Unusual Brass

PDA

svtruth
October 18, 2006, 09:25 AM
Out in the desert in the Tonto National Forest in AZ, the rest of the party was quail hunting, I had no liscense so I was just sight seeing and picking up litter. I found unfired .22 and .223, spent .357 and some .223, 7.62 and (poss) .308 with a star shaped crimp on the business end. They were like the .22 blanks for nail or starter's guns.
Anyone familiar with these?
Thanks in advance.

If you enjoyed reading about "Unusual Brass" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Joe Demko
October 18, 2006, 09:31 AM
They were almost certainly blanks.

DogBonz
October 18, 2006, 09:33 AM
removed. It helps if I read the entire post. Coffee helps too.

Cromlech
October 18, 2006, 09:52 AM
Ja, sounds like crimped blank rounds.

While in the Army Cadets, out on a non-tactical hike, I found a whole box of 5.56 ammunition. It was at the base of a large boulder, fully packaged including the outer plastic wrap complete with British Aerospace markings. Part of me wanted to put it in my bergen for 'safekeeping' :evil: , but the good little cadet in me won, and I told an adult instructor.

I can't remember where it was, it was probably Salisbury plains, but might have been Dartmoor.

If you enjoyed reading about "Unusual Brass" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!