Second Amendment Foundation?

PDA

Steelharp
October 22, 2006, 07:59 PM
I received a letter... a poll, and donation request... from these folks:

http://www.saf.org/

Are they legit?

If you enjoyed reading about "Second Amendment Foundation?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
River Wraith
October 22, 2006, 08:10 PM
Yeah, they have the cheapest life membership of the gun organizations. They are a sister organization to the Citizen's Commitee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. A life membership is only 150 bucks. They are located in Washinton and do a good job, but they aren't as ferocious as GOA or as big as the NRA.

Henry Bowman
October 22, 2006, 10:02 PM
Contributions to SAF are tax deductable. They do not engage in lobbying. They are very active to support the RKBA for all of us in the courts.

Kim
October 22, 2006, 10:04 PM
Yes they are good. It think it is either Kopel or Holbrook that is associated or maybe both. They group does legal research on the 2nd amendment. Think of them as the ANTI-Saul Cornell group of scholars. They also help with law cases and file amicus briefs kinda a mini ACLU of 2nd amendment Constututional lawyers. JOIN. I DID. They do send a magazine out but maybe 4 times a year I think.....

Blackfork
October 22, 2006, 10:21 PM
I hope everyone in here would take a hard look at putting money into any organization that supports the Bill of Rights. I'm a TSRA life member, working on an NRA life membership and I need to do MORE.

You are going to spend your money somewhere. Put it where it works the way you BELIEVE.

IMHO, we have LOTS of folks freeloading on the people who put their money where their mouth is.

SAF at 150 sounds like a bargain. It reminds me to send the TSRA lobbying group a check as well. If we go down, let's go down fighting, not whimpering about the cost of a basic membership.

Bartholomew Roberts
October 22, 2006, 10:40 PM
SAF is a great organization and one I am proud to support. In addition to the other things mentioned, they also played a role in the lawsuits against San Francisco's gun ban and New Orleans' gun confiscation.

TexasRifleman
October 22, 2006, 10:44 PM
Takes all kinds of groups because of the laws. Some can lobby directly, some gather info, some fight it out in court.

I'm also a member of SAF, along with GOA and NRA and TSRA (Texas group), and send what I can to NRA-ILA.

It's a tough fight and we have lots of enemies, nothing wrong with having lots of friends too. Alan Gottlieb is one.

River Wraith
October 22, 2006, 10:46 PM
I think Citizen's Commitee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is the group that lobbies. They are great too. 300 dollars for a life membership to both of them is a bargain. Plus, GOA is 500 for a life membership, but when you become a life member you get a certificate for an 800 dollar two day course at Front Site in Las Vegas that never expires. I'm trying to get a couple of buddies to join with me, but money is tight.

Dan from MI
October 22, 2006, 10:47 PM
SAF is the group behind gunweek and the GRPC conferences that we have every year. Good people.

jnojr
October 23, 2006, 01:30 PM
Contributions to SAF are tax deductable.

I did not know that!

mp510
October 23, 2006, 05:27 PM
There is also an MBNA/ Bank of America MC that gives them a small amount from each purchase made by the cardholders :)

The look on some cashiers faces is awsome:evil:

jazurell
October 24, 2006, 12:13 AM
You can check any charity here:
http://www.charitynavigator.org/

If you enjoyed reading about "Second Amendment Foundation?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!