No fun shooting today

PDA

Ditchtiger
October 15, 2006, 08:20 PM
Any day shooting is better than not shooting at all but today was close to braking even. Re-hurt my bad back Tuesday, then a couple more times later in the week. Didn't care, needed to get out and shoot for stress relief. First off, get guns & ammo ready, go out to car and find out it's raining. Change plans, go into house and drink a cup of coffee. 15 min. later I think,( alright, it's Oregon, winter's coming , get used to the rain). Load my stuff up anyway and it stops raining, high point of the day as it turns out. First up, the Mosin. Brought 400+ rounds but after 11 stripper clips my back said no-no. That was short, usually fire 250 minimum. Also the day before one my ferrets took a good chew on my nose, (has never bit before). With my back hurting I wasn't holding the rifle as I should have and my right thumb hit my nose on a couple of recoils, breaking open ferret wounds, (they have nasty sharp teeth), sending blood everywhere. Next was the 625, I had 120 moon clips loaded to go. Funny, but after the M44, a .45acp round seems to have no recoil. Used 16 moon-clips and shot well enough but the hurt was still there. It has only been 20 min. since I started shooting and I stopped. My range time lasts 2 or 3 hours on average, this was the shortest ever! The worst part was all the brass I found at the range and I couldn't bend over to pick it up. Oh-well, it all evens out. Saturday I found a Ben Franklin in my wallet I had stashed and forgot. So it's Sunday evening, I'm a little sore but a $100 richer. How did you fellows do?

If you enjoyed reading about "No fun shooting today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
garyk/nm
October 15, 2006, 08:40 PM
Dang, DT, I didn't even go shooting this weekend and it sounds like I did better than you.
Go have the libation of your choice and write it off as "one of those days".

lionking
October 15, 2006, 09:04 PM
today was a sleep and loath like a sloth day,which I consider good cause I needed it.

What sucks the most is when you take out a Garand and forget clips,done that a couple times.Or when out in the middle of nowhere your car breaks down,happened a couple times.

ah but one thing about winter coming up for me tehehe:neener: ....is while some of you will be shoveling snow Ill be in cool Florida weather,sunny skies and wearing shorts.

modifiedbrowning
October 15, 2006, 09:11 PM
I went out Saturday and had a great day. Beautiful sunny day, about 65 degrees. I started out with my new Firestorm Mini 9 Stainless, 300 rnds through it now with no malfs.
Then I shot my FAL and RRA/Bushy AR and exploded some water jugs.
I laughed, I cried, it was much better than Cats.:D

10-Ring
October 15, 2006, 11:52 PM
Still better than me, IMO, I didn't make it to the range at all :(

If you enjoyed reading about "No fun shooting today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!