Recoil springs for High Standard

PDA

Tortuga12
October 28, 2006, 04:46 PM
I've got a High Standard Citation 107, my father just sent to me. Wonderful gun, MUCH more accurate than I am! The gun has probably had 2000 rounds put through it in it's lifetime, when do I need to start thinking about changing the recoil springs? I have been shooting Federal and Remington match grade ammo through it, after hearing that it's not a great idea to use high velocity ammo. (I'm continually tempted by the Wal Mart bulk packs! So cheap!)

I also bought a birthday present for myself this weekend. I just couldn't say no to the CZ 52 sitting in the cabinet at the local gun store. 1953, original finish, no rearsenal marks, the thing looks like it's NEVER been fired! Can't wait to get it to the range! I'm thinking about refinishing it, either blueing or browning it, and getting a nice set of wood grips. Opinions?

If you enjoyed reading about "Recoil springs for High Standard" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Recoil springs for High Standard" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!