Anyone else have multiple CCW firearms?

PDA

PlayboyPenguin
October 18, 2006, 03:34 AM
Does anyone else have multiple weapons that they use for CCW or do you prefer to stick to just one. I have found myself with different weapons for different types of dress and different situation.

I have a black OWB holster for my PPK when I am wearing a black belt casual dress.

I have a brown OWB holster for my MK40 for when I am wearing a brown belt casual dress.

I have IWB for both for when I am dressed up a little more and cannot wear as baggy a shirt or need to cover with just a light jacket or sports coat. (.380 for just around town..the .40S&W if I feel I will be out late in the city)

I have ordered a black OWB holster for my Seecamp to go with a lightweight suit in the summer. (theater and dinner type activities)

I have a brown OWB for my Taurus 731 for when I am really dressed down and feel like carrying a revolver and an IWB one for is I am dressed a little nicer.

For when I am dressed to go out and have little option for concealment I have an IWB holster for my .32acp Seecamp and just bought the same for my new .380 NAA Guardian.

I am also thinking of getting a wallet holster for my Seecamp for when I cannot hide a firearm on me when we go out in the summer. Right now my only option if I cannot have one on my upper body is an ankle holster for my NAA mini .22mag revolver.

This means a lot more time at the range to stay proficent with all five firearms but I am willing to make that sacrafice.

Does anyone else do this or is it kind of gay? :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone else have multiple CCW firearms?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
grimjaw
October 18, 2006, 03:36 AM
I prefer just one, or at least one operating system for all pieces (all DA/SA, all DA, etc).

jm

Autolycus
October 18, 2006, 05:22 AM
I have an HK P2000 and an HK P2000sk. I like the same system and the ability to carry larger mags if necessary. The size difference in these two guns is not that great but I dont care. :neener:

Standing Wolf
October 18, 2006, 09:07 AM
Two or thee. Well, no, make that three or four. Well, actually, it's probably more like four or five or six, depending whether I'm carrying concealed, openly, or undecided.

MikeB
October 18, 2006, 09:15 AM
CCW'able I have more than I have fingers and toes to count. In reality I probably only carry 2 or 3 different guns on a regular basis. When I do switch it is usually for an extended period of time. In other words normally not a different one each day, but one I'll carry for a few months and then switch to a different one for a few months. Usually having to do with the amount of clothing I'm wearing so sorta seasonal changes.

1911Tuner
October 18, 2006, 09:24 AM
I have several...all 1911s and all basically the same configuration, right down to the grips...as are all my range beaters. If I have to reach for it, I want it to feel like shakin' hands with an old friend.

Legionnaire
October 18, 2006, 09:29 AM
Yes. Different actions (revolvers and semi-autos) and different sizes (from NAA Mini to GP100, Kel-Tec P32 to Glock 23). I like to have options depending on the situation. Have even been known to carry more than one at a time.

geekWithA.45
October 18, 2006, 09:49 AM
Yup.

I've got about 4 that I've carried, but mostly it comes down to my main two: A sig P245 for IWB carry, and when deeper concealment is socially indicated, a .38 snub, which rides in Thunderware.

usp9
October 18, 2006, 09:52 AM
I have two carry weapons, a Seecamp and a Sig P232. Both are DA, without a safety. With either I just have to practice "draw and shoot". Keeps things simple. I wear both OWB usually and the Seecamp in a pocket holster when appropriate. A Seecamp OWB is about the closest thing to weightless as it gets and at about 17 oz the Sig isn't far behind.

aguyindallas
October 18, 2006, 09:58 AM
My main CCW items are some sort of Glock, usually a G23 or my J-frame 642. I have several Glocks in my carry rotation per se but my G23 and G26 get the most time out of the safe. It depends on my dress style for the day. My J-frame is my "always" gun. Its good enough to go everywhere its legal due to size and weight.

jesse485
October 18, 2006, 10:07 AM
It doesn't bother me to have different action systems for my carry guns. My Glock and Taurus snub are similar in trigger action as the pull is always the same (although a DAO revolver is obviously heavier). My Makarov is a little different, as it has a safety, and is DA/SA. Come to think of it, the Glock is similar to that because of the trigger reset (pull weight is still the same though).

