Help dating a Colt Python

PDA

FM2Wildcat
October 29, 2006, 11:25 AM
Can anyone help me date a 4" Python that I just purchased?
Finally found the one I was looking for! Long search too.
The gun looks brand new, most beautiful blueing I've ever seen. :eek:
Serial # K518...
Thanks for any help! :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Help dating a Colt Python" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GUNKWAZY
October 29, 2006, 11:39 AM
It looks like it's a 1980's or later revolver.
Posted serial numbers for Colt Pythons ended in 1978.
A call to Colt will confirm a born on date for you at NO CHARGE.:D

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

Majic
October 29, 2006, 11:58 AM
The year started with K16266 and 1982 started with K75748.

FM2Wildcat
October 29, 2006, 12:56 PM
Thank you very much for the help folks! :)
The snake is in superb condition for a 26 year old revolver.
I'll post some pics of her when I get my camera back that's out on loan. :cool:
Thanks again!

Husker1911
October 29, 2006, 11:57 PM
Treat her well and with respect. Don't mention guns you've shot before. Don't delve too deeply into her past. Don't get too serious too soon.

Hope this helps. :evil:

FM2Wildcat
October 31, 2006, 09:34 AM
Treat her well and with respect. Don't mention guns you've shot before. Don't delve too deeply into her past. Don't get too serious too soon.

Hehe, that's great stuff Husker.
I can see myself in a convertible with her at my side, smiles on our faces and hair blowing in the wind driving out to the range. :p
I'll try not to get too freaky on our first date, thanks for the tips. :o

Socrates
October 31, 2006, 02:43 PM
Be a total gentleman. Do not try kissing on the first date, and it should be a long court ship. However, once she warms up to you, it should be a life long marriage. Heck, BETTER then most marriages. She won't take half your property if you decide you have to leave her. She won't cheat on you. And, she'll follow your instructions, if they are proper.;)
Even better, she won't go out with the girls, or, force you to go to functions you don't like. Over all, the perfect mate.

S

If you enjoyed reading about "Help dating a Colt Python" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!