A Dumb Move

PDA

CiscoKid
October 25, 2006, 11:39 AM
Ok....i know that i made a dumb move....
I recently bought brand, spanking new G-22, which I used as a duty weapon, certain reasons prohibited me from purchasing the g-23 i wanted (for duty carry and off duty)
so i went to a gun show last weekend looking for a trade off...
make a long story short i walked out with a second generation g-23...
is there any hope for me? is the weapon still dependable? i mean it looks nice and all, but you can tell it has been around for a while...
(as soon as i have the extra $$ i plan on purchasing another g-22 for duty carry, but that may be a couple years)

:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "A Dumb Move" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
psyopspec
October 25, 2006, 11:58 AM
So what was the dumb move? Acquiring a used gun, getting rid of the G22, or getting the G23? I'm not following.

Whirlwind06
October 25, 2006, 12:52 PM
If I understand Glock customer service and warranty. They will fix it if there is something wrong with your used pistol. So as they say "shoot it like you stole it!" And if a problem crops up get it fixed.

1KPerDay
October 25, 2006, 12:57 PM
You mean you traded a brand-new G22 for a used G23? If it's the gun you wanted and it's in good shape, I don't see a problem, other than you wasted a few bucks. :confused:

toocool
October 25, 2006, 01:17 PM
I don't know what generation the G22 was, but if it's 3rd gen (finger grooves, rail) then I'd say you did good, if the G23 is 2nd gen. I despise the finger grooves on the 3rd gen guns, and I like the feel of the 2nd gen. I generally don't care for Glocks anyway, but if I was given a choice, I'd take a 2nd gen any day.

If you enjoyed reading about "A Dumb Move" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!