Hello from Whump--

PDA

Whump
October 15, 2006, 09:37 AM
Hello all--I guess before I go to far I must "ask the question"--While being a "newbie" to muzzleloaders I need to know if "in-liners" are welcome here--I did register on a "loader site" a while back and was informed in a very polite way to "move on"--Just let me know, and thanks for letting me get this far-----

If you enjoyed reading about "Hello from Whump--" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
oneshooter
October 15, 2006, 11:02 AM
All are welcome here. Even the inliners, I will try my best to help you see the light and steer you toward the truth! Within a year you will be wearing the skins of dead animals, knapping the flints for your firelock, and drinking homebrew from the jug. WELCOME!!!!:evil: :D :D :D

Oneshooter
Livin in Texas

Whump
October 16, 2006, 12:31 AM
Hello oneshooter and thanks for the welcome--Hmmm, ya say I will be wearing skins and knapping flints soon huh?--Sounds like fun--BTW, I much prefer wytelitening to homebrew--;) --This place gonna be fun--:uhoh:

dwave
October 16, 2006, 12:43 AM
It is fun here, just don't drink the water. :cool:

sjohns
October 16, 2006, 01:42 AM
.. or sip anyone else's beer

carpettbaggerr
October 16, 2006, 02:29 AM
I'd pay to watch you shoot a muzzleloader while wearing those inline skates. :eek:

:neener:

Welcome to THR, Whump. :)

4v50 Gary
October 16, 2006, 02:55 AM
Personally, I don't care for in-lines but don't let that discourage you from discussing it here and you are most certainly welcome to discuss them as this forum was intended for the blackpowder enthusiast.

Whump
October 16, 2006, 08:12 AM
Thx all for the welcome--We have to be careful of the water down here too--Sometimes you have to push back the wiggletails at least twice before you can get a sip--:D --Humm, even if I was choking you would not give me even one lil sip before we go get us a sixpack?-:neener: --OK-I'm ready, got my skates on so how much you willing to pay?-:eek: --I do believe in "tradition" in life--I am an "oletimer" in many ways and cherish the "old ways"--I just decided to go BP partly because I hope to give myself a lil extra edge on hopefully filling my tag this year, but most importantly showing my sons and grandkids that BP is another "tradition" that they should learn about--I think its better to start simple (inline) then move on up from there--Actually, I learned of this forum during research on BP and I thought it was geared strickly toward BP--I was surprised to find out after getting registered that it is a "general" firearms, hunting, etc. forum--As a little side note, my sons and I are big time into firearms, from modern to our favorites including AK's, SKS, Mosin Nagants--What a small world it is--I will "cruise" around the forum a while in order to get the "feel" of things--I already realize that this forum has lots to offer and I feel "at home"--Looking forward to passing a good time here--Thx again-;)

Low Key
October 16, 2006, 12:51 PM
Welcome whump!

I started with and inline rifle myself, then moved on to revolver (1858 Remington) and now I find myself wanting a two band enfield! The longer you shoot BP the more interesting it becomes. I shoot my revolver at least a couple of times a week and it never gets boring or becomes "same ol' same ol'" :D

sundance44s
October 16, 2006, 01:26 PM
Yep i converted a inline shooter about a month ago , sold him a nice T/C Hawken ...and let him shoot my remmie one time and he ordered one the next day ... and now he is asking me where he can buy the skins of dead animals like i wear . :D

Whump
October 16, 2006, 01:33 PM
Whew!!--Sure am glad you folks took me in like this--Even tho I'm an "ole dawg" in lifes experiences, I'm a newbie to this here BP thing--I guess its time ta ask a question or two--My understanding is that Pyrodex pellets has one side that is actually a thin layer of true BP and should be placed next to the primer for ignition--Am I correct so far?--When I bought my "loader" I picked up Triple Seven pellets along with the 209 shotgun primers--Now my eyes have seen so much in life that they are very tired and sometimes blurry (a sip of wytelitening should correct that but "juice and guns" don't mix--Thats a rule here in south Louisiana) and for the best of me I cannot see no thin layer of BP on either end of the pellets--If it does not have the "layer", then I can only assume that the pellets can be inserted into the barrel either end for proper ignition--Is this correct?--I know I will get the right info. and advice from this community--Now, if'n any of you need to know something about an AK, SKS, or Mosin Nagant just ring my "telly-o-phone" and just like Lil Michael used to say "I'll be there"--Thx---

mec
October 16, 2006, 01:52 PM
"you have to push back the wiggletails "
Ever put one under a microscope? UUUUUGGGGGGLLLLLYYYY!

don't know if the pyrodex pellets have a layer of black powder or not. It would be a good idea though.

Low Key
October 16, 2006, 02:04 PM
hmmm.... don't know about the layer of BP on pyrodex pellets, been a long time since I used them. The 209 primers should be a very reliable ignition source for them though, (that's what I use in my rifle). I do suggest that after you have used up the pellets that you try loose powder, your gun may like an odd charge for the best accuracy like say 80gr, which you can't get with 50gr pellets. Pyrodex RS is what I use or you can go with FFG blackpowder or 777.

arcticap
October 16, 2006, 07:31 PM
It's near impossible that BP would be an ingredient in any kind of pellet since a special license is required to sell BP, it's an explosive. Whereas Pyrodex can be sold anywhere over the counter, is not considered an explosive or nearly as hazardous.
And BTW, inlines are not out-of-line here, hear! :D

Whump
October 16, 2006, 09:38 PM
Umm--Umm-Umm, I love this bar, err I mean forum:o ,yes I do----I'm so glad those guys on that other forum told me politely to "move on" when I mentioned "inline"--Off topic but have any of you realized yet that I like to "talk"?----I do appreciate all your input and advice-Thx-Whump (d'airitis):evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Hello from Whump--" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!