PDA

Fly Navy
May 17, 2003, 07:34 PM
Hey All,

I used to be known as Navy ROTC Guy on The Firing Line. I just got my commission today in the United States Navy! I'm an Ensign! WOOHOOO! Just thought I'd say hi. To make this gun related, I'll list what I own.

SIG P226 9mm
AR-15 20" HBAR
Ruger 10/22

If you enjoyed reading about "New Member" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
winstonsmith
May 17, 2003, 07:46 PM
A big THR welcome to you, fly navy.

Why don't you tell us a little about yourself?

M67
May 17, 2003, 07:47 PM
Congratulations! :cool:

And welcome aboard!

cool45auto
May 17, 2003, 07:52 PM
Welcome to THR!:D

Fly Navy
May 17, 2003, 07:55 PM
Thanks guys!

Well let's see, I just graduated from Worcester Polytechnic Institute with a degree in Electrical Engineering. I'm designated as a Student Naval Aviator and I report to Pensacola, FL on 25 July. I can't wait!!! It's been a long four years to get to this point, it's such a great feeling. I love shooting, and once I get to Florida (read as: built up some pay) I plan on satisfying my continuously growing "gun list". I also love flying, I used to take flight lessons in high school, but it got too expensive so I had to stop. I'm a Jeep owner, 1999 Wrangler Sport (I LOVE IT!), and I'm a big tech geek. I've actually been meaning to join this board for a while, but I've been a lazy bum. I look forward to conversing with all of you, you're all a great bunch!

Schuey2002
May 17, 2003, 08:01 PM
Welcome to The High Road, Fly Navy. :)

El Tejon
May 17, 2003, 09:40 PM
Welcome to THR, Fly Navy.:)

TechBrute
May 17, 2003, 09:51 PM
The only difference between Navy Pilots and AF Pilots is...

The Navy puts 100 yard landing strips on the top of a boat in the middle of the ocean, while the AF puts 2 mile landing strips next to a golf course.

:D

4v50 Gary
May 17, 2003, 09:53 PM
Welcome aboard and don't forget your complimentary 3 issues of Proceedings.

May 17, 2003, 09:59 PM
I began reading your post and was thinking blah blah blah but then I noticed you own an AR15 :D

In that case, Welcome aboard BROTHA :cool:

Slabside
May 17, 2003, 10:34 PM
Welcome! Congrats on your commission. I've been to Pensacola NAS and it's beautiful down there. You'll love it. I also spent some time at Hurlburt Field and Eglin AFB. They are both just right up the road heading east.

Sorry, can't resist...FLY ARMY.;)

Best,
Slabside

general
May 18, 2003, 12:10 AM
Welcome aboard Fly Navy!
Look forward to hearing from you.
Don't forget.......
Semper FLY!
(or is that Super Fly?)
HARHARHARHARHARHAR
Congrats Too!

Ladybug
May 18, 2003, 12:12 AM
Welcome to THR and congrats on all the excitement in your life! This place is great - it took me waaay too long to migrate here after TFL closed!

:)

Ala Dan
May 18, 2003, 12:28 AM
Congrat's there, my friend-

Go Navy, All The Way!:uhoh: But I was in the ARMY!
Oh well, I don't guess it really matter's; just have fun~

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Safety First
May 18, 2003, 03:48 PM
Welcome to THR and congratulations on your commission..when you are'nt flying or at the firing range drop in and chat for a while, it's a great place to spend a little time and learn from those who know more about guns,RKBA and the 2nd than you do, or should I say more than I. Anyway glad you joined...

280PLUS
May 18, 2003, 05:25 PM
there is no such thing as "relative bearing grease"...

the sound powered phones do not need batteries...

waterline is not rope...

and most importantly...

if you fly the beer run to shore and back when your squadron is out to sea, the beer cans must be secure in your cockpit or they will ALL fly forward into your instruments and under your pedals when you trap back onto the carrier, and i guess theres some guy above you (physically as well as in rank) that can see all this happen and will be shaking his head as you taxi away...

inside info from a friend on that last one...

:evil:

welcome aboard!!:D

Fly Navy
May 19, 2003, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! You guys are great here.

mattk
May 19, 2003, 04:06 PM
Get ready for the Heat here in Florida.
Welcome Aboard Swabbie!

Leatherneck
May 19, 2003, 04:41 PM
Hey, Nugget: Welcome! :D I bought my first pistol while in preflight at NAS. Keep in mind that your ultimate flying assignment will depend on your grades and appraisals by instructors from the very first day. It will be worth it to give up a range session to get in some book or simulator time on your own while all your pals are out getting drunk at Trader Vic's.
Keep your speed up!

TC
TFL Survivor

blades67
May 19, 2003, 07:37 PM
Welcome, and I hope you never have to splash one.:uhoh: :D

Darrin
May 19, 2003, 08:30 PM
BUY GRAVY, welcome home!

:D

Crimper-D
May 19, 2003, 08:38 PM
Cool! :D :cool: ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "New Member" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!