MC vs. FMJ Bullet configuration, any Feed or Jam Issues?

PDA

Lou629
October 27, 2006, 03:15 PM
I was wondering if anyone has encountered a feed problem with 'MC' style 9mm ammo. vs. the FMJ? I have only used FMJ in my guns up till now, and they've never had a problem with it. My local supplier has cases of the MC on sale, but no FMJ in stock. I was curious if anyone had encountered a problem with this particular configuration in terms their guns developing jam problems due to the different shape?

If you enjoyed reading about "MC vs. FMJ Bullet configuration, any Feed or Jam Issues?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
atblis
October 27, 2006, 03:23 PM
Metallic case? Remington?

FMJ doesn't really specify a shape.

Lou629
October 27, 2006, 03:31 PM
"Metal Case"...ie, a slightly truncated or flat spot up front similar in look to a JSP round, as opposed to the more rounded but 'pointed' shape typical of fmj rounds. Yes, the ammo was remington. I use their .38 spl. designated 'MC' which has the flat point, in my GP100. Just curious how this shape would work in an auto loader

weregunner
October 27, 2006, 09:42 PM
Metal case can work in semi-autos. Caveat is that it depends on the particular type of auto and can be a case by case basis. Mine feeds even truncated loads. Light weight bullets however are a problem with many loads due to shortness of the bullet compared to the heavier loads. Have Ruger P series pistols. If your pistol has a short or high angled feed ramp metal case may not feed well. Try a few rounds out only as a test. Would not buy in bulk until total function with said brand is accomplished. MC can also be round nosed. The metal making up the jacket is different than normal FMJ.

gudel
October 27, 2006, 09:53 PM
what's the difference? I thought they're the same thing.
Never had any problems or any malfunctions with mc/fmj/truncated/jhp in all of my HKs in 9, 40 and 45.

atblis
October 28, 2006, 05:48 PM
RNFP to it while we're at it.

If you enjoyed reading about "MC vs. FMJ Bullet configuration, any Feed or Jam Issues?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!