Can factory return gun directly to me?

PDA

rhedley
May 17, 2003, 08:46 AM
I am a non-FFL , can the S&W factory return a handgun directly to me??

If you enjoyed reading about "Can factory return gun directly to me?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ChristopherG
May 17, 2003, 08:59 AM
they did to me, via Fedex, and I'm guessing they know what they're doing, so: yes.
cg

rhedley
May 17, 2003, 09:08 AM
Thanks, I'm on pins and needles waiting for my M-60 w/ "B" engraving to come back..

ChristopherG
May 17, 2003, 09:13 AM
It's amazing, isn't it, how torturous the waiting can be? Especially, I'm sure, with pretty gun like that! Give us a picture when it comes in!
cg

rhedley
May 17, 2003, 09:20 AM
And to make it even worse, I was notified on Friday, the gun was done and would be shipped Monday. Now I wait till about
Tues. or Wed. :(

Will post pic..

Bowlcut
May 17, 2003, 10:34 AM
well considering you arent buying the gun then its no big problem in most states. cause all the paperwork has been done when you bought the gun. yea things could have changed between the purchase and the shipping....but the gun is leagaly yours and registered so if something did happen it could still be tracked to you

Walosi
May 17, 2003, 10:47 AM
RJ -
Yes, they do it regularly. The problem lies in the shift in the
space-time contiuum....upon receipt of the notification of return, the normal 24-hour day becomes 14,326.2 hours....and ritual demands that you spend most of this time staring out the window looking for the FedEx truck, which WILL NOT arrive until you finally take a pit-stop and are fighting your belt buckle when the doorbell rings.

rhedley
May 17, 2003, 11:26 AM
Walosi

Ha ha, I can see you have been there too! I am also expecting some ivory grips..

RJ=

Walosi
May 17, 2003, 11:42 AM
I am currently taking a course of antibiotics, to counteract pneumonia contracted whilst standing in the rain by the mailbox, awaiting three holsters and a knife, simultaneously. My postman, a fellow shooter and knife knut, no longer puts the mail in the box. He throws it out the window in the general direction of the driveway, and firewalls it to the next house. Maybe it's the "thousand yard stare" you get from all the waiting :scrutiny:

rhedley
May 17, 2003, 12:57 PM
LOL, that's funny. I send holster orders all over the country, and believe me I know. Some guys will send the order one day and three days later, are E-mailin' me, wantin' to know when they can expect to get it.

Walosi
May 17, 2003, 01:17 PM
RJ,us worry-warts are not your usual normal personalities. One maker I buy from lives in the far boonies, and only gets to town on alternate Fridays, to do insured/priority mailings. With his orders, I not only worry through the "time shift" thing, but in the wintertime about such things as "what if he broke an axle"..."what if he was hijacked by a bear"..."what if the bear ate the knife"...Don't get too upset with us. We're happier when we have something to worry about, even if we have to make it up ourselves :p

rhedley
May 17, 2003, 01:26 PM
On Sat, my mail comes about 3:00 pm, here it's 1:25 pm and I have checked the mail three times, oh, I think I heard him !! See you later...........

Walosi
May 17, 2003, 01:38 PM
Yep,mine just came. Got a bank statement I'm afraid to open :barf: , gas bill and seven pre-approved credit card apps. from peope who obviously have no access to my bank statement. No holsters, no knives....Gonna go back out and lean on the mailbox some more on the off chance we might get two deliveries today. I know, I know...never in the hiostory of the postal service, b what the heck :rolleyes:

DRC
May 17, 2003, 01:46 PM
If you don't mind my asking what kind of knives are you waiting for? I'm a bit of a knife nut myself and enjoy them, folders and fixed both (it is a hobby that does however, make my friends a bit nervous ;)

I too have sent a firearm into the manufaturer and they sent it directly to me as well (Kahr)

Take care,

DRC

If you enjoyed reading about "Can factory return gun directly to me?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!