CHEAP MAGAZINES

PDA

scottw
October 17, 2006, 10:43 PM
I found a source for cheap magazines for guns such a Bersa. These people have lots of good stuff.
www.promagindustries.com

If you enjoyed reading about "CHEAP MAGAZINES" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gary G23
October 17, 2006, 10:44 PM
Promags are definitely "cheap magazines".

10-Ring
October 17, 2006, 10:47 PM
We all go through alot to make sure we get reliable guns, why go out looking for problems? :scrutiny:

scottw
October 17, 2006, 10:52 PM
I had no idea they were bad. I saw them at Academy and had heard that Bersa mags were $50.00 ea., these were $17.00. If there is a problem please post them so someone does not make a mistake.

SouthpawShootr
October 17, 2006, 11:12 PM
They're not necessarily all bad. I have a few that work. Most of those ones I've had could not be trusted or I had to rebuild them (new springs, followers - kind of negated the savings). About the only aftermarket mag I'd trust would be Mec-Gar, but then again, they supply many of the manufacturers.

hso
October 17, 2006, 11:43 PM
Promag produces low quality unrelaible magazines.

MadMercS55
October 18, 2006, 12:26 AM
I've only encountered 2 reliable promags, both for a Beretta 92FS. That was out of 12 that we tried at the time. Aside from that, every single Promag I've tried has produced malfunctions. I would not trust them in any way. What model Bersa do you have? Here, Bersa .380 magazines are around $20-25 for factory ones. You should be able to locate extra mags for your model online for cheaper than $50.

44shooter
October 18, 2006, 01:43 AM
You get what you pay for !

Number 6
October 18, 2006, 05:22 AM
I have some promags for my Sig 226 that I bought a long time ago. Of the four that I bought, 2 of them had problems. Both would lock the slide back with one round left in the magazine. Once I replaced the followers with factory sig followers, they were reliable. Generally speaking they are not the best mags and tend to have problems, but that does not mean that every one of them is unreliable.

JJ Hiryuu
October 18, 2006, 05:29 AM
Promag magazines are actually better than the complete garbage factory magazines that my Bersa Thunder 380 came with. The factory mags will not make it through two full magazines without having a malfunction, regardless of what ammo I've tried. The Promags function perfectly.

Pretty much every other Promag I have tried for any other model gun has been so-so at best, so they are a bit of a crapshoot.

lee n. field
October 18, 2006, 08:39 AM
I had no idea they were bad. I saw them at Academy and had heard that Bersa mags were $50.00 ea., these were $17.00. If there is a problem please post them so someone does not make a mistake.

Try one, it can't hurt. What, you've never wasted $17 before?

I've had good luck mostly with ProMag mini-14 full capacity magazines. Less good with one that I bought for my CZ-100.

Manedwolf
October 18, 2006, 09:07 AM
IMO, Promag = FTF jam-o-matic. :barf:

Spend the extra couple of bucks...and it is only a couple of bucks...and get the Mec-Gars. I think you'd be happier. You can find them cheap on many sellers, and even on eBay...look for coded-listing high-caps with a listing like "seven more than factory". :D

symr00
October 18, 2006, 09:15 AM
Beware of Promags. They do offer a lifetime guarantee but I have sent mine back twice because they would cause my P12 to jam and they would lock the slide back after the 5th round but not when empty. After the 2nd time, I just requested my money back. Don't get me wrong, their customer service was great but they need more experience in designing magazines. I'm sure not all their magazines are like this but why take the chance. You do get what you pay for and the magazine is the weakest link in any handgun. Buy quality, they will last a lifetime.

clone
October 18, 2006, 03:11 PM
i bought 3 promag's for my Bersa 380 and none of them worked without jaming every few rounds. the factory mag works fine. IMHO, id stay away from promag's.

bb21
October 18, 2006, 04:40 PM
I bought one for my Baby Eagle, the "CZ-75" 15 rd. I have had no problems whatsoever. Sounds like there are many who haven't been so fortunate. If you are set on them you can get them at Natchez Shooting supply for fairly cheap. Thats [URL="http://natchezss.com"][/URL} (http://natchezss.com)you can also find factory mags for good deals too.

History Prof
October 18, 2006, 04:42 PM
Maybe some of their mags are cheaper than factory, but their XD mags are almost 1.5 times MORE than factory! Are they idiots, or what?:eek:

See www.xdpistols.com for comparison....

$35 for a promag from promag
$25 for an XD Factory Mag from XDPistols.com
$21 for a promag from XDPistols.com - Sheeesh!

BlkHawk73
October 18, 2006, 06:36 PM
In my opinion, if you can afford the gun, you should be able to afford factory mgazines and not simply settle on this cheap fodder. :neener: I've NEVER heard of anything really good about the promag stuff other than "it was cheap". Well yeah! You get what you pay for! :banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "CHEAP MAGAZINES" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!