The only stipulation I would put on carry guns is no "backwards" safety. The Mak is one of the few DA/SA guns that has a safety that is down to fire. Nothing against them, but I don't think I would carry Beretta or S&W autos because of this.

Zen21Tao
October 18, 2006, 10:46 AM
Yes.

1. Sig P239 - My first IWB gun was a Sig P239 .40S&W that I carried IWB in a K&D leather holster. The Sig P239 was a great carry gun but has collectible value (bar coded DHS gun) so I looked for something different (See #3)

2. AMT Backup - For days when I didn't want to carry IWB I had an AMT Backup .45acp to use as a pocket pistol.

3. Glock 29 10mm - I bought a Glock 29 10mm to replace my Sig P239. I carry it IWB in a Comp Tec CTAC. It is a powerhouse of gun in a relatively small package. However, it can get to be rather bulky (compared to my single stack P239). It is great for carry with jeans and long shirt.

3. Glock 27 .40 S&W - For days when I dress ligher I have a Glock 27 .40S&W that I also carry IWB in a CTAC. It is noticably smaller than the G29 and a little more comfortable. It's draw back is that it is also a double stack.

4. Sig P245 .45 ACP - I missed carring my Sig so I added a Sig 245 .45ACP to my CCW collection. I also carry it IWB (in fact it uses same holster as my P239). Like the P239 it is a single stack pistol which makes it more comfortable on my side and less printy than a double stack.

5. Taurus 850 .38spl - Around that same time I picked up my Sig 245 I bought a Taurus 850 38spl to use as an alternative the AMT. The 5 .38spl rounds were definitely a step down from the 5+1 rounds of .45 acp but the Taurus was noticably lighter.

6. Kahr PM 40 - About a month ago I bought a Kahr PM 40 .40S&W as yet another pocket carry option. It is a great pocket pistol. It is lighet than either the AMT or Taurus, more compact and comfortable and has 5+1 rounds or .40S&W. Currently it has a problem feeding ammo reliable so I sent it back to the factory. If it comes back and works flawlessly it will, im my opinion, be the perfect pocket pistol.

* Of all these mentioned above I just traded in the AMT and Taurus towards an HK91 but I still have and use the rest.

** I should also mention that I have a Stainless Para Ordnance Tac-4 LDA .45acp that would make a great carry gun if I choose to get a holster for it.

Big Calhoun
October 18, 2006, 11:06 AM
Out of 5, I consider 3 ccw-capable. A Kimber Ultra Carry II was my first choice. That spot has now been replaced by a P2000 SK. My Beretta 96FS is also doable for concealed carry but not my first choice. It's easier to pull off in the winter.

I have a USP fullsize that I hope to be trading for a USP compact soon and bring that count up a li'l bit.

Deanimator
October 18, 2006, 11:08 AM
Does anyone else have multiple weapons that they use for CCW or do you prefer to stick to just one. I have found myself with different weapons for different types of dress and different situation.

I've got a 3" S&W Model 65. I just ordered a Glock 23. I plan to swap them as I see fit.

Billy_H
October 18, 2006, 12:07 PM
I stick with one, my Walther P99c. Although there is a little pocket pistol around here somewhere should I need to be able to do that.

I train a lot with the Walther and can operate the controls on it without having to really think about it. A while back I took another pistol out and tried to induce some stress and work on mag changes, jams, etc. and found myself fumbling with a pistol I've owned and shot for years...I kept trying to reach for the Walther controls. That pretty much sealed the deal for me.

I've seen a lot of people talk about training and muscle memory, etc...to me carrying a huge variety of different platforms (unless switching for long periods of time with some time to refresh with that pistol) just goes against all that. Now, thats not to say I won't carry the fullsize P99 when I eventually pick one up...but it won't be an issue with worring about where the controls are, etc. Like 1911Tuner said...I'd want things as similiar as possible, just one less thing to worry about.

