How do I remove the sights from my XD9 ???

PDA

crazydog
October 27, 2006, 07:12 PM
Thinking about change to night sights, any help is greatly appreciatted.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "How do I remove the sights from my XD9 ???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
facedown
October 27, 2006, 07:43 PM
It is, according to some, not easy unless you have a special tool/jig. There's a guy over here: https://www.shop.xd-hs2000.com/displayProductDocument.hg?productId=26&categoryId=15 that will install them for a $15 service charge.

'Card
October 27, 2006, 07:54 PM
Unfortunately, XD sights are mounted with some kind of industrial-strength press and are notoriously difficult to remove. I've heard of several people just cutting the factory sights out with a dremel tool, but most people who have removed them suggest taking them to a gunsmith.

The good news is that once you get the stock sights off, the new ones are a snap to install.

clarkpat
October 31, 2006, 12:45 PM
I had the same problem with my XD 40. I bought some tritium sights that I wanted to install. I thought that I could tap them out myself and just tap the new ones right in. Not possible. So I decided to take my pistol to a "gunsmith" that said he would install them for me. He did not have the special tools needed so he ended up damaging the factory sights and was still unable to remove them. Finally I want to a gunsmith in Louisville and he had the necessary equipment to do the job right. I belive the type of press was known as an arbor press. Where ever you take your pistol make sure they understand the situation.

Good luck

If you enjoyed reading about "How do I remove the sights from my XD9 ???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!