good cheap VCI paper? (corrosion inhibitor)

PDA

atek3
October 18, 2006, 11:47 AM
any recommendations on where I can find good cheap VCI (volatile corrosion inhibitor) impregnated paper/bags/buttons? I need to store a rifle for roughly 6 months and I don't want to have to coat it in cosmoline as I might need it suddenly.

thanks,
atek3

If you enjoyed reading about "good cheap VCI paper? (corrosion inhibitor)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ohen Cepel
October 18, 2006, 11:48 AM
Not sure about cost, but I'm pretty sure Brownell's sells the paper and bags. They tend to sell first rate stuff.

hso
October 18, 2006, 01:06 PM
Bullfrog is very impressive and is worth the money.

Jim K
October 18, 2006, 01:07 PM
If you are looking for it in Brownells catalog or web site, they call it "Gunwrap" paper and sell it in 12"x12" and 4"x 36" sheets. A pack of ten is around $7.

For bulk quantities, do a Google search for VPI paper or VCI paper. One source is www.drypak.com, phone 1-877-4DRYPAK.

Unless storage is in a very bad area (like outside in the path of a hurricane) just a light grease like RIG or even a good oil will protect a gun for years, and the gun will be available for use.

Jim

Russs
January 11, 2007, 11:18 AM
www.zcorrproducts.com

If you enjoyed reading about "good cheap VCI paper? (corrosion inhibitor)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!