Phil DeGraves
October 18, 2006, 12:08 PM
Yes. I always carry two or three.

real_name
October 18, 2006, 12:16 PM
One presently.
I carry a Taurus 24/7 .40 caliber on a daily basis. As I do a variety of construction work I need to carry a gun that I don't mind if it gets a little dinged up. I give it a wipe down at night and clean it if I get excessive dust on it. I shoot it about every two weeks, but I did put about 2000 rounds through it before carrying it. I feel more than comfortable wearing this gun. I'm a tall guy.
I did carry a Para Ordnance Tac Four for a month, I wasn't totally happy wearing it on the job though as it's 'purty' and then it started messing up at the range and had to have new mag sprins and then go in for adjustment. I don't trust it now.
I do like having a choice though and am currently considring a Sig or HK, once I finalise what it is exactly I want from the gun. I suppose it will be a 9mm compact for IWB.

citizen
October 18, 2006, 12:34 PM
God Bless America, and especially Nevada........locally, I know people carrying multiple CCWs cause locally each can only "list" six. That's right; some of us have more than 6 on a CCW (CFP). Myself ?? Well, let me see........:rolleyes:

rich52us
October 18, 2006, 12:39 PM
I prefer to carry IW. My primary carry is my Glock 30. When IW isn't an option, I carry my Kel-Tec P-11 in the fron pocket of Docker style pants, or shorts. If more discretion is necessary, or smaller pockets, I carry my Kel-Tek P3AT. I also carry the P3AT as a BUG.

MachIVshooter
October 18, 2006, 01:21 PM
I have four. Most of the time, it is my Witness compact 10mm. When it is a bit warm for a vest or jacket, Ruger SP-101 .32 H&R mag. Shirt tucked in and no overgarments, Kel-Tec P3AT or an NAA mini .22 Mag with folding grip.

carnaby
October 18, 2006, 01:24 PM
Full size 1911 when I can, Bersa "Thunder" .380 when I can't. :D

MyRoad
October 18, 2006, 01:30 PM
I really, really, really, wanted to have just one carry gun and carry it all the time. But life just doesn't seem to work out that way.

I have narrowed it down to one MOA, that I'll call "consistent trigger pull", and these include: PM9, K40, G32, M40-A1, USPC45LEM. At this point, for the most part in the summer I carry the PM9 in my pocket, and in the winter I carry the USPC IWB. The Glock is for camping/hiking/working. Of all of them, I'm most accurate with the M40, but the USPC is the only one that has NEVER failed to fire/feed.

hexidismal
October 18, 2006, 01:36 PM
Full size 1911 when I can, Bersa "Thunder" .380 when I can't.
Ditto, exept my .45 is a Ruger P345

arthurcw
October 18, 2006, 01:51 PM
Yes several, but all in the similar actions. They are all DA or DAO so no matter what I carry all I have to remember is:
1)Point
2)Bang
3)Repeat as necessary.

Chuck R.
October 18, 2006, 01:54 PM
I own 14 handguns, but for CCW I only use two; a Les Baer “Stinger” 1911 and a Sig 230 for when it’s too hot to conceal the 1911.

I’d prefer to stick with the Baer, but there’s times and places where it’s just easier to hide the 230.

Chuck

romma
October 18, 2006, 02:50 PM
Keltec P-32 Kahr PM9 and my Walther PPK/S That is being repaired right now... I choose my carry gun for the day by how I am dressing, or by what situations I may put myself in on any given day. I am looking at picking up a P3AT really soon.

3fgburner
October 18, 2006, 02:53 PM
Day-to-day is a FEG PA63 (http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot26.htm), with an NAA Black Widow (http://www.naaminis.com/17bwmm.html) as a BUG. If I'm being political, hanging out with VCDL (http://www.vcdl.org), it's the RIA 1911 (http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg04-e.htm).

My first (and still used sometimes) CCW gun was a Baikal (commercial Russian) Makarov (http://www.makarov.com). In 9x18, I've also carried my CZ82 (http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg26-e.htm) and Polish P64 (http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg142-e.htm).

The one time that I've gotten out to shoot IDPA (http://www.idpa.com/), I wound up making a somewhat odd choice. 9x18 isn't usable in IDPA except in BUG matches. 9x19 is the minimum caliber for standard guns. I decided to try shooting IDPA after getting the 1911, which makes power floor. However, all of my habitual-carry guns are DA/SA. I don't CCW cocked-and-locked enough to be happy with doing action shooting that way. Then, I had a "D'oh! V8!" moment. I'd gotten a Walther P1 (http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg68-e.htm) a few months before. Shot the match with a pre-WWII German pistol design...

Anyway, shooting a gun in IDPA means you have to be able to CCW that gun. So, if I'm going to shoot the Walther, I'll include a mag full of Hydrashoks in with the ball loads, for CCW after the match.

