Problems disassembling Kimber

PDA

Bazooka Joe71
October 19, 2006, 05:29 PM
I have the manual to fully disassemble/Reassemble my Kimber Eclipse Custom II, but when i get to depressing the firing pin, and sliding the firing pin stop off of the slide, I cant, for the life of me get the firing pin stop off.

Any suggestings, or curtain tools I should try?

Thanks in advance guys.

If you enjoyed reading about "Problems disassembling Kimber" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sheldon
October 19, 2006, 06:44 PM
Does that pistol have any type of firing pin block?? I know my 80's series Colt has a firing pin block that has to be pushed in to allow the firing pin to move at all. Then it's just a matter of depressing the firing pin enough to fully clear the stop to allow it to drop out. On a really tight pin stop you may need to use something to punch it out. I know someone makes a tool that basically engages the hole in the stop and it is a punch of sorts to allow you to hammer out really tight/stuck stops, but cannot find it right now.

Bazooka Joe71
October 19, 2006, 06:58 PM
Yep, that was the problem...Thanks Sheldon!

If you enjoyed reading about "Problems disassembling Kimber" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!