Gun grabbers losing in their own forum

PDA

Boats
May 17, 2003, 01:01 PM
Isn't it odd that these guys can't even win the argument in their protected little sandbox?

The Violin Plays (http://www.democraticunderground.com/duforum/DCForumID32/1911.html)

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun grabbers losing in their own forum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jsalcedo
May 17, 2003, 01:15 PM
Regarding the "gun culture" as being the downfall of our civilization..... that has to be the most ignorant crap I've ever read.

Are gang bangers and career criminals part of our gun culture?

HBK
May 17, 2003, 01:26 PM
Ugh, waste of time...:o

P95Carry
May 17, 2003, 01:31 PM
Refreshingly pathetic! http://www.patriotnetwork.net/images/smilies/puke.gif

Kharn
May 17, 2003, 02:20 PM
It can be pretty much summed up with:
"The gun-owners have whupped my butt with the truth and I cant take it anymore. I'm leaving."

Kharn

MeekandMild
May 17, 2003, 02:31 PM
What does it mean, 'protected'? Does that mean you can't post without a condom? Or is it 'protected' as in game laws, i.e. you can't spotlight nor bait the field? Or is this just the mundane 'protected' as in read only or perhaps a special secret password?

Possible passwords:

porkbarrel
abortionrocks
taxspend
spendspend
taxtaxtax
luvjesse

txgolfer45
May 17, 2003, 02:55 PM
It apparently is a forum for Democrats only. They don't want to hear from anyone who thinks George Bush is doing a good job or who is Republican or who might vote for a Republican or is conservative.

They don't want to hear opposing views. If you sound like you might be a Republican, they will ban you! So much for democracy!!!

In other words, their forum would be a complete waste of my time!

Scott

13A
May 17, 2003, 05:27 PM
Boats, please warn us before posting a link to DU. I need a shower now.

TarpleyG
May 17, 2003, 07:09 PM
Those folks can't even come up with a logical format for their forum board so what else do you expect. I have never had such a hard time trying to see what belongs where... vBulletin rocks!!!

GT

Mizzoutiger
May 17, 2003, 07:10 PM
Orwell would be proud.

Standing Wolf
May 17, 2003, 07:52 PM
I've wondered from time to time why the leftist extremists never seem to try to hang out here.

P95Carry
May 17, 2003, 10:19 PM
I've wondered from time to time why the leftist extremists never seem to try to hang out here. Really??!! http://www.patriotnetwork.net/images/smilies/sniper.gif :D :D

Hal
May 18, 2003, 08:18 AM
Possible passwords:
JabbaTheIntern
:D

Question?
Since reading DU causes me great posterial discomfort.

Is the whole site going down or is just one whiner leaving?

UnknownSailor
May 18, 2003, 12:55 PM
There are some people in the world that are totally impossible to reason with.

I think they all congregate at the DU.

I had to quit reading when the DOJ statistics were dismissed out of hand.:barf:

Malone LaVeigh
May 18, 2003, 04:54 PM
The point that you folks are missing is that in that closed, left-wing Democrat forum, most or at least a big chunk of the posters are pro gun. Doesn't that tweak your prejudices just a little bit?

dustind
May 18, 2003, 06:44 PM
Several months ago I got tired of preaching to the choir, and decided to fight the good fight on foreign turf. Trust me, most of DU is anti-gun, except a few of us using the light of truth to fight off the mob of ignorance. You would be amazed how many sheeple wander down without a clue of what they are talking about, and flame the NRA, call for a ban on cop killer bullets, or want the gun show loophole closed. There isn't single rational anti-gunner there. Some of them act civilized until you prove a few of their points wrong. Then they leave the conversation and start a new thread with a title like. NatRepublicanrifleAssn liar la Pierre says there are 90 million gun o...

If anyone wants, feel free to join the fun, but guns are about the only topic you are allowed to disagree with the democratic parties platform without being banned. You also can not point out that certain articles are opionion and not editorials, or that something may not be true if it insults any conservative, no matter how bad a lie, let it go.