Hm... Maybe I DO have enough guns. For the moment. :D

pharmer
October 18, 2006, 02:56 PM
Yes; 6906 IWB, 96%, S&W Model 60 3.9%, Davis O/U .22mag derringer .1% of the time. Joe

lwrnc1963
October 18, 2006, 03:11 PM
I have 4 that I've been known to carry on my ccw. In warmer weather I'll carry my S&W mod. 10 2" either in my front pants pocket or in a Galco high ride holster with my shirt tail out. My SA mil-spec 1911-A1 I carry in either a Bianchi paddle or IWB. My 3 1/4" S&W mod. 1917 rides in a Galco belt holster or in the pocket of my old field jacket in colder weather.Yeah it's a little heavy for a pocket gun but it works. Now for the oddball, I'll also when the mood strikes carry my Webley MKII loaded with swc auto-rims in my field jacket pocket.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/lwrnc1963/DSC00461.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/lwrnc1963/DSC00463.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/lwrnc1963/DSC00449.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/lwrnc1963/DSC00460.jpg

EddieCoyle
October 18, 2006, 03:47 PM
I used to carry different guns for different dress/times of year but I've settled on one that I think is ideal: A Glock 29. I carry 10+1 in the gun, with a 15 round back up magazine. A small, light gun with 25 rounds of 10mm - it just doesn't get much better.

Steve 48
October 18, 2006, 03:52 PM
I own 20 handguns in which all but 5 could be considered for CCW. I have a 642, 640, M66 2 1/2, M13 3 and 4 inch, 629 3 inch, 629 Mountain Gun, Keltec P3AT, PPKS 380, 5906, 3913, Glock 27/35,Full size Springfield 45 and a Springfield Micro Compact. I have concealment holsters for them all and interchange them. The others are a 22A, 22/45, Blackhawk Hunter in 44 mag, 686 in 6 inch Hunter model and a Taurus 454. Steve 48

VHinch
October 18, 2006, 04:12 PM
Typically all 1911's either full sized or officers sized, but I do at times carry just a j frame when that's all I can conceal.

V

mpmarty
October 18, 2006, 04:32 PM
Mostly one gun only, a Taurus PT145 in an IWB or in a belly bag. I'd like to pack my Witness full size 10MM but it's just too darn big and heavy. Once when the Taurus was at the smiths for Trijicons I used my PA63 with cor-bons.

denfoote
October 18, 2006, 05:15 PM
What carpenter goes to work with only one hammer??
What mechanic hits the garage with only one wrench???
What cook would bother reporting to a kitchen that had only one pot or one stove??

Hence, I have different handguns for different applications. :scrutiny:

Of course, which specific gun goes into which pidgonhole is classified!!! ;)

Thefabulousfink
October 18, 2006, 05:32 PM
CCW, List???

I live in a Free State where my CCW protects my right to carry any pistol I want. There is no "list" invovled.

Anyways, I have CCW with almost every pistol I own (even my Webley). The only exceptions are my Colt woodsman .22lr and my Traditions BP .50.

I normally stick with my S&W J-frame for all day carry and warmer weather, but I also like to carry my Baby Eagle .40 in the winter.

Anna's Dad
October 18, 2006, 05:41 PM
In Florida, its pretty much always summer :)

I always carry a .32 in a pocket holster--I find IWB and OWB too difficult as I'm pretty much in shorts and a t-shirt every day.

I'm interested in the Skyy MPX-9 when (and if) its ever released as that might allow me to step up to 9mm. I still don't think I'd have more than one, though, the MPX-9 would just replace the P-32 that I have now.

QuarterBoreGunner
October 18, 2006, 06:59 PM
Ah yeah, well interestingly enough the CCW paperwork for Cali requires you to list the exact make, model, caliber and sn# of each firearm (up to four total) that you're going to be carrying. You must pass the range qual with those exact firearms as well. Get made carrying anything except those firearms and it's grounds for revocation of the CCW.

And before the Cali bashing starts, let me just say, that yes, I know this sucks, so please keep it to yourselves.

Oh yeah it'd be nice to carry something different for ever application and situation, but honestly, I carry only two: a plain jane G30 .45 and an Airweight S&W .38. I figure that I have pretty much all my bases covered with those two.

