Winchester .22 mag tube feed problem

PDA

Hot Lead
October 30, 2006, 09:14 PM
I own a Winchester Model 9422M XTR lever action .22 magnum. I bought the gun new around 1990 and have been using it every hunting season since.
The problem is this: When I fill the tube fed magazine to the max with shells, the first .22 mag shell will not make in into the chamber with a slow, gentle feed. If I give a quick "Rifleman" lever action it feeds fine. When I fill the tube with only take for instance, 5 shells, the round will not enter the chamber unless I give it a quick, no nonsense lever throw. When new, you could make a easy, quiet, lever cock to put a shell in the chamber. What is the problem and what needs to be fixed. Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester .22 mag tube feed problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Onmilo
October 31, 2006, 10:27 AM
1. The magazine tube feed spring is hanging up somewhere near the front of the tube.
This could be from a dent, impacted foreign matter, or an internal burr.
2. The rifle was inadvertantly shipped with a .22LR tube.

Don't feel compelled to replace the tube?
Try downloading one round if it is always the first cartridge out that causes the trouble.HTH

Hot Lead
October 31, 2006, 07:16 PM
Thank you, my friend. The spring hangup/burr was the problem. Now working good as new.
:)

AMBASSADOR
August 26, 2007, 03:31 PM
What kind of game do yiu use your 22mag on?.

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester .22 mag tube feed problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!