C&R License - Need to Vent

PDA

RCouch
October 20, 2006, 08:30 PM
I'm 77 years old and am unable to walk much due to back problems. I do get out to the range and fire as often as possible and can handle this.
I am getting a C&R License to start a early Colt collection. Got the papers from BATF yesterday and had to go down today and get a hunting license due to the info on the current form.
What I want to know is what on earth does a hunting license have to do with collecting old guns. Am I completly missing something here? I can go to the nearest gun store (and have recently bought 2 handguns) with out a hunting license and am really flabergasted at this rule.

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R License - Need to Vent" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Steve in PA
October 20, 2006, 08:41 PM
I've never heard of anyone having to get a hunting license prior to getting a C&R. What makes you think you needed a hunting license?

atomchaser
October 20, 2006, 08:51 PM
There's no requirement for a hunting license. You got some bad info.

RCouch
October 20, 2006, 08:54 PM
I may have misread the form but on item 18c it asks if you have a hunting license and states that if your answer is "no", that you probably cannot be issued a C&R Lic. Maybe I should have ignored item 18 altogether.

EOD Guy
October 20, 2006, 09:00 PM
I may have misread the form but on item 18c it asks if you have a hunting license and states that if your answer is "no", that you probably cannot be issued a C&R Lic. Maybe I should have ignored item 18 altogether.

Section 18 only applies to nonresident aliens. You should have just ignored that part.

Gunfire
October 20, 2006, 09:16 PM
EOD's right. Just skip that question unless you really are an alien.

What kinda early Colts ya gonna get, anyway? 1911s, I bet. What else?

RCouch
October 20, 2006, 09:23 PM
I'm looking for 1) 1903 .32, 2) 1903 .38, and 3) 1905 .45. I'll need to gather funds in between these and I have a 1903 I'D on GunsAmerica as we speak.

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R License - Need to Vent" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!