And the way I look at it, these are the two guns I train with all the time. I know the way they work and can pretty much call the point of impact with their preferred ammo all day and night. I *know* these guns inside and out.
What's the old saying? "Beware the man that carries one gun, he probably knows how to use it" Something like that anyway.

White Horseradish
October 18, 2006, 07:04 PM
Hmm... I have been told that holsters to men are what shoes are to women - you can't have too many and they should match the outfit. :neener:

Of course, it was a woman that said that...

Mannlicher
October 18, 2006, 07:10 PM
of course I have more than one. Or two. Or Three.............

and of course, accessories and leather for each of them. My wife sometimes chides me, saying that my handguns have more 'outfits' than I do. :)

PlayboyPenguin
October 18, 2006, 07:33 PM
I have CCW with almost every pistol I own
Unless they allowed open carry everywhere here, and I did not mind being weighted down, I could not carry every handgun I own. My .44mag Ruger Super Blackhawk with the 7.5" barrel would be a chore to haul around.

OhioPaints
October 18, 2006, 07:33 PM
I've pretty much settled down to just one, a compact 1911. Since it requires the safety to be on, I don't want to switch around to other guns without a safety.

On rare occassions, I will carry a 5 shot 3" 357. It conceals a bit better.

Ken

PlayboyPenguin
October 18, 2006, 07:35 PM
Add another to my list.

I broke down and bought my first S&W today. I bought an Airweight 637-2 .38spl+P revolver today.

The best part is it fits all the same holsters as my Taurus 731 .32 H&R Mag so I do not even have t buy a new holster. :)

Katana8869
October 18, 2006, 09:18 PM
I really, really, really, wanted to have just one carry gun and carry it all the time. But life just doesn't seem to work out that way.

+1. I love all of my pistols so they all get carried at various times. Plus different situations sometimes call for different sizes and configurations. My Glock G26 gets alot of carry time because it's easy to conceal in Florida attire. Sometimes I carry my G19 if I feel like wearing a cover garment or I stick it in a fanny pack if I am out on the kayak.

Lately I have been carrying my PT145 because it is new, conceals as easily as the G26 and I'm kind of a .45 snob at heart :D

I have owned over 30 handguns at one time or another along with numerous rifles and shotguns, but last year I sold off all of the safe queens and kept only what I use and shoot regularly.

My entire collection now consist only of the 3 guns mentioned above, a no frills Bushmaster M-4 clone and a Mossberg 12 gauge with a 18 1/2" barrel.

Jim Reaves
October 18, 2006, 09:33 PM
I have several guns that I carry at various times and special situations.
My everyday carry is a Colt Agent but if I am going to strange places and meeting stranger people, I carry a Kimber Pro Raptor. If the situation is serious, I would carry my XD 45 with three magazines

biere
October 19, 2006, 03:54 PM
I keep things the same.

I practice with what I carry.

I personally don't do well switching things around because I have to think for a split second about stuff instead of it just being reflex.

Sig245
October 19, 2006, 07:28 PM
I suppose we have all tried different pistols and revolvers to try to pick that one ideal carry gun.

I started with my S&W model 38, switched to my sig 232 and have settled on the lightweight Kel-tec 380 for my usual carry pistol, I have the 32 version and 32 seecamp that I rotate to. Carry one backup magazine.

In winter and the woods I like to have a 45 ACP. So I carry my Kimber custom lightweight or my sig245. Carry a mag of hollowpoints and a mag of hardball.

TOADMAN
October 19, 2006, 08:37 PM
Currently, I only have three CC handguns - three Glocks.. They run the same - makes it easy to remember...

Stevie-Ray
October 19, 2006, 10:38 PM
I have 5 for CC. Depends on a lot of things as to which 1 or 2 it will be.

FTF
October 20, 2006, 12:15 AM
I have 4 that I CCW... it usually rotates more on convenience than situation... sometimes I just don't want to put on a belt and a .45 to hop in my car, drive 2 blocks, get some gas and some sunflower seeds and come right home... then it's the snubbie in the pocket... that kind of thing... going to take out the trash or check the mail at night I don't need to pack major heat like I would if I was going to be out running errands all day long.

Having more choices is definitely good.:cool:

OpFlash
October 20, 2006, 12:36 AM
My PT145PRO IWB when I can, otherwise my P3AT in a pocket holster.

mljdeckard
October 20, 2006, 12:43 AM
I appear to be very much in the minority. One and one only.

