Grip replacement for Les Baer TRS

PDA

Steelcore
November 3, 2006, 04:29 PM
Well I found out that it has shorter grip screw bushings that normal.will regular 1911 grips work?Or do I need thin grips?I can't stand the grips that came on it.Way too slippery.I think I want to try standar Hogue or Pachmayrs.

If you enjoyed reading about "Grip replacement for Les Baer TRS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
farscott
November 3, 2006, 04:55 PM
The TRS pistol comes with thin grips, thin grip bushings, and short screws. If you want to use regular grips, you will need to replace the grip bushings and screws with regular thickness parts.

If you need a pair of the regular Pachmayr grips, I have quite a few extras in my parts box as I use them on hard-use pistols. I am sure we can work something out.

bofe954
November 3, 2006, 05:20 PM
There are plenty of other thin grips around that are checkered and grippy. Check out wood grips.com. They have a pretty good selection of thin, thick grips and bushings etc.

hessy
November 4, 2006, 01:20 PM
For switching thin for thick grips, you do not need to replace the bushings on the TRS. Just use normal length screws and the grips of your choice. You need to replace bushings if you wanted to switch from thick to thin grips.

If you enjoyed reading about "Grip replacement for Les Baer TRS" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!