Gun belt

PDA

Sisco
October 15, 2006, 08:28 PM
I am going to need a good belt for CCW but really don't see having to pay the $$$ the "famous makers" are charging for their goods. I mean come on, $60-$90 for a belt??
What is it that makes them so special, why couldn't I find something comparable for less money?

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun belt" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
VWTim
October 15, 2006, 09:06 PM
You can, RafterS makes a decent belt in the lower spectrum of your pricing. Or the real deal is an Aker B21, 1.5" double layer for ~$35 from www.galls.com I've had one for over a year and it's holding strong.

Mac Attack
October 15, 2006, 09:58 PM
Learn from other peoples mistakes and go with a good well made belt from a holster maker. I thought the same thing you do, 'Why spend $75+ on a belt when a $20 belt would do?' I tried every type of belt out there including Rafters, Synthetic with liner, Instructors, 1.5" Leather...etc and spent a fortune doing it. All the belts I tried no matter how thick or firm caused my IWB CCW to droop to one side. Out of frustration I ordered a custom belt from Milt Sparks for $80 (?) and was amazed at how much of a difference a custom belt made. If I could go back in time I would have coughed up the cash for a Milt Sparks belt from the get go.

People send so much money on their firearm then invest in a off the shelf holster and off the rack belt. What I learned over time is that one's carry rig is just as important as their choice of firearm.

modifiedbrowning
October 15, 2006, 10:21 PM
I have been very happy with my Rafter S belt. Highly recommended especially for the price.

stevelyn
October 16, 2006, 12:09 PM
I'm into nylon. I have The Wilderness Instructor belt.

aguyindallas
October 16, 2006, 07:38 PM
I am another recent and huge fan of the Wilderness Instructor Belt. I got the 5 stitch, without the stiffener and it does VERY well. Its by first real "gun belt" and I wonder what the heck I was doing all this time without it. ROCK SOLID!

Sisco
October 16, 2006, 08:16 PM
What about Blackhawk products, any good?

TechBrute
October 17, 2006, 12:28 AM
We might be able to help more if we know what kind of belt you want. Are you looking for a casual or dress belt? Leather or something else? Do you have a color in mind?

Sisco
October 17, 2006, 02:08 PM
We might be able to help more if we know what kind of belt you want. Are you looking for a casual or dress belt? Leather or something else? Do you have a color in mind?

Casual, brown, leather.

TechBrute
October 17, 2006, 02:32 PM
I'm not the first person to suggest it, but Rafter S is what I'd get. It's around $50 for a belt, but it will definately last.

islandphish
October 18, 2006, 02:35 AM
I went with the 1.5" Don Hume single ply gun belt. It is made of pretty heavy leather and is very nice. It was also reasonably priced compared to the other big name makers.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun belt" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!