why do i get automatically logged out?????

PDA

Rampant_Colt
October 21, 2006, 12:36 AM
Just as i was going to post-up a long and detailed reply in the shotgun section, i got logged out and lost ALL of the info i had!!
It took me about half an hour to compile my information then got booted off!
whiskey tango foxtrot

If you enjoyed reading about "why do i get automatically logged out?????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JShirley
October 21, 2006, 03:35 AM
Are you on your home computer? Have you chosen to save your PW on that computer?

I often would get logged out, while writing a long reply when I was using a company computer on my break time. This is a security feature for your protection.

If you're not on a computer that will allow you to safely save your login/pw on it, do what I did- I would always copy my post into Word or Notebook before posting, just in case.

It is frustrating, isn't it?

John

Derek Zeanah
October 21, 2006, 09:25 AM
New browser that's not accepting cookies?

Sindawe
October 21, 2006, 01:30 PM
I've seen similar behavior on my end, being logged off when writting a long post. I only remove the cookies when the browser closes though.

Thats not really a big issue though. What I have found midly annoying is after I save my text to the clipboard (now a habit), log back in, then attempt to post, the forum software gives me an error message stating that I've followed an invalid thread. I have to go back to the main index for the sub-forum to be able to post.

Rampant_Colt
October 21, 2006, 03:07 PM
New browser that's not accepting cookies?
I think that's it...

Recently i installed IE7 (it rocks!) but i think i need to tweak my security settings. I have the security settings set to 'high' to block annoying ads on other sites i frequent.

Thanks everyone for the useful input

real_name
October 21, 2006, 04:45 PM
Recently i installed IE7

Use Firefox, it's a superior browser, safe, and has many additions that you won't find with IE.

Rampant_Colt
October 21, 2006, 07:54 PM
Use Firefox, it's a superior browser, safe, and has many additions that you won't find with IE.

I had FF and HATED it!
IE7 is pretty good. FF is way too restrictive - and i hate the fact that i can't maximize the screen to 100% without the annoying toolbars on the top and bottom.
Thanks anyway.

As Patrick Swayze said in the movie Roadhouse:
"Opinions vary" ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "why do i get automatically logged out?????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!