Florida School Stabing

PDA

johnsonrlp
October 19, 2006, 03:12 PM
Can't find an article yet but it's being covered intermitently on CNN.

If you enjoyed reading about "Florida School Stabing" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
johnsonrlp
October 19, 2006, 03:15 PM
University High School in Orlando. 15 year old student stabed in abdomen and maybe head. Suspect fleeing on foot Hispanic male 5'7", black hair with blond streaks.

johnsonrlp
October 19, 2006, 03:36 PM
Now saying stabed in chest, at hospital. Suspect found with knife on campus, in custody.

Odd Job
October 19, 2006, 03:39 PM
What the hell, they are going 'British' :p

1KPerDay
October 19, 2006, 03:41 PM
I'll be the first:

They should ban knives. They're obviously dangerous.

:rolleyes:

AJAX22
October 19, 2006, 03:41 PM
Hey, guess the Gun Free School Act is working eh?

gotta look on the bright side :rolleyes:

Thefabulousfink
October 19, 2006, 03:45 PM
I don't mean to rag on you johnsonrlp, but it must be a slow news day if this is making it to the national news.

When I was growing up in Portland OR, there were often reports of stabbings at the highschools. My mother was a teacher and she told me how the administration would be constantly confiscating knives and sharpend screwdrivers from hispanic, black, and white gang members. Fights would break out, somone would get stabbed, and one would go to the hospital and the other to the police. It would barely get a 2 min segment on the nightly news.

But I suppose there is more $$ in sensationalizing it.:rolleyes:

And I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut that CNN won't spend much time talking about the problem of hispanic and other gangs in our schools.

Molon Labe
October 19, 2006, 03:48 PM
They should ban knives. They're obviously dangerous.Better yet, they should make assault with a deadly weapon illegal.

TexasRifleman
October 19, 2006, 03:50 PM
Better yet, they should make assault with a deadly weapon illegal.

Great idea! I'm writing my Congressperson :evil:

Superpsy
October 19, 2006, 03:51 PM
Incidents of school violence are actually more prevalent than we would like to think. Alot of school violence incidents are actually not reported as such because they are categorized as gang violence. Maybe the article will tell us more...

johnsonrlp
October 19, 2006, 04:19 PM
I don't mean to rag on you johnsonrlp, but it must be a slow news day if this is making it to the national news.
Yeah, it does happen all the time. But my point was that guns cause violence. And yeah, we will begin to see more Britishish events the more we chase their ways.

TX1911fan
October 19, 2006, 06:13 PM
I agree with Molon Labe. Schools should be assualt with a deadly weapon-free zones. If they just said that, none of this stuff would happen.

Art Eatman
October 20, 2006, 12:29 AM
I hate to blow anybody's bubble, but a school stabbing is not THR material.

Art

If you enjoyed reading about "Florida School Stabing" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!