Would you fire the BMF?

PDA

jsalcedo
May 16, 2003, 04:30 PM
I just read an article about the BMF500 maximum
4 inch barrel 3 pound sixgun that fires a 400 grain projectile
at 1500FPS.

The recoil was reported to be beyond description and after
40 rounds a shooter needs 3 days on the couch to recuperate.

My question is:

Who here on THR would subject themselves to the BMF?

I personally would at least try it at the risk of developing a flinch or having a front sight lodged in my forehead.

If you enjoyed reading about "Would you fire the BMF?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
srschick
May 16, 2003, 04:36 PM
care to tell us where you found the article?

TechBrute
May 16, 2003, 04:39 PM
Well, obviously someone can shoot it, so I'm not worried about my safety. I'll pretty much try anything once.

jsalcedo
May 16, 2003, 04:44 PM
Latest edition of american Handgunner has the article.

Psssniper
May 16, 2003, 05:09 PM
Hey I'll shoot anything.
Anyone old enough here to remember any hype surrounding other
"Recoil Monster" caliber introductions? 357 44 ?

Peetmoss
May 16, 2003, 05:10 PM
I would try it once but thats probably it.

QuarterBoreGunner
May 16, 2003, 05:18 PM
I'd pass, just doesn't do anything for me.

But I'd buy a ticket to watch other people shoot it.

PATH
May 16, 2003, 05:18 PM
Sure would. I'll shoot anything at least once.

AZTOY
May 16, 2003, 05:25 PM
http://www.reedercustomguns.com/revolvers/images/500_MaximumBMF_small.jpg

GARY REEDER CUSTOM GUNS is pleased to announce the newest and certainly the biggest in our line up of hunting handguns, our new BMF, (Best Made Firearms). Our new BMF is for the person that likes to abuse himself and loves recoil. If that is you and you want the absolute biggest there is in a revolver, then we have it, our BMF. This beast is a stretch frame 500 Maximum, in a 4 inch, round butt, dehorned, slicked up BMF and you can also shoot the 500 Linebaugh in it as well.

It is much like our Professional Hunter only smaller, more compact, with our own set back trigger and damn well bad to the bone. I can't think of anything that can stand up in front of this when it goes off, and very few that can stand behind it when it goes off. We've gone to extra lengths to make this the slickest and biggest back up gun on the market. We've had Ken Kelly at Mag-na-Port do the Magnum 5 porting on it, taken all the sharp edges off, made the Gunfighter Grip more contoured for a better grip and it's still all the fun you can stand.

This new BMF is not for the limp wristed, the faint of heart, nor anyone light in the loafers. The BMF is big, it's probably more than the average shooter can handle and it's not for everyone. The BMF comes in satin stainless with black micarta grips and the game scenes of your choice. You can also have your name engraved on it at no extra charge. This helps when they drag you into the ER to get the front sight out of your forehead. They will be able to read your name on the barrel and know that you are the proud owner of our new BMF. As always one third down and we begin work on your new BMF.

The BMF
$2395:barf:
8 to 9 month delivery in most cases

I will shoot it but i'm not buying it:banghead: :banghead:

http://www.reedercustomguns.com/revolvers/500bmf.htm

J Miller
May 16, 2003, 05:26 PM
Yep, I'd try it at least once.

Who knows, it might be fun enough to do again.

I remember the crap about the .44 Mag being the most powerfull handgun in the world, and how the recoil was so bad that most shooters couldn't handle it. Right......................:rolleyes:

jdege
May 16, 2003, 05:30 PM
"our new BMF, (Best Made Firearms)"

BMF does not stand for "Best Made Firearms".

Schuey2002
May 16, 2003, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I'd probably give it a go..

But, first I'd hand it over to a friend(who's 300+ lbs and built like a Tank.) and let him shoot it first.[He's my guinea http://www.yotatech.com/images/smilies/pig.gif ]
After watching what the recoil did to him, and listening to his feedback, then I'd give it a try. ;)

capnrik
May 16, 2003, 06:35 PM
At what?

FPrice
May 16, 2003, 06:40 PM
I actually saw and handled one at the S&W range in Springfield. It didn't do much for me.

BigG
May 16, 2003, 06:40 PM
That gun has Tamara written all over it! :cool: :D

Bowlcut
May 16, 2003, 06:55 PM
Heck why not....been hit in the forhead by a gun before so what if it happens again :D

Someone needs to get one then have THR range day, everyone gets one shot though it :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Would you fire the BMF?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!