Street fairs & Replica guns

PDA

NIGHTWATCH
May 18, 2003, 04:49 PM
The annual 5th avenue street fair here in liberal, yuppy heaven "Park Slope" where I have been a resident for 39 years, has come again. The plan was to hold onto my money and stay indoors. Im over it, what can I tell you. Anyway, I get a call from my niece, she wants to go, so I end up spending money on I talian sausages, gyro's, cold beer and cigarettes. Not so bad after all, after a while. ;)

I come across a concession selling tools of all kinds. Really cheap, so I gander. And what do I see? A replica old world pistol that was made in spain (see photo). The detail was excellent and it actually cocked and triggered which made the sale for me. There were 2 on the table alongside their boxes.

Now in Park Slope, guns are frowned upon, feared and just not well recieved. :D So I held it up high to examine the detail, cocked it, pointed it toward the sky and pulled the trigger. Excellent. I'll take it.

Standing behind me the whole time was this guy who seemed almost afraid to examine the other pistol, but then ran past me to buy the last one. - :D LOL Did I just witness a conversion of some kind?

Anyway, It will look great on my bookshelf alongside some of my RKBA and chess books. And Im glad my niece came over. I would have missed this great show piece. :cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Street fairs & Replica guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Standing Wolf
May 18, 2003, 05:24 PM
I hope the leftist extremists don't find out about that unregistered, readily concealable sniper machine gun!

4v50 Gary
May 18, 2003, 06:14 PM
Is there a shower of sparks when the flint strikes the frizzen? :cool:

NIGHTWATCH
May 18, 2003, 06:26 PM
Yes, followed by a blast and cloud of grey smoke. ;)

andy
May 18, 2003, 07:16 PM
Being NYC I'm surprised you didn't have to get a permit for it. Shouldn't that have a trigger lock on it?

If you enjoyed reading about "Street fairs & Replica guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!