Does anyone have any opinions on this CZ?

PDA

crazydog
October 25, 2006, 04:24 PM
9mm 30th anniversary edition. Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

If you enjoyed reading about "Does anyone have any opinions on this CZ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
c_yeager
October 25, 2006, 04:47 PM
I think its overly gaudy. I dont generally like gold highlights on any pistols, and it looks particularly silly on a CZ. CZs are all about minimalist effeciency, it almost seems wrong to do something like that to one.

Just_a_dude_with_a_gun
October 25, 2006, 04:52 PM
I'd only buy it if it were half the price of a regular black one....

The gold accents turn me off.

Bazooka Joe71
October 25, 2006, 05:00 PM
I'm sure it shoots like a champ, just like any of the other CZ 75 flavors...All you need to do when you get it is spray paint it black :neener:

Wesker
October 25, 2006, 05:41 PM
Too much bling.

1 old 0311
October 25, 2006, 05:48 PM
Actually for a limited production pistol, it is VERY reasonably priced. I wouldn't carry one that fancy, but it will increase in price.

rbernie
October 25, 2006, 06:04 PM
I know a few retailers that bought 'em and can't move them for NOTHIN'. :uhoh:

E5
October 25, 2006, 08:55 PM
looks like fiddy cents' gun.....

word.....

JDGray
October 25, 2006, 09:11 PM
Safe queen!:D

EdLaver
October 25, 2006, 09:15 PM
looks like a "glass case, trophy, never-to-be-fired" collectors type CZ to me. I would be a lil embarassed to take that to the range...people might laugh at how "pretty" it is. Just my opinion.

daysleeprx
October 25, 2006, 09:31 PM
The only thing I like are the grips.

kokapelli
October 25, 2006, 09:39 PM
Saw one at the range and thought it looked pretty good.

SouthpawShootr
October 25, 2006, 09:45 PM
Saw a pair over the weekend at a gunshow. I'll agree with c_yeager on this. Too flashy. If they wanted to do something nice, they should have done engraving on a blued pistol with some really nice wood grips and skipped the gold accents alltogether. IIRC, there were some stainless guns around not too long ago. These would have been great for engraving and spiffing up.

BevrFevr
October 26, 2006, 02:56 AM
i like a little bling once in a while but that thing makes me a bit quesy looking at it.

Dollar An Hour
October 26, 2006, 02:57 AM
Unlike the rest of the CZ-75's I think it's ugly and gaudy.

I like the stainless ones quite a bit, may have to get one some day...

dleong
October 26, 2006, 11:31 AM
Too gaudy and pimped-out. The gold markings look like they were applied randomly without consideration to any overall theme. They look like gang symbols.

browningguy
October 26, 2006, 11:52 AM
I bought one a while back, very nice sorta art deco design. I think it looks really good for a pimpin pistol. Dealers are selling them for under $500 now and that seems a reasonable price for the workmanship you get.

There is nothing wrong with a little style. Plain ugly black has it's place, but there is no reason you can't be pretty when carrying a pistol. Of course I still like rifles with nicely checkered wood stocks and blued steel.

Buck Nekkid
October 27, 2006, 03:21 AM
Actually I'm a big fan of the 30th Anniversary Special, but my favorite is the 25th Anniversary model:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h6/ottonsure/CZ7525thAnniversarySpecial.jpg

This was silver plated with Eastern European hand made grips with mother of pearl inlays.

daysleeprx
October 27, 2006, 03:51 AM
I could go for the 25th anniversary version. :)

Monkeybear
October 27, 2006, 10:16 AM
I like it. I wouldnt mind taking it to the range either, who cares what the other shooters think. I wouldnt buy one though, I meant if I got one for free I wouldnt mind taking it to the range.

antsi
October 27, 2006, 04:21 PM
I am not a fan of gussied-up "special edition" pistols generally. I have seen just a very few of them that were done with a sense of class and taste; the vast majority are gaudy, silly, or both.

I agree the grips on this one come pretty close to the class/taste mark. Since this is THR I will avoid comment on the other "decorations."

Shawnee
October 27, 2006, 04:30 PM
Hi CrazyDog...

I've heard rumors there are some guys who will buy guns because they look "Bad to the Bone" or "Lethal" or "Old Westy" etc. - so maybe it's Ok to buy one that looks "showy", "pretty", "gaudy", "pimpy", "glitzy" or anything else. Seems like the same difference to me.

Local opinions may vary. :D

Geronimo45
October 27, 2006, 04:36 PM
There are dressed up guns that look good and there are dressed up guns that look silly. This one looks a little silly, to me. Now, if you left the thing blued and just slipped in the gold safeties/decockers/whatever, it would look pretty good.

GAC
October 27, 2006, 04:37 PM
For an anniversary gun I would expect a bit more decoration and engraving. I like the 25th Anniversary on with that bright mirror-like stainless finish. The gold highlights on black are not as nice as the stainless with gold highlights.

But, what do I care? I won't be buying either one.

Bazooka Joe71
October 27, 2006, 05:12 PM
Swap out the slide release, safety, mag release, and trigger with silver on the 25th anny, and that gun would be pretty sweet looking....I'd get me one for my tuxedo:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Does anyone have any opinions on this CZ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!