My dad is stubborn and cheap. A couple of years ago, I pooled with some friends at work to go to some private land and shoot private pheasants. Something like $11 a bird. I was just tired of trying to find pheasants in natural habitat, they are becoming very scarce here. My dad said it sounded like fun, but he wouldn't come, because ultimately he feels like he shouldn't have to pay for game. (I replied to him, 'fat lot of good it does you to have it for free if you can't find any.')

At the same time, I find myself looking at gun magazines, and they have one article titled:"The World's Best 1911", followed by "The World's best carry 1911". I start to wonder if The Man is trying to persuade me to believe that I need a different gun for everything I do. I really, I mean, REALLY, freakin love guns. but if I already have the one that is the best I have ever used, and does everything I need it to in it's normal form, why do I need a 'carry version' as well? Some people like a more compact gun to carry for comfort, but I would suggest, they are all just varying degrees of uncomfortable. If you start with a full-size, you are used to it. If you start with a sub-compact Glock in your waistband, and you've never carried anything bigger, it's a pain in the.....well, you get it.

Pick the gun that absolutely works best for you, and always use it. I don't see any need to make my life any more complicated than that.

Kimber Custom II, full-length, Hogue wrap-around finger grooves identical to the ones on that SA in the above photo. Night sights, G.I. plunger and rod. As I get around to it, I will get an arched mainspring housing with a lanyard loop, a flat black skeleton trigger and hammer. I carry in a fanny pack in the front, a Galco Miami Classic shoulder holster, and a slip on IWB slider. Two extra mags, a cell phone, and a full-size CRKT folder at all times. I carry it daily, I put it in a leg holster when I hunt, if I wouldn't get in trouble, I would carry it to war. (I am considering a .400 Corbon barrel to hunt with.)

michaelbane
October 20, 2006, 01:02 AM
I only have one gun for CCW, a snubnose 357. I was looking at the Walther P99/990 series. Then, when I went to a firearms training class, I saw how the semi-auto people had to learn about clearing malfunctions. I decided then and there that I wanted no part of any of that. Ok, so I'm lazy. Still, I think the P99 looks way cool.

Srigs
October 20, 2006, 02:00 AM
I use a combination of 3 different guns that are all DAO. So just pull, point and click (bang)!

6946 Primary in Fall, Winter and early Spring
P11 Primary in Summer and Secondary for Fall, Winter and Spring
P32 Primary when nothing else works and BUG all year long

Generally I carry more than one. :cool:

OldBillThundercheif
October 20, 2006, 03:36 AM
1911 in a paddle when I can wear a loose-fitting untucked shirt.

Makarov in my pocket when it's too hot for anything but shorts and a t-shirt.

10 Ring Tao
October 20, 2006, 05:35 AM
Of course...

Glock 19 for winter IWB in casual dress.

Kahr P9 covert for summer IWB in casual dress, or IWB formal dress with a tuckable holster.

Keltec P3AT for formal dress or jogging, in the pocket, ankle, or belly band.
-Also for when I'm lazy, or just running out real quick.

PlayboyPenguin
October 20, 2006, 09:10 AM
I am becoming amazed at the number of people that carry a Kahr. I had herd almost nothing of them before and now it seems like everyone has one.

PX15
October 20, 2006, 09:19 AM
Yep, indeed I do: (and still adding on)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/Laserlips/100_5042.jpg

:D

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

StressPuppy
November 4, 2006, 02:40 PM
Kahr PM9 is my new regular CCW. I also have a KelTec P3AT (380) and a S&W 642. I carry the PM9 on my ankle and the others get carried in a front pocket. But I only carry one at a time. Just depends on what I am doing, where I am going, etc.

But my "real" gun is my Glock 19. If I had to pick one gun and only one, it would be that one. Just too hard to conceal for me.

Ben Shepherd
November 4, 2006, 02:50 PM
Three guns. Depends on mode of dress, where I'm going, what I'm doing, etc.

No more than that for CCW purposes though. Being able to stay mentally wrapped around a *manual of arms* well enough to run them on auto pilot means about three guns is the limit for me.

I don't have enough free time to keep manipulation *automatic* on more than 3 handguns. So I dress around one of my chosen three depending on needs and go about my business.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone else have multiple CCW firearms?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!