Edit: you would be amazed how many of them want an outright ban on all firearms, and they come right out and tell you.

WonderNine
May 18, 2003, 07:17 PM
Keep in mind the level of people you're argueing with. "Zergling" is a race of aliens from a computer game called "Starcraft" from a few years ago.

Sir Galahad
May 18, 2003, 07:24 PM
Yeah, Malone, all those communists have all of our best interests at heart, don't they?:rolleyes: Let's ask all those Soviet citizens who passed through Lubyanka and graduated with 7.62 Tok bullets to the nape of the neck how benevolent communism is.:rolleyes: Yeah, the Left has done wonders for the world! Just look at Cuba! Wow! Can we have a bearded despot run our country for freakin' decades too?:rolleyes: But I heard Castro is mellowing in old age. Now, instead of shooting the dissidents and their families, he just shoots the dissidents. North Korea has really prospered under communism. Why, I just heard that this year there will be enough pine tree bark to go around for everyone to get one helping of it for dinner. Isn't the Left great? :rolleyes:

WonderNine
May 18, 2003, 07:27 PM
Their damn obsolete guns are more important than anyones lives or the quality of life in this fast dying democracy. No other advanced nation has this bull???? or the horrific murder rate that goes with it. The despicable American gun culture is a big reason for the lack reverence for life in this nation and the rise of fascism across this land. - billbuckhead - DU

I never thought it was possible to have your head so far up your @$$ :barf:

Sir Galahad
May 18, 2003, 07:37 PM
Most of them are matted-haired, wanna-be hippies who blame everyone but themselves for the fact that they work at Taco Bell and still live with mom and dad at age 30. It must be the govermnments fault, right?:rolleyes: Yeah, the minimum wage should be $10 an hour!:rolleyes: It must be all those gun owners! All those progressive Euro nations don't own guns (actually, they do and they sell them to us too.) It must be the Republicans fault that they didn't pay attention in school because they were too busy cutting class to smoke pot. It must be the fascist government's fault that they're free to say such things without being shot like their hero Yasser Arafat would do if he caught someone saying things like that about him. Yeah, isn't life in America just sooooo tough? Waaaaa, waaaaaa someone pass those poor dears the crying towel!:rolleyes: Boo-hoo-hooo, they're stuck working at Burger King even though there are community colleges, public libraries and a whole military to learn valuable job skills at.:rolleyes: Waaa, waaaaaa, someone help the poor darlings! Didn't you know the world owed them a living? :rolleyes:

4v50 Gary
May 18, 2003, 07:48 PM
Bwahahahahahahahaha! Sir Galahad, my jaw hurts :D

BTW, I wouldn't mind flipping a burger or two for $10 an hour. Not that I would want to do that for a living but on my present job, I get the state runned Public Employee Retirement and am not qualified for SSI. I've got 19 quarters and have to get 21 more to qualify for SSI so I can get my money back. An hour of flipping burger every quarter is all I ask.

Malone LaVeigh
May 18, 2003, 09:05 PM
Thank you Sir Galahad for that excellent rendition of just the kind of knee-jerk prejudice I was talking about. I may call on you again when I need another example...

Sir Galahad
May 18, 2003, 09:13 PM
Wow, speaking of quarters, just think if all you had to do was collect 50 out of 50 of the state commerative .25 cent quarters and you could collect SSI. I'm surprised Kerry hasn't thought of that as a companion platform for his free government health care campaign platform. Every time you used a dollar to buy a soda out of a vending machine, you'd be gambling to getting that much closer to retirement. Just think of how that would stimulate the economy! Everyone would buy soda, which would also have a "junk food" sales tax attached to pay for public health care sponsored tummy stapling for "the children", overweight and victimized by ruthless marketing practices where products are offered for sale and people are expected to take personal responsibility. In fact, we could create the world's first sales tax based economy. Hold on, the phone's ringing. It's Kerry offering me a job as his campiagn manager.

