Sig P228

PDA

sig228
October 30, 2006, 08:01 AM
I notice that its not listed on theit website. Has it been discontinued? But then when I look at the photos of the P226 X-Five, the photo on the right shows a pistol that appears to be a P228:

http://www.sigarms.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=38&productid=143

Anyone?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig P228" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ala Dan
October 30, 2006, 08:26 AM
Discontinued for civilian sales; still a few floating a'round the used but not
abused market. I got lucky, and got mine (slightly used) from an individual
in Oct. of 98 with 2x standard capacity magazines, box, and docs for $550.

OH25shooter
October 30, 2006, 09:46 AM
That's my understanding as well. It's brother the 229 is still being manufactured. Same gun except for the smaller cut serrations on the slide, which is milled stainless steel, instead of stamped metal like the 228.

GunNut
October 30, 2006, 05:08 PM
Yep, the P228 is no longer a cataloged item for us civilians.

There are still great deals on used or NIB P228's though. I spotted a very nice one at my local dealer for $425 w/night sites. I'm not sure what it comes with.

Steve

QuarterBoreGunner
October 30, 2006, 07:32 PM
There are still great deals on used or NIB P228's though
Yep. I picked up a retired LEOs personal all stainless finish 228 a couple of months back for the princely sum of $499. I do so love LEO trade-ins.

Ala Dan
October 30, 2006, 08:16 PM
Att: QuarterBoreGunner My Friend-

Are you sure that isn't a hard chromed finish? SIG to my knowledge NEVER
produced an all stainless steel P228~!:scrutiny: :uhoh:

QuarterBoreGunner
October 30, 2006, 08:34 PM
SIG to my knowledge NEVER
produced an all stainless steel P228~!
Ah! I should have been more clear; an all silver finish 228. Electroless nickel (I'm guessing) slide and frame. Maybe hardchrome, but definitely a matte finish, no bling.

edit - I thought it was odd too; I could find no record of an "all silver finish" P228 from the factory, but if the finish is aftermarket, it's darn good.

Ala Dan
October 30, 2006, 10:31 PM
We recently sold one of the co-owners SIG P228 that was recently hard
chromed by Check-Mate down in Florida. They did one heck'eva job as
the weapon looked mighty good when returned to us. We sold the gun,
three hard chromed magazines, and a Bianchi open top leather holster
for him too the tune of $550~!;) The hard chroming alone cost $200.:eek:

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig P228" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!