michelle malkin wants to go to the range!

PDA

gunsmith
October 13, 2006, 07:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exsMxPK35zE&eurl=

If you enjoyed reading about "michelle malkin wants to go to the range!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
El Tejon
October 13, 2006, 08:24 PM
Wow, thanks, I needed a recording for my new car alarm.:D

The tir stuff is at 6:05, until then it is just whining about Foley, and, of course, themselves [yeah, go figure, talking about themselves:rolleyes:].:D

MSgt B
October 14, 2006, 02:32 AM
C'mon guys. This is The High Road.

This post has been up for eight hours and no one has offered to take her to the range yet?

I'll take her. Tell her to give me a call, we'll use the public range at Chickahominy.

She can even fire an "assault rifle"

thexrayboy
October 14, 2006, 02:55 AM
Well if she ever decides to vist the Tahoe area of Nevada I'd be happy to take her to the range. Shhhh. Just don't let my wife know!

Monkeyleg
October 14, 2006, 03:10 AM
I'm married.

Capice?

Tim Burke
October 14, 2006, 11:09 AM
Your range must be different from mine.

tegemu
October 14, 2006, 11:10 AM
Monkeyleg, she's married too. I would consider it an honor to take the Lady to the range, unfortunately she lives in the Northwest and that's a tad of a trip from Fla.

woerm
October 14, 2006, 12:29 PM
If she ever gets to glitter gulch/furnace flats that is,

Have her pm me.

(don't tell SO, otoh they might get along fine, SO shoots better than I do.)

r

MarkDido
October 14, 2006, 02:40 PM
I'll only take Michelle to the range if I can take Ann Coulter too! :evil:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/markdido/anncoulter-1.jpg

invisibleman_007
October 14, 2006, 03:33 PM
Fine, as long as the rest of you let me take Mary Katharine Ham. :evil:

gunsmith
October 14, 2006, 05:09 PM
Is out to get Michelle, they treat her really unfair and yank her stuff off You tube.
She's been generally friendly to our cause, we should be friendly toward hers.

Eleven Mike
October 14, 2006, 09:49 PM
Malkin carries, doesn't she?

She's like Coulter, only smarter and better-looking. :)

The Lone Haranguer
October 14, 2006, 10:45 PM
A couple of years ago she personally replied to an e-mail I sent her. I thought that was pretty cool.

SoCalShooter
October 14, 2006, 11:27 PM
I'll take her to the range....:neener: (i wont go farther than that.)

CSA 357
October 14, 2006, 11:42 PM
she can go shootin with me any time:) :)

gunsmith
October 14, 2006, 11:44 PM
I am in love with her....

MarkDido
October 15, 2006, 08:52 AM
Fine, as long as the rest of you let me take Mary Katharine Ham.

OK, I googled her....she can come too!

DRZinn
October 15, 2006, 02:27 PM
to the THR shoot.

kd7nqb
October 15, 2006, 11:39 PM
I would take her to the Range and PAY. Even though she is worth far more than me. Also in regards to the comment that she is smarter than Ann, well that could be debated but certainly better looking.

Eleven Mike
October 16, 2006, 12:53 AM
Also in regards to the comment that she is smarter than Ann, well that could be debated but certainly better looking.You are a wise man.

Skibane
October 16, 2006, 03:07 AM
By most accounts, Michelle is one of the hardest-working true conservatives on the planet. Shooting with her would be an honor and a privilege.

nipprdog
October 16, 2006, 06:24 AM
OK, I googled her....she can come too!

pssssst, she's the one on the left in the video.;)

mons meg
October 16, 2006, 08:35 AM
....must....resist...bringing...up...Japanese...internment... :uhoh:

Eleven Mike
October 16, 2006, 09:21 AM
....must....resist...bringing...up...Japanese...internment...I haven't read Malkin's work on that subject, but I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt until I do. My reflex was to say she was wrong, but I do try to keep my mind open until I can examine an issue.

Hot brass
October 16, 2006, 09:36 AM
Hell I`ll take them to the range. .22`s to start with. What a bunch of lovley ladies.

