Early shooting education: how/ ideas

PDA

zxc
January 5, 2003, 11:28 AM
Hello. Id like your thoughts on when, how, what, ideas on getting kids to shooting. Been taking them to the range, havent let them shoot yet, havent bought a firearm for the exercise. Dont want to go BB yet any ideas welcome. Safety will be thru education programs in house or thru the community support. Id like to expose them and let them choose their own sport when the time comes; just basic instruction. Growing up, my dad was an avid gunner yet didnt buy us an airgun until 16. If that was then, how should I do it before TV culture gets them.
Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Early shooting education: how/ ideas" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
telewinz
January 5, 2003, 12:29 PM
Why not some air soft guns ? Safe & might create an interest.

Flash Hole
January 5, 2003, 01:49 PM
I started my kids at 6 years old with a bbgun,
at 8 yr old went to a 22 single shot rilfe.at 10 yr old I took them
hunting with me they carred the bbgun (no bb's) at 12yr the kids
took gun safety classes from our state DNR.
My youngest is now 16 and has been shooting with me for 10 yrs
and hunting for 6 and hand loading for over 3yrs. These are the best, and the safest hunting and shooting partners I will ever have,Start them young teach them right from wrong, and you will have a lifetime of fun.
JOHN

If you enjoyed reading about "Early shooting education: how/ ideas" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!