PERFORMANCE AND ISSUES

PDA

Derek Zeanah
October 23, 2006, 10:56 AM
I've performed one set of upgrades, which pretty much upgraded the entire foundation of the forum. It's possible some performance tweaks were lost, or that something isn't running cleanly.

Later today I'll be performing an upgrade of vBulletin itself. This may also cause issues.

If something stops working today, or you see weird performance problems, please post about it here.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "PERFORMANCE AND ISSUES" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bruce333
October 23, 2006, 11:36 AM
Just tried a search and got a blank screen for my results...

Derek Zeanah
October 23, 2006, 11:40 AM
I got that too, though a "New Posts" search didn't seem to have any issues.

I wonder if I should have vBulletin rebuild its indexes now that we're on a newer version of MySQL?

Lemme look into it.

Bruce333
October 23, 2006, 11:53 AM
search is working for me now

Derek Zeanah
October 23, 2006, 12:13 PM
Good. Took some database tweaks, but we seem to be running.

Kepp posting problems!

dasmi
October 25, 2006, 01:29 PM
Subscription email notification seems to be broken.

GunnySkox
October 26, 2006, 09:52 PM
I'm still having the search = blank problem.

I've tried the little search dropdown and going straight to the search page, and either way, it takes me to http://www.thehighroad.org/search.php?do=process and shows just whiteness.

Cheers,
~GnSx

Derek Zeanah
October 27, 2006, 12:48 AM
What are you searching for? I tried searching "shotgun" and it told me that's too common on our board. ;) I searched "flag" and in about 2 seconds had 116 pages of results.

GunnySkox
October 27, 2006, 01:53 AM
I was searching "group buy" and "aimpoint group buy" and I tried "aimpoint" as well. None of those worked.

Earlier in the day, a search for "aimpoint" worked, and just a minute ago a search for "flag" worked, too.

~GnSx

Derek Zeanah
October 27, 2006, 11:54 AM
Try again.

JohnKSa
October 28, 2006, 01:16 AM
I'm starting to get intermittant outages the last couple of days. I get the "Cannot find server" error but when I ping the board there's not a problem.

After a few minutes of trying, I'll finally "get thru" and things will work ok again....

If you enjoyed reading about "PERFORMANCE AND ISSUES" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!