Who's going to Tulsa Gun Show tomorrow? (Oct. 21)

PDA

hillbilly
October 20, 2006, 06:45 PM
I think I just might be there tomorrow.

Anyone else?

hillbilly

If you enjoyed reading about "Who's going to Tulsa Gun Show tomorrow? (Oct. 21)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
scottw
October 20, 2006, 07:39 PM
How much does it cost to get in?

hillbilly
October 20, 2006, 09:04 PM
Ten dollah.....make you hollah.....

hillbilly

scottw
October 20, 2006, 10:54 PM
If I thoulght I could find a Glock 17 or 26 in OD I would go but don't want to spend $10.00 and come out empty handed.

Hypnogator
October 20, 2006, 10:57 PM
Wish I was! :(

tulsamal
October 21, 2006, 12:02 AM
I talk myself into going every year or two.

Then I walk out hours later vowing to remember this experience and not get sucked into it again!!

Gregg

hillbilly
October 21, 2006, 12:08 AM
Scottw, are you aware of what the Wanemacher Gun Show is like?

It is, literally, 11 acres big......of nothing but guns, guns, guns, ammo, and guns.......

Eleven Acres....under one big sprawling roof.

hillbilly

scottw
October 21, 2006, 12:58 AM
I may try and get there Sunday.

tulsamal
October 21, 2006, 01:47 AM
Eleven Acres....under one big sprawling roof.

The size doesn't mean anything. That is no guarantee that you will actually find that super deal. The odds are, you can do better online buying guns than you will ever do at the Tulsa Gun Show. Put in your gas and your entrance fee. And your two corn dogs. And the various impulse purchases of crap you don't need. You would be FAR better off to just order a gun from gunbroker, etc! And then you won't have to stand in the long lines and walk until the bottoms of your feet hurt. Or knees that protest going up and down the stairs in the middle!

I've bought 2-3 guns there over the years but I could have done just as well (or better) somewhere else. Most of the gun prices are so high that I barely even glance at them. Or endless tables of "collector guns" that I wouldn't be interested in even if they reduced the prices by 75%.

Gregg

saltydog
October 21, 2006, 07:28 AM
Ammo and some handguns you can get a good price but everything else pretty much sucks. Been going since 1980. Going to stay home. Same old stuff.:rolleyes:

MAURICE
October 21, 2006, 10:46 AM
Tulsamal, my sentiments exactly.
Every time I go I wonder why I did. Then the show rolls around six months later and I get hyped up and ready to go. A used P89 for $400? Dinged up 10/22 for $200? The list goes on and on.

I'm sitting this one out. Theres a UofA v. Ole Miss game I have tickets to, anyway.

shotgunkevin
October 21, 2006, 02:40 PM
My best deals have been found at the smaller gun shows. The vendors at the big Wannemacher know that if I don't buy something, there's 10,000 more people behind me that might. There's no incentive to lower the prices until late Sunday. The only use I have for the big shows is buying stuff in bulk.

Gaucho Gringo
October 21, 2006, 04:21 PM
The gunshows out in Portland, Oregon seem to be pretty good to me. I always enjoy just looking at all the guns in real time. And the prices seem to be good to me. I bought a new Taurus Guacho in .357\38 for $380.00 at the last one. I could not find a cheaper price on one online by the time you factor in shipping & FFL. Clone Winchester 92's were going for $389.00, they all start for more than that online. I am waiting for the next one in 4 weeks. Maybe the gunshows where I live are better for some reason.

mons meg
October 22, 2006, 12:28 PM
Stopped by the Georgia Arms table and pick up 2 bags of their Gold Dot JHP for $15/50 rounds. Not a bad deal.

hillbilly
October 22, 2006, 03:11 PM
I saw lots of really historic guns.

There was the model 1860 Henry there, with serial number 342, I think.

I saw a pair of handmade German shotguns...a 4 bore and an 8 bore, finely decorated and engraved.....only $315,000 for the set.

I saw a real Walker.

Here are the deals I saw.

Military Arms Supply had Yugo SKS's in cosmoline for $109.

I had to keep telling myself over and over, "I've already GOT an SKS...I've already GOT an SKS....I've already GOT an SKS."

The other deals were ammo......HSM, etc.

Also, some deals on magazines.

My buddy got the following deals.

A pair of .50 caliber ammo cans for $9.

A Surefire G-2 Nitrolon with two extra batteries for $33.

A sand wedge worth $50 that was laid out on a table with some other clubs that he got for $10.

I looked, but did not buy.

The ammo that was on sale for good prices was stuff I already am deep in.

hillbilly

If you enjoyed reading about "Who's going to Tulsa Gun Show tomorrow? (Oct. 21)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!