Question for 7.5 Swiss reloaders

PDA

Dave R
October 20, 2006, 08:44 PM
Have any of you 7.5 Swiss reloaders ever used "pulled" .308 milsurp bullets?

In my never-ending quest to get the cost of plinking rounds down, I want to try it. I made up a dummy round, with a commercial (Speer) 147gr. FMJ, which is supposed to be milsurp spec. To get the round to chamber without touching the lands, I had to seat it a little PAST the cannelure. I assume that's no problem....the case mouth is still fully supported by the bullet, and I load light enough that I don't think case volume will be a problem

I guess I'm just wondering if I'm the first person to try this.

The load I'm shooting for (pardon the pun) is:

-"Pulled" 147gr. .308 NATO bullet
-Over 43gr. H335 (a load that works great with 150gr. hunting bullets)
-Speer 250 primer
-COAL of 2.905

I've used the same load with 150gr. Sierra Gameking bullets with fine results. So only the bullet will be changed.

Comments/cautions welcome.

If you enjoyed reading about "Question for 7.5 Swiss reloaders" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Crosshair
October 21, 2006, 01:28 AM
I do it all the time. Just make sure the bullets don't jump and you will be fine. I load 308 for my Saiga the same way and have never had a problem with bullet jump.

If you enjoyed reading about "Question for 7.5 Swiss reloaders" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!