for a job for over a year. He hates mississippi but where there's work....

SAG0282
October 16, 2006, 01:31 AM
Washington State, the original shall-issue!

1. a shall issue state- Yes, with EXCEEDINGLY few restrictions.

2. No state AWB- None, though MGs are banned

3. No waiting period- 5days on handguns w/o CPL, otherwise no

4. No purchase limits- None

5. No registration- None

6. Good hunting opportunities- Many, though not as good as ID or AK in my experience.

One wacky law is that suppressors are legal to possess but not mount/use.

I would also like to see the ban on auto knives done away with....I can carry a GLOCK 19 w/ 16 rounds but not a knife?

kungfuhippie
October 16, 2006, 04:07 PM
Thanks everyone I hope it has helped everyone who is looking to move.

I'll be working as a civil engineer, so work is everywhere, though some is more desireable than others.

I may get a job with the Army Corp of Engineers, and they have postings for jobs everywhere. If not I'll work for a private office.

The reason I want this list is that for example if I get a job offer for Washington and Illinois It won't be a hard pick.

I believe that a job is to fund the family/life not the sole purpose for existing. If I had to work as a (insert crappy job here) to feed my family I'd not hesitate.

Ian Sean
October 16, 2006, 04:25 PM
Pennsylvania

1. a shall issue state

Yes, $20 and 20 minutes, month later, 5 year CCW

2. No state AWB

What's an AWB?...

3. No waiting period.

10 minutes is a long wait while they call you in (PICS)..if your in a hurry that is.

4. No purchase limits.

As earlier mentioned, only limit is the wallet or wife...:evil:

5. No registration.

Not really, handgun records go to state, but no requirement on your part to register a darned thing...other than to vote out gun grabbers.

PA has pretty darned good hunting, and our state gamelands comprise millions of acres.

Overall PA is great, if you are pro gun and pro freedom please move here and help offset the sheep and nanny staters moving in from NY and NJ! PLEASE!

JackW
October 16, 2006, 09:05 PM
1. a shall issue state -Yes ($60 for 5 years), Open carry OK, very short list of prohibited places (Courthouses, bars, schools, off limits. Restaurants serving alcohol OK, but stay out of the bar area and in the dining room)

2. No state AWB - Anything you can OK with the feds is allowed

3. No waiting period -Yep

4. No purchase limits - Affirmative

5. No registration - None

6. Good hunting opportunities - Yes (just don't shoot the horses :rolleyes: )

Only downside might be employment. But that really depends on your occupation.

mike101
October 16, 2006, 10:32 PM
I give New Jersey a Z-. Anywhere else is better, but I think I'd move to PA, when possible.:D

toivo
October 16, 2006, 10:47 PM
I give New Jersey a Z-. Anywhere else is better, but I think I'd move to PA, when possible.
Sorry to rub it in, but in New York State we think New Jersey is just there to make us feel better about our own laws. Have they settled the issue of whether a Marlin Model 60 is an "assault weapon" yet?

kungfuhippie
October 17, 2006, 12:34 PM
They think a semi-auto 22 rifle could be an assault weapon?:rolleyes: Thank God that California doesn't have the worst gun laws...But we do have the worst smelling hippies! :barf: And Diane Feinstein:barf: :barf: , and Barbara Boxer:barf: :barf: and ANtonio Villareconquista.:neener::confused: :barf: :barf: :barf: Bad enough here already.

jenniferjane
October 17, 2006, 01:00 PM
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned already, but I didn't see it. There is a book, the Traveller's Guide to Firearm Laws of the 50 States by J. Scott Kappas, Esq. that does a nice job of rating each of the states. It basically gives a one page summary of the laws of each state, along with notes regarding important court decisions and other considerations, and it gives a numerical rating to each state. I found a copy at Sportsman's Warehouse.

More info in this link:

http://www.gunlaws.com/travel.htm

cbsbyte
October 17, 2006, 01:00 PM
We have a cople of other things going for use that I forgot to add:

We have a overall lower tax burden than Connecticut, Rhode Island. And lower property taxes than New Hampshire.

We also have legal open carry though it is not advised in public.

We have less severe winters than Northern NE.

We have an excellent public education system in the state.

And an excellent medical system.

It is a good state to live in as long as one does not live in any large city.

El Tejon
October 17, 2006, 01:22 PM
Indiana has what you are looking for--no awb, no purchase limits, no registration, very strong self-defense laws (we elminated the duty to retreat in 1865 just a bit before Florida became the 1st state in the Union to do so in 2006) and Hoosier gun owners have the antis on their heels (within one year we have had 3 major victories including lifetime carry licenses and repeal of the no carry in state parks rule).

Contrary to earlier posted information, centerfire rifle can be used for deer if you have a predation permit (get to know a farmer or orchard owner).

mpmarty
October 17, 2006, 01:30 PM
OREGON!

Lets see...

PROS:
shall issue Y
no AWB ok
no waiting periods
no purchase limits
no registration
hunting & fishing good
automatic knives are legal (Benchmade made here)

CONS:

Liberal idiots in Portland, Salem and Eugene want to take over the state

9% personal income tax on top of federal taxes and no or almost no deductions for anything. Make $10,000.00 hand over $900 to the state.

Tree huggers come up here from ********** and try to run our lives.

We have a liberal governor who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground

We have one liberal jackass in Washington DC that voted to allow illegal aliens to get Social Security and voted against making English the official language of this country.

DRMMR02
October 17, 2006, 01:47 PM
No suppressors in Michigan :(

Oregongundude
October 18, 2006, 02:29 AM
Good hunting for Elk, Deer, Black Bear, Mountain lions, ducks, you name it you can hunt it here. Great Salmon and Steelhead fishing close to home. Great ocean fishing on a beautiful coast line.

No waiting period on gun purchases, background check on purchases of guns, no big deal. High capacity mags OK here as well.

CHL licenses issued to anyone with a background check. Reasonable price. You can own Suppressors here and any kind of gun for the most part.

NO SALES TAX!!!

Beautiful summers with low humidity and mild winters with lots of snow in the mountains. I agree with MPmarty's Cons about the politics in Portland, Eugene and Salem. I personally hate are Governer he is worthless.

:cool:

armedpolak
October 18, 2006, 09:58 AM
I've been living here for exactly 3 weeks and 3 days. Applied for CCW while still in NYC. Got CCW in the mail (with new address on it) thursday last week. Bought my first handgun an hour after I got my FL Drivers License (3 weeks ago). Bought my second handgun day after got CCW... couldn't find a holster for the first gun:D plus GF got what she wanted, so I got what I wanted (aka ring for a gun:D )

So far great! Except can't carry in bars, and no open carry (which kinna sucks, since I'm paranoid about printing, but I'm slowly getting used to it), and of course no carry at work, boooo, bad new job, bad!

Living is absolutelly amazing! I'm in Ft. Lauderdale on A1A right accross from the beach. 8th floor apartment with ocean view (as opposed to my neighbour view in NYC). I comute 25 minutes to work (hint: Spectrum Park, as opposed to 1 hour of the F train from Queens to downtown Manhattan:barf: ). Living ain't cheap though, at least apartment cost, same price as NYC one bedroom in Kewgardens, NYC, but with a much nicer view, so I can live with that. Also, I happened to land a nice (IT / development) job, and actually took a 5K cut, but my state taxes in NY were more than that, so I'm on the plus side, hihihihihihihi, lots of money to blow at Arizona Shooting Range on SR7, I'm becoming their MVC, i think :)

ArmedPolak

If you enjoyed reading about "Rate your state" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!