Colt 1903 Pocket Pistols

PDA

GeorgeR
October 13, 2006, 11:42 AM
Help, please. I have two Colt 1903s (32ACP) with no finish. One is a Type II w/bbl bushing and the other is a Type III. Can any of you Colt collectors tell me what parts were fire (nitre) blued? Looks like the trigger and grip screw, but were any other parts finished that way? Possibly the extractor ? If you have a 1903 with lots of original finish, maybe you can check and let me know. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt 1903 Pocket Pistols" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Onmilo
October 13, 2006, 12:56 PM
Only first variation and very early second variation guns used fire blued small parts.
All other 1903 variation small parts were finished in traditional caustic methods.

The trigger, safety, bushing detent, bushing, and the grip screw display fire blue finish on my first year production, first variation, .32 if that helps.

GeorgeR
October 13, 2006, 02:17 PM
Exactly the info I needed. Thank you, I really appreciate it. The longer I stay in this business, the more I realize how much I don't know. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt 1903 Pocket Pistols" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!