need advice on ruger p89

PDA

tbredw725
October 27, 2006, 09:36 AM
i just traded for aused ruger p89 with night sights and it feels great im thinking about getting the houge wrap finger groove grips and at least 2 or 3 15 round mags , anyone carry one of these concealed on here? what holster do you use? which ammo? thanks for any info

If you enjoyed reading about "need advice on ruger p89" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Whirlwind06
October 27, 2006, 09:43 AM
Before I sold mine I carried it in a Don Hume IWB holster at about 1:00.
Worked pretty good. Its kind of bulky but the aluminum frame make the weight not to bad. Get a holster for your P89. I had a generic uncle mikes that when I would draw the P89 the mag release would catch on the holster.

tbredw725
October 27, 2006, 10:20 AM
ive been looking for holsters for the p89 this morning and i thinking about ether a comptac pro undercover or gurka and either a blade tec paddle or a galco kydex paddle anybody use any of these holsters?

Jkwas
October 27, 2006, 11:53 AM
I've been trying different holsters for this bugger myself. I have a bianchi hawk shoulder holster. It works pretty good, but it's a heavy gun for shoulder carry. I use the cheapo uncle mikes right now and carry at about 2oclock, when I carry it. Right now I have a gunbelt on order. I use a bianchi blackwidow for my snub, and others have used it sucessfully with the P89, so I would try some variation of it. If I find the belt will support the weight, I will probably get one of those or a Don Hume agent.

raytracer
October 27, 2006, 01:05 PM
I have a KD Cochise Defender (http://www.i-sig.com/~rkba/dfenders.htm)for mine. I don't carry it often, but when I do this rig conceals it well and comfortably.

Definitely get a real gunbelt. There are many out there, Kevin at KD has nice belts as well as holsters so you can get a full rig in one shot.

The Houge wrap-arounds are cheap so you might give them a shot, but I didn't like them. The grip on the P89 is pretty darn big to start with, and the additional bulk made it hard for me to rapidly acquire a good grip. I ended up with some Hogue coco-bolo wood stocks to dress it up a little bit (kinda like putting a prom dress on a pig) and those feel a lot better.

Joe

If you enjoyed reading about "need advice on ruger p89" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!