CZ75 sp01 mini trigger job

PDA

Bazooka Joe71
October 24, 2006, 09:31 PM
I just recently purchased a CZ 75sp01, and the trigger is a bit gritty...I was planning smoothing out the sear, Ejector and Trigger Bar from any of the machining marks made by the factory. I haven't really ever had to do this before, so I was just wondering what would be the best thing to use when smoothing them out.

Pardon my ignorance, but if its sand paper, then how rough should I use.

Thanks in advance guys/gals!

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ75 sp01 mini trigger job" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The-Fly
October 24, 2006, 11:39 PM
buddy of mine has the same gun. Put a 1000 rounds through it, and the trigger will get VERY smooth.

mxl
October 25, 2006, 02:15 PM
I prefer 600 or 800 grit. Sand in the direction of movement. :)

CZguy
October 26, 2006, 06:43 AM
buddy of mine has the same gun. Put a 1000 rounds through it, and the trigger will get VERY smooth.

Or use a snap cap and just dry fire the heck out of it.

HorseSoldier
October 26, 2006, 07:48 AM
+1 to the shooters.

Before I started sanding on anything, I'd try working with it with snap caps and putting a good number of rounds downrange. CZ triggers get better with use. My SP-01 was midly gritty when I bought it, but after several heavy workouts on the range, that grit was pretty much gone.

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ75 sp01 mini trigger job" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!