Are there any differences between a Stainless and blued PT145?

PDA

03Shadowbob
October 29, 2006, 07:04 PM
I am going to purchase a Mill Pro PT145 in the next couple weeks and am wondering if there is any advantage to one over the other besides looks? Any info you guys can offer is greatly appreciated!

If you enjoyed reading about "Are there any differences between a Stainless and blued PT145?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MachIVshooter
October 29, 2006, 07:09 PM
Are there any differences between a Stainless and blued PT145?

Your answer is contained in the question.

Chuck Perry
October 29, 2006, 11:43 PM
:rolleyes:
Stainless will resist rust better, might be a consideration for IWB carry if you're a sweaty lad. Nothing is rust-proof though, so keep it cleaned and lubed no matter which one you get.

03Shadowbob
October 30, 2006, 08:39 AM
What I should have asked are there any mechanical advantages to one over the other?
I understad the rust issue but isn't a concern as I clean my guns often.
Thanks.

kirkcdl
October 30, 2006, 08:40 AM
Same gun,different finish...:D

Chuck Perry
October 30, 2006, 09:41 AM
Only thing I have heard is that carbon steel runs a little smoother than stainless steel. I'm sold on stainless guns myself. Easy maintenance and looks awesome.

If you enjoyed reading about "Are there any differences between a Stainless and blued PT145?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!