MA people and espec FFLs..what will you do if Patrick wins?

PDA

Manedwolf
October 15, 2006, 12:37 PM
Latest results at http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2006/governor/ma/massachusetts_governor_race-133.html

show Patrick with an unfortunate lead.

So...given that if he's elected, MA will likely be slammed by his promised ban on all private sales and his threatened one-gun-per-month limit on gun purchases, what will you do if he's elected?

I would think the latter would utterly destroy the profit margin for gun shops and drive them out of business?

What will you do?

If you enjoyed reading about "MA people and espec FFLs..what will you do if Patrick wins?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hqmhqm
October 15, 2006, 12:58 PM
I will do some kind of political organizing, much as I hate to.

I am unhappy with the laws here in MA, and dearly hope that Deval Patrick is not elected, based on his
ignorant positions on gun control.

Manedwolf
October 15, 2006, 01:01 PM
There's one fact I like to point out to people there who go on about MA being "free" and its history, but are anti.

Paul Revere carried a pocket pistol. It's on display in a museum. And the only people who considered him a criminal were British soldiers.

Today, he couldn't carry that, likely. How about someone doing research to demonstrate just how many (likely all) of MA's famous historic figures of the Revolution carried pistols on their person in everyday business?

Third_Rail
October 15, 2006, 01:04 PM
I love the area, I love MA, but for its laws.

My wife wouldn't be able to get an LTC (CCW) there, as she's a woman and the local PD doesn't issue them to women. Great.

Personally, I already had enough and left. Headed from CT to VT soon, because I've had enough of the laws here in CT, as well. Great area, but for the laws.

Hoppy590
October 15, 2006, 01:21 PM
well hopefully id only have to deal with 1 year ( untill i finish school) of him after wich im hoping to move north

cbsbyte
October 15, 2006, 05:03 PM
We will see who wins in Nov. But I for one will not be voting for either one, my vote is with Mihos.

News Shooter
October 15, 2006, 05:48 PM
Just vote for Patrick, it's the exact same vote. Thanks for helping us out

LkWinnipesaukee
October 15, 2006, 06:23 PM
Voting for Mihos is just as bad... +1

I'm only a sophomore in HS... so I have a few more years to go until I can get out of here to a college in the United States

Mr Weebles
October 15, 2006, 08:30 PM
I'm moving to New Hampshire in November due to a recent job change but one of my last acts as a Massachusetts resident will be to vote for Healey.

Part of me still thinks she can win this election, as more and more people realize how poor of a leader Patrick will be.

Unfortunately, the Eastern part of the state is extremely liberal and will see Patrick's election as vindication of their far-left viewpoint, so I think voter turnout will be huge. And when he's elected and along with the rest of the Dem controlled government passes more onerous restrictions on gun ownership, the crime rate will continue to rise. At no point will they realize that restrictions on law-abiding citizens have zero effect on out charming local thugs.

Happily, I will be ensconced in New Hampshire by then and will only have to view the fallout from afar.

glennv
October 15, 2006, 09:02 PM
Good luck with Patrick. He has a great scheme to raise taxes. He will kick back money to the towns and cities for lower property taxes, but he is also going to allow the cities and towns to develope all sorts of new tax avenues. Taxes on utilities and food services. Net gain to the consumer, ZERO.

Drop dead D.Patrick.

Hoppy590
October 15, 2006, 09:03 PM
personaly im still hoping for the MA schism. were everyone from western mass rises up and secede from boston :neener: cause if your from western MA you views are probibly less than ideal of boston and all the eastern MA crap. sure we still have our ninnys. but its not nearly as bad as eastern ma

FPrice
October 15, 2006, 09:07 PM
We will see who wins in Nov. But I for one will not be voting for either one, my vote is with Mihos.

Another case of a person voting their conscience and helping the worst candidate (Patrick) get elected.

gezzer
October 15, 2006, 10:10 PM
Vote with your FEET!! I did over 20 yrs ago and it was the best decision I ever made in my life. (Other than marrying my wife)

glennv
October 15, 2006, 10:34 PM
Vote with your FEET!! I did over 20 yrs ago and it was the best decision I ever made in my life. (Other than marrying my wife)

You guys in NH need to start patroling your own southern border. The city folk are settling in southern NH now. I have a few rental properties in nothern RI and I get tons of applicants from people who work in boston.

Manedwolf
October 15, 2006, 11:05 PM
Yes, the new condos going up in Nashua are being bought by "urban trendy" people who work in Boston, unfortunately. And having destroyed their own state with their typical voting, they'll do it all over again here. At least locally. What I'm waiting for is the inevitable, since those new condos are going up right on the edge of the low-income bit of Nashua that's had some Latin Kings incidents. Why they're putting them THERE before plowing that area, I have no idea. It needs serious urban renewal, lots of illegals being caught there. One of the Boston blissninnies will go off wandering for a coffeehouse and get mugged, and whine about guns. :rolleyes:

Which is why I live in Bedford instead of that far down. It's just a little too far for their commute. It's also unabashedly a town for professionals to live in, not "income diversity".

