Time to ban axe handles in the UK?

PDA

Kentucky
October 18, 2006, 09:48 AM
"The BBC is reporting what is claimed to be Britain's first "web-rage" attack. A man drove seventy miles to assault his victim with a pick-axe handle after they exchanged insults in a Yahoo! chat room.

http://slashdot.org/articles/06/10/18/1210235.shtml

Same story, different people. If someone wants to do harm to someone else they will find a tool to do it with.

Read on down in the article, apparently this guy collected axe handles.

If you enjoyed reading about "Time to ban axe handles in the UK?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ceetee
October 18, 2006, 09:54 AM
The pair met in an internet chatroom called Yahoo, Islam 10 as both had an interest in the Muslim faith...

Not that this means anything, of course...

BBC News Story. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6059726.stm)

Cromlech
October 18, 2006, 10:10 AM
They both shared an interest in Islam, but neither of them were Muslims.

pharmer
October 18, 2006, 10:12 AM
"I swear, Allah took control of me and made me drive over there and kill him. I was drunk and molested by a pig catholic priest also". Okay you can go. Joe

TallPine
October 18, 2006, 10:55 AM
Gee, and I collect firewood too. In fact, I have a whole arsenal of the stuff (though not yet enough for the coming winter).

I suppose you could ask why does one man needs that many chunks of assault wood ?

;)

ir3e971
October 18, 2006, 11:16 AM
If there was waiting period to purchase axe handles this would not have happened.:)

orangelo
October 18, 2006, 11:34 AM
Jack the Ripper and Lizzie Borden never used guns.

Obviously these hatchets and knives are too dangerous for commoners. I decree Britons shall hereby be forced to cut wood by karate chopping with their hands hereafter.

chorlton
October 18, 2006, 11:40 AM
We do just fine with pint glasses and utility knives!

Kentucky
October 18, 2006, 11:40 AM
I suppose you could ask why does one man needs that many chunks of assault wood ?

Lol, I just about spit on my keyboard with that.

Axman
October 18, 2006, 01:00 PM
Yahoo is hearby banned in the UK!

DoubleTapDrew
October 18, 2006, 01:20 PM
Why don't they just get it over with and ban any object more than 6" long or anything pointy. We're watching a train wreck in progress.

Axman
October 18, 2006, 02:42 PM
Anything pointy???

Well so much for that dream home with the white picket fence. The fence slats are too pointy! Darn!!!

longeyes
October 18, 2006, 02:54 PM
Ban Hands NOW!

Axman
October 18, 2006, 03:48 PM
Ban Hands NOW!

Especially those guys who try claim thier hands are registered as lethal weapons. After all, they are assault hands!

xd9fan
October 18, 2006, 09:39 PM
When is it England that you will start to become tried of being....."subjects"

DoubleTapDrew
October 19, 2006, 12:46 AM
Anything pointy???

Well so much for that dream home with the white picket fence. The fence slats are too pointy! Darn!!!
A picket fence? All they see is 237 stabbings waiting to happen! Why, you are nothing more than an arms dealer! :D
Call me crazy, but I find axes and pickaxes are much more effective tools with the actual axe head attached. Did they already ban them over there or did this guy just like doing things the hard way?

gcerbone
October 19, 2006, 09:00 AM
Not just hands, but pointy sticks, too.

Robert J McElwain
October 19, 2006, 09:45 AM
Was this a White Pine Saturday night special or a real Hickory handle?

What caliber was it?

Was it carried concealed or was it in the glove compartment?

Was this a recent purchase of a family heirloom, handed down from his grandpa?

Was the aggressor trained in proper axe handle use or was he using this weapon for the first time?

Was the axe handle a full automatic or single swing?

Was it an assault handle (IE painted black) or was it unstained?

:)

Bob

Axman
October 19, 2006, 11:57 PM
Was it an assault handle (IE painted black) or was it unstained?

No, it was painted silver, a Stanley magnum handle!

CypherNinja
October 20, 2006, 01:23 AM
Funny, I heard it was a hunting handle. (Mossy Oak)

If you enjoyed reading about "Time to ban axe handles in the UK?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!