(IL) ISRA-PVF: Blagojevich resign!

PDA

Blaster
October 15, 2006, 10:17 PM
Link to Article (http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=74346)

In light of the growing funding scandal within his campaign organization, the ISRA-PVF is calling upon Gov. Blagojevich to withdraw his bid for reelection and step down as the state's chief executive.

"Rod Blagojevich continues to be an embarrassment to the people of Illinois," commented ISRA-PVF spokesman, Richard Pearson. "Throughout his political career, he has repaid the public's trust by treating elected office like some sort of never-ending frat party. His undistinguished tenure in the Illinois General Assembly was followed by an equally unremarkable stint in the U.S. House of Representatives. Well known for his slacking, Blagojevich only managed to show up for half the votes that came before him in Congress. As governor, Blagojevich's service to the people of Illinois has been hindered by a short leash that has kept him close to home. For the past three years, Blagojevich has grinned in the faces of the Illinois citizenry, telling us that his is the 'cleanest' administration Illinois has ever had. Despite these assertions, daily revelations of campaign finance irregularities, graft and kickbacks make George Ryan look like a boy scout by comparison. It's time for this charade to end. It's time for Blagojevich to make a hasty exit from the public spotlight."

"Blagojevich's fate is pretty much sealed," continued Pearson. "It's just a matter of time before the U.S. Attorney pins a tail on this donkey. Resignation is Blagojevich's one hope of preserving a shred of dignity for himself, his family, and the Democratic Party. If he stays in the race and loses, he'll feel the double sting of defeat and indictment. If he stays in the race and wins, he will suffer the distinction of being a governor who was indicted in office -- yet another embarrassment to the people of Illinois."

If you enjoyed reading about "(IL) ISRA-PVF: Blagojevich resign!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
eastwood44mag
October 15, 2006, 11:11 PM
I doubt it will happen, but I would love to see it.

sctman800
October 16, 2006, 12:29 AM
I am just glad the ISRA is getting more involved. Jim.

SaintofKillers
October 16, 2006, 02:27 PM
This past year I had finally had enough of Illinois and the culture of corruption. My advice is to move out of the state, things are not going to change no matter how many indictments are handed down. There will always be another *hitcago political hack to take up the slack.

And the people will keep electing them.

Deanimator
October 16, 2006, 03:35 PM
And the people will keep electing them.

Blagojevich could be revealed as the single individual behind the genocide in Darfur, and Chicagoans would only ask how many state jobs he's given out...

Don Gwinn
October 16, 2006, 09:50 PM
People are just barely starting to wake up. I'm glad the PVF has decided to say something . . . finally . . . . but it's just piling on.

I haven't gotten to see it yet, but apparently John Kass wrote a good column in the Chicago Tribune today about the new theories that Bill Cellini is "Government Official A" in the Rezko indictment. That would mean that Cellini, one of the biggest power brokers in the Republican party, was a big part of Blagojevich's fund raising and favor-trading, and that there's an old-fashioned political combine playing a rigged game with Illinois politics.

Well, OK, everybody already knows that.

But what this would also mean is that U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald can PROVE that it's going on and that crimes are being committed.

FTF
October 16, 2006, 09:56 PM
Blagojevich only managed to show up for half the votes that came before him in Congress

My representative, much like this fella, has one of the lowest voting records in Congress... why would you even take this job if you didn't intend to vote (I know, they are crooks), but what an opportunity to squander!

River Wraith
October 16, 2006, 10:26 PM
Typical liberal.

anotherinkling
October 16, 2006, 11:06 PM
Blagojevich out? But he's Santa Claus!

Autolycus
October 17, 2006, 07:47 AM
River Wraith it has nothing to do with him being a liberal.

The majority of Illinois politicians are like this. They just dont care. As long as the money is getting to them and their cronies they really could care less. The entire country of Luxemborg could invade us and they would not give a damn as long as their jobs were secure and they got their paychecks.

I would love to see him resign but I do not think he will. I will probably vote for Topinka myself but I want to vote my heart and vote Libertarian. However I think this could be an important race for gun owners and may vote Topinka.

Either way I am hoping that Blago does not get reelected.

lee n. field
October 17, 2006, 08:41 AM
I would love to see him resign but I do not think he will. I will probably vote for Topinka myself but I want to vote my heart and vote Libertarian. However I think this could be an important race for gun owners and may vote Topinka.

Ditto. <sigh>. I'm unenthused about JBT. I'm told the L.'s don't even have a candidate for gov. this year.

I'm seeing way too many Blago yard signs, out in the boonies.

Tom Bri
October 17, 2006, 09:41 PM
And few Topinka signs, even in yards with lots of other Repub signs. Tells you something, either she is unpopular with other republicans, or just not organized enough to get signs out. Either way not a good sign.

I suppose I will vote for her. I am a Realtor, and Rod spent his term trying to steal our license fees for his little projects. I think he has been sued twice by the Realtors Association.

Autolycus
October 18, 2006, 06:01 PM
I wonder what is going to happen. I noticed that I really havent seen any support for Topinka myself. Everyone who I thought would support her feels that she is just another member of the Daley Machine, she just happens to have an R next to her name. I think that she will be better for us than Blago. My friend is voting for Blago because he wants Topinka to not get elected so next election we have someone better.

If you enjoyed reading about "(IL) ISRA-PVF: Blagojevich resign!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!