It's like an illness that spreads north slowly. But as for MA itself, I really fear for the state of the...state if Patrick gets elected. I can't see gun dealers surviving the one-per-month limit on selling, and with his plans for giving drivers' licenses and other benefits to illegals, they'll be flocking there from far and wide.

Think there's anything that can be done from within to cripple his efforts if he does make it into power?
Otherwise, all I can say is mobilize, quickly, get the word out to people as to what he will do, make sure everyone knows how to vote.

cbsbyte
October 15, 2006, 11:24 PM
I hate to brust anyones bubble but the whole state is liberal, including Western Mass, which BTW is the most Liberal area of the state according to the last several elections.

Mihos is the best candiate in the running. He is smart, articulate, and has a plan on how to run the state. Healey is a cold hearted you know what, who could win the election since she is a smart women, but has the personality of a wombat. Patrick to his credit has a personality but also no clue on how to run the state but he will win since he is much more personable than Healey. Healey is going to loose the election on her own, it will be know one elses fault. It basicaly was hers to loose from the start.

Mr Weebles
October 16, 2006, 04:17 PM
Which is why I live in Bedford instead of that far down.

Hmmm. I work in Bedford. Nice town.

gezzer
October 16, 2006, 09:14 PM
If my area had it's choice we would close the border MA border.

They are not called what they are for no reason. Most seem to contaminate wherever they move, with exception to this boards members who I am sure would fit in well in NH.

willbrink
October 20, 2006, 05:50 PM
"So...given that if he's elected, MA will likely be slammed by his promised ban on all private sales and his threatened one-gun-per-month limit on gun purchases, what will you do if he's elected?

Is there a source for that? I have not heard him say anything about his position on guns. Got a link or article? I would like to see where he stands. What's the position on guns from Healy? Seems to me it's a topic both are staying away from. Not that Dems would be any better, but the last batch of shi&% laws passed in MA were under Repub governer.

ProguninTN
October 20, 2006, 06:15 PM
I know your area and the problem very well. I hope you can defend against the influence from south of the border. I also hope I make it up there again some time soon.

The Deer Hunter
October 20, 2006, 06:19 PM
thirf rail;

its not illegal for a women in MA to have a CCW. Go back to the station and if they dont issue it contact GOAL.

Chipperman
October 20, 2006, 07:31 PM
From Deval Patrick's website:
Gun violence is on the rise in many of our cities today, and illegal gun trafficking from neighboring states is a big part of that problem. We need coordination and cooperation on both prosecution and prevention initiatives. Federal, state and local law enforcement from Massachusetts and neighboring states, community leaders, clergy, youth workers everyone has to be a part of the solution.

:barf:

He has a 7 point agenda:
1. Better federal, state, local coordination (translation, more gun laws)
2. Limit straw purchases (translation, one gun a month for anyone)
3. Close the loop holes in gun sales (translation, background checks for private sales)
4-7 are crap about community policing, youth programs, witness protection, etc.

You can see points 1-3 will bring about much more restrictive guns laws than we already have.

I'm glad Reilly lost the primary, but if Patrick gets in, we won't be much better off. :cuss:

LkWinnipesaukee
October 20, 2006, 07:31 PM
I will buy exactly one baby-killing gun per month.

You guys have no idea how much I would LOVE to live in NH.
"You want to go out back and shoot my AK? Check it out, I just sharpened the bayonet!"\

scurtis_34471
October 20, 2006, 07:57 PM
If I ever move back to New England, it will be back to New Hampshire. I love Boston and there are lots of really cool places in Massachusetts, but the taxes high and the laws are ridiculous. I know. I lived there for four years.

chonny
October 20, 2006, 10:43 PM
Gun-wise, Patrick winning won't effect me.

I'm going to suffer six more years until our youngest is out of public school and then we're zooming out of Mass. It's a nice state in many ways but politics-wise it sucks. New Zealand looks nice.

Patrick. :uhoh: Healey. :banghead:

cbsbyte
October 20, 2006, 11:41 PM
f I ever move back to New England, it will be back to New Hampshire. I love Boston and there are lots of really cool places in Massachusetts, but the taxes high and the laws are ridiculous.

I don't know where you have been looking but my local and state taxes combined in Mass are much less then most of Southern NH. Yes there are many eastern parts(around Boston and the Cape) of the state that have high taxes but the rest of the state is very reasonable. The Gun laws are not great but they are no where near California.

Erebus
October 21, 2006, 12:58 AM
I'm already looking into moving back to NH.

If you enjoyed reading about "MA people and espec FFLs..what will you do if Patrick wins?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!