Sir Galahad
May 18, 2003, 09:18 PM
You're very welcome, Malone. May I offer you a cigar? Thank you for your kneejerk Hostess Twinkie of an analysis. It was so well thought out, so erudite, so refreshing, I actually managed to stifle my yawn after reading it. Perhaps you should try some spoken word tapes and offer them for sale. They'll park them next to the sleep aids in the store.

WAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! He's being prejudiced!!! MOM!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Malone LaVeigh
May 18, 2003, 09:28 PM
OK, you managed to throw a lot of names at me. Were you trying to make a coherent point?

Oleg Volk
May 18, 2003, 09:38 PM
You can well disassemble others' favorite ideologies without being rude to the folks here at THR. I notice just a little bit too much incivility here. "Just because we may have to kill a man eventully, doesn't mean we can't be polite to him in the meantime." (probably mis-quoted) Applies to both sides of this debate.

Sir Galahad
May 18, 2003, 10:01 PM
I'd like to explain myself here, if I may. To me, being accused of being "prejudiced" or a bigot somehow is just as bad as calling me a b*stard in the true sense of the word. FYI, Malone, my daughter is Hispanic. I bear a scar on my forehead from an attck by nazi skninheads. Disagree with me, Malone, but do not insult me. Do not assume you know me. I apologize for what I said that insulted you. But do not use those terms towards me again, please.

Malone LaVeigh
May 18, 2003, 10:16 PM
What makes you think my use of the word "prejudice" has anything to do with bigotry or racism? That never entered the discussion until you brought it in just now. I was talking about people's preformed judgements about other's political affiliations. You came back with a bunch of canned limbaughspeak about Commie this and Castro that. I really couldn't have asked for a better illustration.

Don't bother waving your bloody shirt at me. I've fought a lot of those battles, too.

jmbg29
May 18, 2003, 10:30 PM
The point that you folks are missing is that in that closed, left-wing Democrat forum, most or at least a big chunk of the posters are pro gun. Doesn't that tweak your prejudices just a little bit?If that is so, then where are the correspondingly high numbers of prominent pro-gun Demorat leaders that they would have elected?

Once again Malone you would be 100% correct if it weren't for reality being 180 degrees out of synch from your belief system.

Ugh!

Delmar
May 18, 2003, 11:41 PM
"doesn't that tweak your prejudices?"
No, it doesn't simply because I see a lot of them thinking that all of our problems can be solved by the government and tax increases.
To my way of thinking, I do not want nor need a cop in my hip pocket, nor do I need several government programs to give to the lazy.
Giving to the truly needy I welcome, and do on a regular basis without the governments interference. To me, that is the bottom line difference between my belief in minimum government-which we are not even close to IMO, and the maximum government they say will save us.
There's a Chuckie Schumer waiting in the wings to take the White House, and I do not want to give that kind of person, or anyone else, the kind of power they so desperately want.
Although gun confiscation seem to be a general symbol of the left and secretly of the extreme right, there's a lot more to their stance than a firearm, and though most harp on the guns, I just can't get into their stated belief that big government is king.

CZ-75
May 18, 2003, 11:47 PM
there's a lot more to their stance than a firearm, and though most harp on the guns, I just can't get into their stated belief that big government is king.

Yeah, like the fact they'll never be able to pull off the entirety of their schemes until they can work with an unarmed populace. It's soooooooooo much harder to send armed citizens to re-education camps.

Delmar
May 18, 2003, 11:53 PM
CZ-as soon as I quit blowing beer through my nose, I'll try to come up with something as witty as your last post-LMAO!
Truly-both extremes see the state of the country as something they can vote away by consolidating power in big government, but as you say-it is much tougher to march the people off to the re-education camps if they are armed. I am waiting for the formation of the Leaveustheheckalone Party.

