When is a good time for a check up?

PDA

silent knight
October 24, 2006, 03:52 PM
Or does it depend on your gun, i've heard that CZ is a high quality firearm, however it may need more tender love and care over say a Glock or a Sig. When do you know it's time to get a check up to make sure its still good for several thousand rounds.

If you enjoyed reading about "When is a good time for a check up?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SoCalShooter
October 24, 2006, 04:08 PM
easy checks like examing for cracks and warpage to parts, you can get a throat gauge to check the barrel, you will probably know when the spring in an auto is going bad cause rounds wont cycle all together or you will get jams. Thats what I do.

f4t9r
October 24, 2006, 08:38 PM
I give them the a decent inspection after every shoot and really try to go over them about evry 500 rounds , with complete tear down and inspection

RH822
October 24, 2006, 08:49 PM
Typically I just wait until they break. That's a pretty good indication that some attention is needed.

RH

10-Ring
October 24, 2006, 10:20 PM
I really haven't known anyone who has worn out a gun...I have known people who have had failures that destroyed their guns but that's a diff't thread.
Really, just shoot your gun(s), enjoy them and you'll know when it's ready to get another gun :D ;)

Anna's Dad
October 24, 2006, 10:49 PM
Click, Bang. Click, Bang. Click. Click. Click. Time for a check up (make sure its loaded first, otherwise you'll just look stupid. :D

atblis
October 24, 2006, 11:08 PM
I beat the snot out of mine (Subgun ammo, no cleaning, etc.). No problems yet.

No reason to clean them often unless you're shooting corrosive ammo, get the gun wet, etc. etc.

If you enjoyed reading about "When is a good time for a check up?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!