Hobie
October 16, 2006, 02:38 PM
I'll take her to the range. She can contact me by e-mail and I'll meet her anywhere in the Shenandoah Valley. ;)

Eleven Mike
October 16, 2006, 03:36 PM
Ya know, sexist that I am, I don't think Michelle needs anyone to take her to the range. She has described herself as a "pistol-packin' mama," and I took that to mean that she carries a gun. So, she can probably take herself to the range.

Sorry if I spoiled anybody's fun.

dhoomonyou
October 16, 2006, 05:32 PM
She can Shoot my pistol ANYTIME.

mons meg
October 17, 2006, 09:35 AM
I haven't read Malkin's work on that subject, but I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt until I do. My reflex was to say she was wrong, but I do try to keep my mind open until I can examine an issue.

Hey, I'm all for hoping it was an intellectual "youthful indiscretion" and she's past all that now. :)

Eleven Mike
October 17, 2006, 09:39 AM
Mmmm, no meg, that's not what I meant.

hksw
October 17, 2006, 01:46 PM
Just curious meg, as I've not read it myself, what did she say specifically about the internment and what is your opinion (of her point of view)?

Eleven Mike
October 17, 2006, 01:58 PM
Malkin wrote a book that defended the government's decision to keep Japanese and Japanese-Americans in camps during WWII. Now will you take what I say or monmeg says at face value, or will you read the book and consider what Malkin has laid out in much greater detail and presumably with documentation?

cbsbyte
October 17, 2006, 02:06 PM
I will take her shooting if she is willing to hold the targets. :D

Eleven Mike
October 17, 2006, 02:11 PM
As long as Molly Ivins is holding my targets. :p

cbsbyte
October 17, 2006, 02:13 PM
As long as Molly Ivins is holding my targets.

Sounds like a deal. :neener:

liberalgunnut
October 19, 2006, 12:57 AM
I vote for Malkin holding the targets and Coulter holding her up.

Eleven Mike
October 19, 2006, 01:56 AM
I can understand someone who doesn't like Coulter or Ivins wanting them to hold targets. But for crying out loud, Michelle Malkin? You honestly can't think of something else she could help you with?

Or maybe you two aren't guys. My bad. :)

liberalgunnut
October 19, 2006, 12:39 PM
Malkin does nothing for me, I prefer good looking women with brains. My wife keeps me very happy. :D

TexasRifleman
October 19, 2006, 12:52 PM
OK, so I'll take up the discussion of her book "In Defense of Internment".

Yes I have read it, and yes it's controversial. Understand that Michelle Malkin (not her name, it's actually Maglalang) is Filipino and might have a bit of a slant against the Japanese because of their treatment of her ancestors.

The book gives some examples of Japanese-Americans helping their homeland (Japan) in different varieties. The point to remember about internment was that it was ordered to be put in place by Pres Roosevelt for 2 reasons.

1) The military commander of the West Coast asked for it, and
2) The public in general in California, Oregon, and Washington asked for it through their representatives, overwhelmingly by the way.

No internment was ordered in Hawaii even because no one there asked for it, it was never some "huge racist government plot" as the revisionists would have you believe. Was it wrong? Certainly. Was it a massive abuse by the Federal government? Not so much .

So her argument is that using the WWII internment of Japanese-Americans as an excuse NOT to racial profile Arabs and Muslims today in the post 9/11 world is a big mistake.

If you'd really read the book you would know that it's not so much about defending the internments as it is showing that they do not relate to the current day argument about racial profiling.

A quote from the author:

I was compelled to write this book after watching ethnic activists, historians, and politicians repeatedly play the World War II internment card after the September 11 attacks. The Bush Administration’s critics have equated every reasonable measure to interrogate, track, detain, and deport potential terrorists with the “racist” and “unjustified” World War II internment policies of President Roosevelt. To make amends for this “shameful blot” on our history, both Japanese-American and Arab/Muslim-American activists argue against any and all uses of race, ethnicity, nationality, and religion in shaping current homeland security policies. Misguided guilt about the past continues to hamper our ability to prevent future terrorist attacks.

And yes, I'd be more than happy to take her to the range any time.

Justin
October 19, 2006, 01:23 PM
Ooh, yay, saucy comments about who should be holding up targets and support for internment camps!

This thread is so totally High Road I can hardly stand it.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=29698&stc=1

If you enjoyed reading about "michelle malkin wants to go to the range!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!