Sir Galahad
May 18, 2003, 11:54 PM
Malone, this will be my last post to you. I realize now that your insults are, indeed, not a reflection upon me, but a refelction upon yourself and the content of your character.

I need not go into semantics to prove that what you said is, indeed, what you were alluding to. You just lack the honesty to admit it. And, rather than admit it, you blame others for your own failings. I apologized for my insults to you. But, I see that you lack the ability to be a man and apologize as well. Do not mistake these for insults, Malone, for they are not. They are observations and you may take them or leave them.

My previous "Limbaughspeak" posts were written in humor. Or can I say that you are "prejudiced" against Republicans? Funny others saw the humor in my posts and you did not. Advice: Malone, the world is not the totally dead serious, austere, humorless place perhaps you inhabit. Lighten up.

As far as waving the "bloody shirt", Malone, I suspect that we are quite dissimilar. If your manner of speaking here is any indication, I suspect you may have gone looking for the fights you make mention of. I did not. I was minding my own business.

So, Malone, you can feel morally superior to me and anyone else here who you think is "prejudiced", but in the end, your insults only show the weakness of your arguments and the selfsame intolerance you so readily accuse others of. So, you may use whatever insults you wish, for, deep down, you are only subsconsciously telling us all who you really are.

Goodbye, malone, and welcome to the Ignore List.

CZ-75
May 19, 2003, 12:05 AM
I am waiting for the formation of the Leaveustheheckalone Party.

Me too. I just can't fathom why we have a false dichotomy forced upon us in the form of a two party system. It is possible to have BOTH economic and personal freedom. Still, I think the ensuing gridlock is preferable to the corrupt bargains struck among minority parties in a parliamentary system.

Bruce H
May 19, 2003, 12:10 AM
Don't sweat the little stuffSir Galahad, remenber he gets paid to study why water runs downhill.

CZ-75
May 19, 2003, 12:11 AM
Malone, the world is not the totally dead serious, austere, humorless place perhaps you inhabit. Lighten up.

Reminds me of the running SNL skit from the '80s "Make Joan Baez Laugh." The world is just soooooo full of suffering that humor is just plain wrong, eh? :rolleyes:

Let's make a deal. You can run around looking like you're sucking a lemon, worrying about oppression, while I won't.

CZ-75
May 19, 2003, 12:14 AM
remenber he gets paid to study why water runs downhill.

I alway thought of it as "If a deer takes a leak in the forest, who has to drink it?" ;)

Malone LaVeigh
May 19, 2003, 12:19 AM
I've been asked to tone this down, so I won't bother to respond to the remarks about my "character", as well as some of the other embarrassing comments here. But I'm not apologizing because I didn't say anything to insult anyone, least of all the guy on the white horse.

Prejudice means to pre-judge. We all do it. All of the comments by those who have recently chimed in are about the folks on that forum not fitting their definition of politically correct. That's fine, we're all entitled to our opinions. But it's not about RKBA, and it's not going to help build the kind of coalition we're going to need to start winning some of those rights back.

CZ-75
May 19, 2003, 12:20 AM
least of all the guy on the white horse.

You? ;)

Bruce H
May 19, 2003, 12:22 AM
Malone you don't want a coalition of any kind. You want your way and everybody else to say yessir and follow. Ain't going to happen.

Malone LaVeigh
May 19, 2003, 12:34 AM
You? ;)
Malone you don't want a coalition of any kind. You want your way and everybody else to say yessir and follow. Ain't going to happen.Yeah, maybe I should change my username to some knight of the Round Table. :p

CZ-75
May 19, 2003, 12:44 AM
Yeah, maybe I should change my username to some knight of the Round Table.

Why? You've been riding in on a high horse for quite some time now w/o the name change.

Mordred would be good, though.

Kaylee
May 19, 2003, 02:24 AM
and may everyone have a pleasant evening.

As Ian would say... lights out.

-K

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun grabbers losing in their own forum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!