Dad's Colt I'll never own.....

PDA

ScottsGT
November 3, 2006, 12:30 PM
Here's a few photos of Dads first generation Peacemaker that I'll never have the chance to own. It seems as if my brother was smart enough to name his son after Dad, so Dad wants to hand it down to his grandson named after him. Even though I'm the gun nut in the family. I took the photos next to my New Vaquero last week when I went to see them.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/ScottsGT/mineanddads.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/ScottsGT/dadsupclose.jpg
This is about as close I'll ever get to it, even though I built this one for Dad. But this one will come back to me one day.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/ScottsGT/Dadssideview.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Dad's Colt I'll never own....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Geno
November 3, 2006, 12:42 PM
Same with my brother getting my grandfather's rifle. My brother barely ever hunts, and has never...

Oh well. But, you're right; it is disappointing.

Doc2005

Ohen Cepel
November 3, 2006, 12:57 PM
It sucks, but at least it'll stay in the family. Could be much worse.

SaxonPig
November 3, 2006, 01:19 PM
Rare to see one with the barrel not cut. I have a photo of my dad standing on a dirt road in front of a 1951 Ford and he's firing a 7.5" 1st G Colt SAA. That gun, along with all his others, was sold by my mom to pay bills when he was killed in 1957. I don't have any guns from my dad and the one I had from my grandfather was stolen in 1987.

Marshall
November 3, 2006, 02:14 PM
Just remember, when you hand your guns down, you'll have your reasons why you hand them to whomever you do or, to how you distribute them. Don't take it personally, you never know what's in Granddaddy's head. He may have something else in store for you? Never know?

Cherish his time here on earth, enjoying that is much more gratifying and irreplaceable than anything he may or may not leave you. ;)

ScottsGT
November 3, 2006, 02:30 PM
Just remember, when you hand your guns down, you'll have your reasons why you hand them to whomever you do or, to how you distribute them. Don't take it personally, you never know what's in Granddaddy's head. He may have something else in store for you? Never know?

Cherish his time here on earth, enjoying that is much more gratifying and irreplaceable than anything he may or may not leave you. __________________
Marshall

Agreed! That's why I built him the 1911 in the post. This time last year he told me a story of his brother stealing his 1911 from his parents house and I wanted to do something for him.

offthepaper
November 3, 2006, 05:17 PM
"Just remember, when you hand your guns down, you'll have your reasons why you hand them to whomever you do or, to how you distribute them. Don't take it personally, you never know what's in Granddaddy's head. He may have something else in store for you? Never know?

Cherish his time here on earth, enjoying that is much more gratifying and irreplaceable than anything he may or may not leave you."

If you enjoyed reading about "Dad's Colt I'll never own....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!