Range report my 'latest' CAS rifle!! (Winnie 73)

PDA

Ferret
October 23, 2006, 07:03 PM
44-40, original Winchester 1873 (manufactured 1893)
Goex Black Dawge factory loaded rounds.
205 gr RNFP
??? powder
Starline Case
10 rounds @ 30-35ft offhand

Now I wanna test this at 50yd offhand and rested.

This is DEFINATELY a partner in crime to my Remmie '58 clones.
Add to the bunch a nice SxS BP Coach gun... and I believe that i am set!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Range report my 'latest' CAS rifle!! (Winnie 73)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Steve499
October 23, 2006, 07:14 PM
I think your sights need to be lowered a mite, Ferret. Send it to me and I'll fix it!

Steve

Ferret
October 23, 2006, 08:06 PM
I aint touching her... that was on the 'higher' of the two flip sights. The lower one prints just about an inch below POA. I figure that at 50yards the higher one may just about be hitting perfect. Although that grouping will do just fine.

I am gonna have to pull one of the Black Dawge rounds apart and see how much powder is in there. Good things about BP is that I only have FFg or FFFg to choose from and I bet its FFg. So.. its gonna be easy to duplicate the load, and then drop the powder a little to fix the POI.

Gaucho Gringo
October 25, 2006, 04:49 PM
Sounds like you have a jewel of a rifle there. May I ask what length is the barrel? I have always liked the 73, but with my budget I will have to settle for a repro 92. Good lucK on your CAS shoots.

If you enjoyed reading about "Range report my 'latest' CAS rifle!! (Winnie 73)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!