What kind of sights do you prefer?

PDA

crazydog
November 2, 2006, 02:44 AM
Do you like standard sights or night sights???

If you enjoyed reading about "What kind of sights do you prefer?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
daysleeprx
November 2, 2006, 02:53 AM
I like night sights on my "night stand" guns, just because they're easy to see if I have to wake up suddenly in the middle of the night. But otherwise I really don't have a preference.

hexidismal
November 2, 2006, 03:02 AM
Hmm, I can't answer this one. I don't own a gun with night sights, so I've never been able to really make the comparison.

jlh26oo
November 2, 2006, 03:23 AM
carry: night sights, low profile "novak" style

games: fiber optic front & any quality steel adjustable rear with the tiniest discernable "clicks"

BullfrogKen
November 2, 2006, 05:09 AM
The ones I carry have plain Heinie rear sights and a plain Heinie front with a gold bead installed on the front face of the ramp.

They work quite effectively in dim light. Any ambient light is reflected. If enough light exists to identify and engage the target, there's enough to see the front sight.

I've owned pistols with night sights and used the Crimson Trace lasers, too. I've played with fiber optics, the AO big white ball . . . Short of a electronic red dot on a race gun, the gold bead has been the best system I've encountered.

DougW
November 2, 2006, 10:28 PM
All 3 Glocks have XS 24/7 Big Dot sights. The 3rd gen G19 has a Glock Light in addition. Tac lights on 2 AR's round out the night time stuff.

10-Ring
November 2, 2006, 10:35 PM
It really depends on what part of the year it is...right now, I prefer std sights. The only use I see night sights for is to find that pistol w/ the lights off when you open that safe or drawer :scrutiny: Even w/ night sights, you still have to properly ID a target so a secondary light source is still needed ;)

M2 Carbine
November 2, 2006, 11:00 PM
Standard sights during daylight and laser during low light.
Laser/light during darkness.

Chuck R.
November 2, 2006, 11:27 PM
For CCW and nightstand gun I prefer night sights, I still use a hand held light(s) and have a mounted light on my nightstand gun.

For sights I have factory SIGLITES for my 220 in the nightstand, and I had Trijicon white outline vials installed in my Baer “Novak-like” low profile sights.

Using a light, the night sights disappear as the sights are silhouetted in the light. IF it was an either/or situation I’d opt for a good light first as target ID is paramount in my mind.

Chuck

possum
November 3, 2006, 06:38 AM
i like night sights when it coms to a carry gun, but for genereal use i stick with standard sights. anything in the three dot configuration is my favorite.

Ala Dan
November 3, 2006, 07:07 AM
I'm from "the old school", thus I prefer standard three dot (white) sights~!:cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "What kind of sights do you prefer?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!