"Mexican Standoff"?

PDA

BerettaNut92
May 18, 2003, 11:57 PM
Anyone know the origins of the phrase 'Mexican Standoff'? :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about ""Mexican Standoff"?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Thumper
May 19, 2003, 12:03 AM
Skunk watched The Simpson's tonight.

charlie d
May 19, 2003, 12:26 AM
Thanks to google.com

http://www.takeourword.com/Issue080.html

click down a page.

Gordy Wesen
May 19, 2003, 12:39 AM
Mexican promotion....mexican breakfast....chinese fire drill...Hah!

synoptic
May 19, 2003, 12:46 AM
This weekend it was reported that Mexican troops had accidentally encroached on U.S. territory, pursuing members of a border patrol. The Mexicans were convinced that they were on Mexican soil and both sides drew their weapons.

There wasn't anything accidental about it. The mexican army has shown in many situations blatant disregard of our border. It is believed that this incident occurred while they were protecting drug runners, which they have a habit of doing often. They chased a mounted border patrol agent using 2 humvees full of troops. 1 was captured and detained but later allowed to go. The mexican military is very untrustworthy and I highly doubt anything they do is "accidental". I've heard many stories from my dad, who used to work very closely with the border patrol and incidents occuring on the mexican border as well as drug related incidents within mexico. And the stories he could tell were only the ones that weren't classified, there are prolly many more noone knows about...

CZ-75
May 19, 2003, 12:51 AM
Notice how traits we normally associate with the French were wrongly associated with the Dutch. ;)

Justin
May 19, 2003, 02:00 AM
Not that I'm in the know, or anything, but to hazard a guess, the term 'Mexican standoff' probably came from movie director Sam Peckinpah. Just watch 'The Wild Bunch'

Ivanimal
May 19, 2003, 03:54 AM
Being that I am a third generation San Franciscan of Mexican decent. I will attempt to clear this Mexican standoff for you.

It seems that I have been in an industry (Moving and Storage) that has a great many bosses and too few workers. When the bosses get too high and mighty we hold a Mexican standoff, I pesonally refuse to speak english unless it is directed at a passing girl. Many of my co-workers do things such as say yes I understand, even though they dont have a clue as to what you are asking them. All the rest just send thousands of dollars to mexico leaving little to our own economy or uncle Sam as they claim 45 dependents. The last rite of the standoff is to use your SS# and therefore making an audit mandatory for you.

See not a shot gets fired!:neener:

If you enjoyed reading about ""Mexican Standoff"?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!