Just gotta give Colt their due

PDA

Dr. Dickie
October 15, 2006, 06:10 AM
I picked up a used Colt Mustang (.380), as I was looking for a pocket pistol and I am a 1911 freak.
The pistol was in great shape overall; however, the person I bought it from had put an aftermarked slide stop on and the rear sight was broken (on one side).
Also, to get the thumb safety to go on, you had to "thumb" the hammer back past full cocked.
I sent the pistol to Colt (hoping they would fix the thumb safety under warrenty) figuring that I wanted the pistol back to factory specs (since I did not have a source for specs to fix it--I figured the sear may be damanged since the thumb safety behaved that way). I planned to look for a new slide stop and rear sight in the future, and expected to pay Colt for anything else the pistol need to be returned to factory specs (I requested that they return to factory specs if possible).
I got the pistol back, they replace the sear, replaced the hammer spring, replaced the rear sight, replaced the slide stop, and tuned the pistol.
And they charged me $0.00:what: . Nothing! It was all done under warrenty.
I have always been a huge Colt fan, but now I know what people mean when they tell me, "You're just paying for the name."
Yes, I am. I certainly am.

If you enjoyed reading about "Just gotta give Colt their due" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Onmilo
October 15, 2006, 11:32 AM
That is awesome.
The .380 Govt, and Mustangs have always had issues with the slide stops and safeties and it is good to know Colt is continuing to do repairs on these little pistols even now.

Peter M. Eick
October 15, 2006, 06:44 PM
As a gov 380 owner that is good news. For a while there (about 3 or 4 years ago) the service department basically told me I was on my own as they did not support the gun anymore.

Mac Attack
November 24, 2006, 06:08 PM
Dr. Dickie, check your PM's for a question on Colt Warranties.

Mac

Stevie-Ray
November 26, 2006, 01:56 AM
Great news. I certainly wish I could find one of those for the right price.:(

10-Ring
November 26, 2006, 02:53 AM
Well done! I think Colt is a fine manufacturer w/ a great history behind them. I have had nothing but great luck w/ the Colts I've owned & can say nothing bad vs. them!
Oh, CONGRATS on the Mustang! and thanks for sharing the c/s success story :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Just gotta give Colt their due" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!