HK4

PDA

kentucky_smith
October 26, 2006, 09:14 PM
Light, handy in .380. Seems like a great idea for ccw.

Tell me why it's a bad one. Or talk me out of buying one. Please. :D :uhoh:

$300 in my local funshop. No caliber conversions, but I'm looking for a ccw.

Or should I just order a Bersa Thunder Conceal Carry?

If you enjoyed reading about "HK4" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BlkHawk73
October 26, 2006, 09:22 PM
They're not a common model by any means and parts can sometimes be difficult to find if needed although Gunparts usually has them. Like the larger P9 models, the HK 4 eventually will proberly need the small buffer repleced but it's an inexpensive part and easy to change out.
I'll be picking up me HK4 this weekend, complete with all the converions, boxes and paperwork for under $600.
It's not on mylist of carry guns by anymeans and even without the full package I'd opt for something else. I suppose it's fine as a CCW gun, just not my first choice. Compared to a similar gun, Constable, P230, 232 PPK) I'd put it somewhere in the middle. I'd opt for it over the Constable, although it too is a good gun, but would pick a PPK or Sig 232 over the HK4.

10-Ring
October 26, 2006, 10:52 PM
I have had my HK4 for several years now. It is just so fun to shoot and for a stamped gun, seems well made. As Blkhawk has mentioned, the little buffers are a concern and also consider the 380 was a bit of an after thought and I have read about incidents where frames broke from excessive 380's...32 was initially suppose to be the largest caliber it was suppose to shoot.

Check out www.hkpro.com for more info ;)

Moonclip
October 27, 2006, 01:06 AM
Seems ok but I'd want the 22lr kit eventually and consider it more of a 22 than a 380 especially with the buffer issue.

If you enjoyed reading about "HK4" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!