Is it ok to put armorall in my XD9 ???

PDA

crazydog
October 24, 2006, 01:32 PM
Just in the frame only???

Thanks for your help,

If you enjoyed reading about "Is it ok to put armorall in my XD9 ???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sry0fcr
October 24, 2006, 02:00 PM
I don't see why not but, I don't know why you'd want a slippery gun...

crazydog
October 24, 2006, 02:08 PM
...looking something to leave it like new, that's all. Probably not a good idea.

BulletFan
October 24, 2006, 02:20 PM
Well a good penatrating oil like WD-40 would probably do a better job of preserving the frame rather than just making it LOOK nice. Just on little squirt into a rag would be plenty of oil to protect the whole frame and then some. I wouldn't use Armorall for a weapon. That stuff works great for rubber and leather....I wouldn't trust it on my gun.

crazydog
October 24, 2006, 02:25 PM

MrTuffPaws
October 24, 2006, 02:26 PM
Just get some CLP and clean the frame with it. Heck, clean the whole gun with it.

Big Calhoun
October 24, 2006, 02:29 PM
A clean microfiber cloth works well also. No oil or anything needed, just a li'l muscle.

Maverick7340
October 24, 2006, 03:40 PM
Wouldn't armourall on your gun be bad if you use a holster?

Wesker
October 24, 2006, 05:37 PM
Not really. I put a light coat of armor all in my Kydex holsters. Keeps the draw smooth and helps reduce holster wear.

Ala Dan
October 24, 2006, 07:36 PM
Why not rub it down with Blue Wonder Armadillo, instead~?;) :D

10-Ring
October 24, 2006, 08:26 PM
Sometimes it's tough enough to hang onto a handgun & to make it slippery just may not be the practical thing to do...besides, it's a poly gun, shoot it and enjoy it ;)

XDKingslayer
October 25, 2006, 10:05 AM
Why not rub it down with Blue Wonder Armadillo, instead~?

+ a kabillion.

RNB65
October 25, 2006, 10:39 AM
I am reminded of a time, some years ago, when I was putting Armorall on my car's dashboard. I had the radio going and, completely absentmindedly, wiped the stuff onto the steering wheel. Oh, what a mistake! For the next month I was a hazard to other drivers 'cause that wheel was so darn slippery I could barely control the car. Though it did make for a very shiny steering wheel. :o

CWL
October 25, 2006, 08:07 PM
I wouldn't recommend the WD-40. This stuff is just kerosene with some aromatics added to it. WD-40 can and will gum-up over time and make a mess of your smooth functioning pistola.

gaven
October 25, 2006, 08:17 PM
i use it on my mags. for my g-19 . it helps in matches , they drop fast.

nitesite
October 25, 2006, 09:52 PM
Glock 'experts' call for just five drops of oil to keep their firearms in their best working condition. I own Glock and XD firearms and I think the less gunk-attractor(s) the better. Dry is gooooood.........

If you enjoyed reading about "Is it ok to put armorall in my XD9 ???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!